After seeing Thrawn's kit, are you still farming Phoenix?

2Next

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I have enough toons to gear up from now on. I'm running a zQGJ team and couldn't yet gear up R2 due to other priorities: hAAT (Imperial troopers) and arena.(Jedis), so I think it can wait until next time.

I'm just happy that finally Ezra and Kanan are farmable. I'll maybe take a look at Zeb or Sabine too, when I'll have time and resources.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Yes but doubtful I'll use Thrawn immediately. Sadly, I think the best spot for him might be in a bog standard Rex Chaze GK team.
  • Options
    There is a fundamental problem with all these complex kits that need good decision making to play effectively.

Pretty much by definition they will be either massively OP on offense under human control or dreadful on defense under AI control ... often both.
  • Options
    Absolutely not. The uniqueness of the characters they are pumping out has long passed its zenit since its drowning in a sea of gears: cuffs and whatever they call it that the other 100+characters needs. Too much work for too little play.

Speaking of gears. When are you going to update the challenges? Its been 1,5 years since last update and i have thousands and thousands of the same (mostly useless) gears. Not updated for 1,5 years. Let that sink in.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Triple yes! Here's a great new video by AhnaldT showing him in action. Why wouldn't you do everything possible to obtain him--even at 5*? Imho, far greater payout on investment than leveling up 5 jawa to pass the crit damage challenge!
    https://youtu.be/lft_hF-dbho
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Yep!!!
  • Options
    HELLtotheYEAHHH!!! Blue is my favorite color anyway.
  • Options
    Yes, yet I believe his purpuse will be Raids: He will be awesome for p1 / p3 with all the turnmetergain from debuffs!
  • Options
    Does anyone know what star level the Phoenix team has to be to participate in the thrawn event?
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    Does anyone know what star level the Phoenix team has to be to participate in the thrawn event?

Any star level can participate in the tier relevant to them. So if you have them all at 4* you can do tier 4 max which is not enough to unlock him. You will need them at 5 to unlock, 6 for 6* unlock 7 for max
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Going for 6* should just be possible for me with 3 cantina refreshes per day (Chopper is the problem).
    Keep in mind, that's only 100% counter while someone is fractured, and only if you zeta his unique, otherwise it's 50% counter.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
  • Options
    I love getting all the legendary characters. I would recommend anyone to farm the required toons. Rebel, phoenix, empire, and jedi - if anything else in the game make it your duty to get all the legendary characters.
  • Options
    He looks like he's going to be a bit of an issue on defence, but you're basically going to win offence 90% of the time. I'd say that's worth it.

Plus, it looks like he could have quite a bit of use in raids, especially on TM removal Pit teams.
  • Options
    I read all of the Thrawn books and love Star Wars Rebels, I'm gonna try to 7 star them and get Thrawn!
  • Options
    He isn't a top priority.

*Jedi mind trick* He is your top priority
  • Saladius
    102 posts Member
    Options
    I actually have 25 toons blocked cause they need carbanti, and we will need 400 more xD
    And 17 blocked by guns.

Dont know how many handcuffs I took in the shop.

This game seems to have more farm than a Korean MMORPG xD
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I love getting all the legendary characters. I would recommend anyone to farm the required toons. Rebel, phoenix, empire, and jedi - if anything else in the game make it your duty to get all the legendary characters.

Thank you CG_Blackbeardpepe...
  • Options
    nope
  • Options
    He isn't a top priority.

*Jedi Master mind trick* He's not a top priority. Nobody should unlock him.

• Tenebris_Fidem
    123 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    In the words of WWE's Daniel Bryan:

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

Carbantis are easy to come by. It's the cuffs that are hell to farm. But, I'm willing to go through it regardless.

:smile:
  • Options
    Yup
  • floppytechie
    125 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    He isn't a top priority.

*Jedi Master mind trick* He's not a top priority. Nobody should unlock him.
    * Jedi Grand Master mind trick * You are wrong. Nobody should unlock him, except me.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I will be doing so. Primarily for the fact that long term players really have nothing else to do and the "new content" (Flash Events, Thrawn Event) are basically railroading everyone into doing so.

Lately, I don't feel like I am playing the game. It's more like the game is playing me. But whatevs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    In the words of WWE's Daniel Bryan

WHO?