Thrawn Rant-

Centermass
42 posts Member
edited June 2017
Awesome we are getting Thrawn.. but Phoenix to unlock? Really, come on EA. You know if you stop designing marginal Toons that no one wants to use, you won't have to force us to use them...
And, you guys seem to have JJ Abrams streak going on with canon lately. It was good when the game started but lately it seems to be made up as it goes along.. Thrawn had nothing to do with the Phoenix... ugh.
Lastly, is this the cycle of the game now? Extreme OP player, then mediocre players, then another OP player that requires the previously released mediocre players..
ugh..I guess it doesn't matter. Folks are still gonna play and you only care as long as you guys make your bottom line

Replies

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn is the main antagonist for season 3 of SW:Rebels (and probably most/all of season 4, too).
    So... yeah.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    And back to my JJ Abrams comment. Should have thrown Disney into that lump instead. In the original story line before Disney messed it up, Thrawn was introduced in the book Thrawn, which was about the outbound project. He would later join the empire, but as it discussed in the Heir to the empire books, he was assigned to the outer regions of space because he was not a human like the rest of EP's and Tarkin's admirals.
    This Rebels and Phoenix squadron mess is a Disney twist of pooh..so.. yeah
  • Options
    That's in the newest book yes. But in the original thrawn trilogy Thrawn takes lead of the empire, palp and vader are dead and he leads the fight against luke, leia, and the new republic. And rebels is supposed to be before a new hope i think? So he should survive season 4.
  • Options
    Centermass wrote: »
    And back to my JJ Abrams comment. Should have thrown Disney into that lump instead. In the original story line before Disney messed it up, Thrawn was introduced in the book Thrawn, which was about the outbound project. He would later join the empire, but as it discussed in the Heir to the empire books, he was assigned to the outer regions of space because he was not a human like the rest of EP's and Tarkin's admirals.

+1
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Lastly, is this the cycle of the game now? Extreme OP player, then mediocre players, then another OP player that requires the previously released mediocre players

this has only happened once so.......
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options

Kudos on the EU knowledge, wish all those books were canon. Virtually every single 1 is better than what Disney has developed thus far...
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options

Kudos on the EU knowledge, wish all those books were canon. Virtually every single 1 is better than what Disney has developed thus far...

But now we have FO and resistance.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn was introduced in Zahn's trilogy starting back in 1991. Outbound Flight (not Thrawn) came many years later. But then the entire EU was made non-canon.

He was re-introduced to canon through SW:Rebels, actually, in September 2016. The new book Thrawn, also by Zahn, came out only a few months ago, in April, more than half a year after his first appearance in Rebels.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Thrawn was introduced in Zahn's trilogy starting back in 1991. Outbound Flight (not Thrawn) came many years later. But then the entire EU was made non-canon.

He was re-introduced to canon through SW:Rebels, actually, in September 2016. The new book Thrawn, also by Zahn, came out only a few months ago, in April, more than half a year after his first appearance in Rebels.

You're right in book names. After posting I realized I had gotten them confused. However, I was taking order of introduction in the SW timeline, not real world. I should have made that clearer..

• Options

Kudos on the EU knowledge, wish all those books were canon. Virtually every single 1 is better than what Disney has developed thus far

When I was growing up, and before the great sell out, that was canon...Heir Triology, I Jedi, Truce at Bakura, etc..

• Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Lastly, is this the cycle of the game now? Extreme OP player, then mediocre players, then another OP player that requires the previously released mediocre players

And now we have two data points...
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options

And now we have two data points...

so if they do it again then you can get angry.....
  • Options
    It's going to happen again. you know it, I know it. Thus my annoyance..

It works because everyone wants that super OP new toon, so they will invest into what failed toon they want us to use to get if. And then those toons will fade back into obscurity.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Virtually every single 1 is better than what Disney has developed thus far...
    There was a lot of dross back then, too. For every Zahn novel, there were several Kevin J. Anderson novels that made me want to puke. I think I forced myself through a few of those before I stopped torturing myself. Thankfully (in a way), not long afterwards I worked for Lucasfilm for a while in the lead-up to Episode 1.
    That made me not want to have anything to do with any Star Wars outside the OT for many, many years.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Sigh we have man children crying about how Disney "ruined" Star Wars. Grow up guys seriously, it is what it is and none of your crying will ever change that.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    korashika wrote: »
    That's in the newest book yes. But in the original thrawn trilogy Thrawn takes lead of the empire, palp and vader are dead and he leads the fight against luke, leia, and the new republic. And rebels is supposed to be before a new hope i think? So he should survive season 4.
    Why would he survive? He's not in any of the movies, rebels is ending with season 4, and the bendu claimed to see his impending death.
  • Options

But now we have FO and resistance.

This is a joke right? Neither is anything compared with already established factions within the old EU
  • Options
    i cant wait to see that stupid smurf die. And hopefully not an honorable death. He should be killed by jar jar
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Virtually every single 1 is better than what Disney has developed thus far...
    There was a lot of dross back then, too. For every Zahn novel, there were several Kevin J. Anderson novels that made me want to puke. I think I forced myself through a few of those before I stopped torturing myself. Thankfully (in a way), not long afterwards I worked for Lucasfilm for a while in the lead-up to Episode 1.
    That made me not want to have anything to do with any Star Wars outside the OT for many, many years.

Agreed, I just skipped those... but the other 4 main authors for the EU were just awesome... From the Vong series to the Legacy series, some truly epic writing... not to mention all the clone stories by... can't remember her name but she specialized in writing about the troopers in general