Everything wrong with the gear grind in one picture

Draw4wild
73 posts Member
edited June 2017
So here we have 4 items, all 50 salvage to make, all non challenge rewards, all available in nodes.

MK7 Biotech needed 25 total times
MK4 Carbanti needed 15 times
MK3 Stun Cuff needed 94 times
MK5 Stun Gun needed 123 times

I'm not asking for the gear crunch to go away, but please even out how often the rare items are used. Every Rancor for the last 2 weeks has given me MK4 Carbantis and MK7 Biotechs

And the kicker is, it you believe the recipes for the unreleased gear 12 items, stun cuffs/guns will be components for the next gear tier, whereas biotech and carbantis will not.

FPdq1kw.jpg

Replies

• Options
    Man, I think gear should be entirely different, similar to RPG games (Kotor as reference), you has slots and equip what is possible, (attacker can't use heavy armor, medium armor penalize force use, heavy armor only to tank, which reduces speed, and so on....). Same with mods, the primary stat is positive and the secondary negative, as you upgrade till lvl 15 you increase the primary and reduce the penalty of the negatives.
  • Options
    Why does no one ever talk about mk 5 furnaces? You need those just as much and unlike the others are not farmable...
  • Options
    I leave out Furnaces because if you look at the 4 raid only rancor items, they are all needed somewhat equally. The difference is furnaces are needed more at glvl 8/9, while the others are needed more at 9/10.
  • Options
    Yet the other three are farmable.....you can bang a full price out in 3 days where as a furnace takes at least a month with good rng
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with the gear grind is getting the same rewards from raids time in time out. Which happens to be challange gear 80% of the time
  • Options
    Wow, the Mk4 carbanti is actually used 15 times? I've only ever needed one. It gives me hope that I might actually use the 250 salvage I have piled up someday, although it will probably be joined by 500 more by the time that happens.
  • niko2018
    171 posts Member
    Options
    MK III Carbanti is what's lacking, MK IV is not that widely used as MK III
  • Options
    niko2018 wrote: »
    MK III Carbanti is what's lacking, MK IV is not that widely used as MK III

Again, farmable. You can acquire a full piece in 3 days easily