Should bounty hunters even have synergies?

CameronD
150 posts Member
edited June 2017
I was just reading up on more Lore and found out it is presumed Boba Fett killed Ig-88! Then I got to thinking and Bounty Hunters really don't work well together. I mean Jango Fett Kills Zam Wessal to cover his tracks and in the Clone wars TV show young Boba Fett works along side dengar and Bossk, who if not for aura sing, would certainly not listen to young Fett. Thus begs the question, should they get a increase in synergy or just a buff to make them standalone badass characters?

Replies

• STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    They do work together on a lot of missions though. In The Clone Wars you see that a lot. But they do often betray each other also :)
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    CameronD wrote: »
    I was just reading up on more Lore and found out it is presumed Boba Fett killed Ig-88! Then I got to thinking and Bounty Hunters really don't work well together. I mean Jango Fett Kills Zam Wessal to cover his tracks and in the Clone wars TV show young Boba Fett works along side dengar and Bossk, who if not for aura sing, would certainly not listen to young Fett. Thus begs the question, should they get a increase in synergy or just a buff to make them standalone badass characters?

Come to think of it they should be badass characters apart unless specifically team. Good call.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    I mean this is the game where you can have rebels and empire together and two versions of Anakin. so logic has never truly been a high priority
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    They do work together on a lot of missions though. In The Clone Wars you see that a lot. But they do often betray each other also :)
    It's a coin toss in my opinion you can't win em all. But they do need each other to get jobs done sometimes!
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    I mean this is the game where you can have rebels and empire together and two versions of Anakin. so logic has never truly been a high priority

Logic never heard of it.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Well Darth Sidious stabbed Savage Opress soon after meeting him and then electrocuted Darth Maul as he begged for mercy, but they still work pretty good together?
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Well Darth Sidious stabbed Savage Opress soon after meeting him and then electrocuted Darth Maul as he begged for mercy, but they still work pretty good together?

but that was clone wars Maul and we have Phantom menace maul
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options

I was just joking, but betrayal does show up a lot for the darkside
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options

I was just joking, but betrayal does show up a lot for the darkside

*cough* Rule of two *cough*
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Options
    You're also literally playing a game. I don't mean IRL, I mean within the game, it's gaming tables, etc.
  • Options
    But it's okay for Jedi and clones to have synergy with empire and sith? Need I remind you how many teams general kenobi is battling alongside his most hated enemies? Synergy and story logic are two different things.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Okay, but, like they don't, though? Don't get me wrong, I agree. But... They don't have synergies. So what's the problem?

Bounty Hunter characters are individually strong, but they work best as a drop-in on another team. IG-88 works best with a droid team, Dengar can really boost a debuff team, Zam a team that uses Thermal Detonators. Unfortunately only Boba and IG-88 are top tier, but they're both extremely splashable in specific team builds. This fits the mercenary theme of Bounty Hunters.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    well in that case sith should not have synergy do to the rule of two.
  • Options
    No all the masters of the rule of two teach what there Masters taught them. In fact plaques was aware of maul he thought of him like sid thought or ventress not really a sith no threat
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    The same logic can apply for having 5 sith in the same team.
    This is a holo table none canon game anyways
  • Options
    maybe when they release jango they can give him a move to kill an ally to save himself
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Bounty hunter synergies could come from spirit of competition.
    Like, lets say Boba Fett is on the field - all other bounty hunters would want to outdo him and thus gain bonuses. Thats if you want to add some logic to bounty hunter synergies in a game.
  • Options
    Deff, it's a game. I mean, really, IG-88 should be released as IG-88A, B, C, D, E and A would have the leadership ability and the rest would have specializations and, really, it'd be JUST LIKE the Jawas.

And yeah, I'd be cool if a lot of them got a tag under their uniques that read - if no other bounty hunters are in play + X (to whatever would make that one more B.A.)

Still, TCW had the bounty hunters working together as much as apart. Which is why we need Hondo and his ship -- he's the boss we're looking for and, you know, space pirates. (And I know that Jabba is probably the better master leader/more well known but I can't see him actually fighting, or being a toon to play, he's too big...)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    They should really have anti-synergy, like how Boba-Fett will always 2-shot a scoundrel. They hate each other lol.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Problem is:
    This is a game where you use a team of five; five bounty hunters with synergy makes sense.

All factions should have synergy no matter what this is just a mobile game not wookiepedia..

And agree with me that a full team of empire strikes back BHs would look badass, right? :)