Non-rare Speed primary mods worth leveling?

Roken_Fett
1293 posts Member
I've been farming mods forever and have yet to get a single 5 star blue or purple or gold mod with a speed primary, but I have quite a few gray 5 star mods with speed primaries.

Question is, are they worth upgrading and using?
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, all speed arrows are worth upgrading. Even 4 dot ones are worth it. Any other stats are just bonuses.
  • Options
    Yes. I would upgrade any 5 star speed arrow or critical damage triangle for sure. Maybe a couple others if I really needed it.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    kodias wrote: »
    Yes, all speed arrows are worth upgrading. Even 4 dot ones are worth it. Any other stats are just bonuses.

Oh, ok. I was wondering how everyone on my Shard had all kinds of speed primary mods and I couldn't get one.

But I assume they got a lot of gray mods and use them.

Thanks!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    30 speed guaranteed. Unless you have stupid amounts of good mods that's worth it.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    of course they are mate. I don't really know what you're expecting? I took me literally months just to get my first 5 star speed primary mod.

the secondaries are negligible when you have speed primary.

you could end up getting a gold with speed primary only to end up with +3% tenacity, +16 defence, +1.2% offence and +1% defence.

you could have a grey one which would yield more useful secondaries and be just as good if not better.

p.s. you know that you can only get primary speed on the NE arrow right?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are 2 toons maybe 3 I would never put a speed arrow on. All others need it, I even keep 3 dot speed arrows just incase.

B2 - accuracy
    Ashoka (and possibly shore) - crit avoidance.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Rapid wrote: »
    of course they are mate. I don't really know what you're expecting? I took me literally months just to get my first 5 star speed primary mod.

the secondaries are negligible when you have speed primary.

you could end up getting a gold with speed primary only to end up with +3% tenacity, +16 defence, +1.2% offence and +1% defence.

you could have a grey one which would yield more useful secondaries and be just as good if not better.

p.s. you know that you can only get primary speed on the NE arrow right?

Lol! Guess I'm a noob. Just figured they wouldn't work as well as rarer mods.

I'll get to leveling then.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Yes--BUT, only for crew members that you don't plan on using otherwise. For example, I don't use Plo Koon for much outside of ships, so I gave him six 5-dot white mods and levelled them to 15. All that matters for ships is the dots and levels, the stats and set bonus are irrelevant.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    There are 2 toons maybe 3 I would never put a speed arrow on. All others need it, I even keep 3 dot speed arrows just incase.

B2 - accuracy

you don't put speed mods on any tank my friend. you go for protection.

• Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options

B2 - accuracy
    Clones + leia with offense (cody with speed, obviously)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Yes--BUT, only for crew members that you don't plan on using otherwise. For example, I don't use Plo Koon for much outside of ships, so I gave him six 5-dot white mods and levelled them to 15. All that matters for ships is the dots and levels, the stats and set bonus are irrelevant.

Health and protection counts a lot for pilots, so I use health sets and prot. primary, even on arrow.
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I've been farming mods forever and have yet to get a single 5 star blue or purple or gold mod with a speed primary, but I have quite a few gray 5 star mods with speed primaries.

Question is, are they worth upgrading and using?
    Yes, even 4 star. Speed is such a huge factor in this game that when you see it, it's like the golden child.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Yes speed arrows, crit dmg triangles, protection circles, potency crosses.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Khayman wrote: »

Noted.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Boreas wrote: »

Health and protection counts a lot for pilots, so I use health sets and prot. primary, even on arrow.

I've tried this, didn't work. Character/pilot power doesn't influence ship stats.
    I'm not entirely sure, so i'm easely convinced otherwise if you can provide screenshots showing higher ship stats with protection/health mods on the pilot than with speed mods for example.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I level every 5 dot arrow with a speed primary. They're always usefull, even if it's only for your 5th raid team or something.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

I've tried this, didn't work. Character/pilot power doesn't influence ship stats.
    I'm not entirely sure, so i'm easely convinced otherwise if you can provide screenshots showing higher ship stats with protection/health mods on the pilot than with speed mods for example.

I'm not 100% sure of the stats, but health and protection increases the pilots power, and therefore crew power so it should increase (in principle) ship health.
  • REM
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I'm not 100% sure of the stats, but health and protection increases the pilots power, and therefore crew power so it should increase (in principle) ship health.

Nothing on mods influences the ship power other than whether it's, a 1,2,3,4 or 5-dot mod, and what level from 1-15 it is. That's it.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    REM wrote: »

Nothing on mods influences the ship power other than whether it's, a 1,2,3,4 or 5-dot mod, and what level from 1-15 it is. That's it.

Crew power effects ship power, I'm not sure about stats though.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Options
    REM wrote: »

Crew power effects ship power, I'm not sure about stats though.

Only the dots on the mods and the level increases the crew power. it doesn't matter if you have +1000 protection on a 5 star mod or +1 protection on a 5 star mod. it does nothing for your ship. you just need to put crappy lvl 15 5* mods on your crew. unless of course your using them for other parts of the game.
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Individual character power rating has nothing to do with converting to crew power level. All it takes into consideration is level, gear level, mods, and abilities. So if a level 85 Zader with 9500 power with all 5 dot mods maxed, all abilities maxed, and maxed gear will have the same crew power as a lvl 85 10,000 power Zader with all 5 dot mods maxed, all abilities maxed, and maxed gear.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Crew Power is separate from character power. There's a whole complex formula to determine Crew Power, and none of it comes directly from stats. It's ased on character level, stars, level of abilities, quantity of gear, and pips/levels of mod.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

Arrow - Speed
    Tirangle - Critical Damage
    Circle - Protection
    Cross - Potency

But what should you look for in:

Square
    Diamond

What should you look for in those? Working on modding my team to the best of their ability.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Arrow - Speed
    Circle - Protection
    Cross - Potency

Square
    Diamond

What should you look for in those? Working on modding my team to the best of their ability.
    ...... Is... Is this a real question? Squares are only ever Offense primary, diamonds are only ever Defense primary. There's nothing to look for in a primary.

Secondary? All the usual things that appear on all of them.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

Arrow - Speed
    Circle - Protection
    Cross - Potency

Square
    Diamond

...... Is... Is this a real question? Squares are only ever Offense primary, diamonds are only ever Defense primary. There's nothing to look for in a primary.

Secondary? All the usual things that appear on all of them.

It was. Thanks for the info, I guess? lol!

But it was a question that was an extension of a previous question.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options

Arrow - Speed
    Circle - Protection
    Cross - Potency
    ability.

It's not actually that simple apart from the arrow, which you always want speed with.

Quite often the secondary is more important, namely speed.

If you get a circle purple or gold circle with health as the primary but speed is one of the secondaries, chances are this could be epic if the speed improves to 14+

speed kills in this game.

• Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

Arrow - Speed
    Circle - Protection
    Cross - Potency
    ability.

It's not actually that simple apart from the arrow, which you always want speed with.

Quite often the secondary is more important, namely speed.

If you get a circle purple or gold circle with health as the primary but speed is one of the secondaries, chances are this could be epic if the speed improves to 14+

speed kills in this game.

Yeah, I always look for speed secondaries. I got that part down. Just never really paid much attention to primaries, as far as what you should look for, that is.
  • Options

B2 - accuracy

you don't put speed mods on any tank my friend. you go for protection.

Baze, SF, GK, ShoreT, all benefit from speed arrows. Speed is and has always been the primary stat in this game. RG, of course, had no need for speed.

Try it out.