Long time player wish list

For long time players new content becomes more and more important. The problem with new challenging content however is that is should replace old content and SWGoH doesn't follow that path.
After completing GW 700 times the challenge is gone and it's just a grind for the rewards. Same goes for the rancor and even PvP has lost it's magic since we battle the same guys since 2015!
So how about this.
1 When you launch a new raid give all old (rancor and tank) rewards evenly balanced across all members and only new rewards based on rank.
2 remove pvp arena and replace with new game mode
3 remove gw and add rewards to free energy claims
4 to replace gw let players practice against guildmates or self selected teams for no rewards

Let me know what you guys think and hope we can convince the dev team it's time for an update in game modes.

Replies

• Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    Options
    I agree this game needs some major face lifting. Keep adding new characters doesn't fix that at all. Like some of those ideas, getting more gear over time on old raids is helpful, and current arena definitely needs rehaul its completely mundane and repetitive. Galactic War hasnt been fun in sooo long. Just let us sim ticket the whole thing and be done if we have beat it so many times manually.

ill just chime in. My first priority is:

1. Sandbox/Mock Battles - We need a way to practice fights with our guild mates. Allow us to do this, endlessly. It doesn't reward anything other then giving us the option to just fight whoever we want in our guild.
    a. Record a history of said battles up to a certain amount that is re-watchable from anyone in the guild. Include who fought, who won, and what were the teams involved. (this is done in other SW mobile game)
    b. Add a battlelog, that simply shows in text everything that went on in the fight. Its obviously in the system, let us see it too, so we can study damages, buffs, debuffs, what works, what doesn't, did that mod help, did it not...etc. (done in other SW mobile game)
    c. Practice against yourself - Be able to setup your own team vs your own team with the characters you have in your possession. (this is done in other SW mobile game)

2. Live PvP - Get your game to the next level. Yes it can be done, its 2017, lets not make excuses we cant add a simple live pvp option in a mobile game these days, tons do it already very well.

3. Add better built in chat system, with more options, with private message, etc.

4. Get better AI - a dumb AI is not an excuse just so we can easily always rank high. Give us a challenge, and we players we overcome any challenge.

5. Give loyalty rewards to players the longer they play, reaching milestones.

6. For the ones that like to tweak things visually, why not add ways to customize our toons, with different outfits, different color sabers or weapons, color of blaster bolts, or w.e. So we have more uniqueness to one another. Or perhaps toons start out with basic looking outfits, and as they reach higher level, gear, stars, they become more of the iconic look they are.

7. Guild vs Guild modes - Get guilds involved to be competive. Nothing beats human opponents.

Anyways, got more ideas, but some to chew on.
  • Dameron
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Mastoraz wrote: »

Isn't that just achievements?
    6. For the ones that like to tweak things visually, why not add ways to customize our toons, with different outfits, different color sabers or weapons, color of blaster bolts, or w.e. So we have more uniqueness to one another. Or perhaps toons start out with basic looking outfits, and as they reach higher level, gear, stars, they become more of the iconic look they are.

This. Unlockable outfits would be a welcome touch. I'd like to give Leia her Hoth outfit and Luke either his Cloud City or ROTJ outfits (depending if we get a Jedi Luke based on ROTJ or TLJ as a separate character). Plus people asking for Clone helmets could get what they want without taking the unhelmeted look away from people who like it.
  • Options
    Mod presets. That is all.
  • Options
    Need some love for those who work nights and miss out on the extra energy given out in the middle of the day. I'm falling behind those who started the game after me.
  • Mattikin
    107 posts Member
    Options
    2. Live PvP - Get your game to the next level. Yes it can be done, its 2017, lets not make excuses we cant add a simple live pvp option in a mobile game these days, tons do it already very well.

I wonder how easy it would be for them to implement this within the existing shard system.

The shards themselves aren't created by region or player activity level so I wonder how the scenario would play out at different levels.

If I'm ranked no. 1, what incentive do I have to fight anyone before payout.

If a player who is fairly inactive (5-10 levels back from shard leaders), what are the odds of me logging in and finding players within my shard of a similar level logged on at the same time as me.

To implement this would require a heck of a lot of work I'd imagine as I think they'd have to break the shards. It would definitely be fun but I'd imagine some variation of a timed Guild v Guild is a more realistic option (though also not without difficulty).
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    As a long time player myself I agree with the premise of this post but I don't think you could really remove GW or PvP Arena.
  • Options
    Mod presets. That is all.

+10000000
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    i'm all for removing pvp arena. it's been stale and boring from the first day i entered it.

i also think it's time some of the harder pieces of gear to farm got a bit easier to acquire. but i'm guessing that will come with thr level cap increase which i hope is soon.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    I can see where you are coming from but there is still a lot of newer players just discovering GW, PVP, etc. No need to remove anything that would kill the game, but would be nice to see improvements for long time players.
  • Options
    Need more events. Already have yoda and EP. Need someone need some new toons to put in rotation. Someone else to work for. Maybe darth revan, starkiller, maybe rotate c3p0 and Han Solo more.
  • Options
    The problem with new characters is that players buy them to max gear and seven stars. How about a character that you cannot purchase? How about one that you have to grind and grind away at like how Darth Vader used to be before being placed in the shard shop and the fleet shop. Make characters that require a lot of time and effort to acquire and make good.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Dameron wrote: »

I'm not picking you on you here - but achievements are an absolute insulting joke. As an example, my next "Arena Fight" achievement for 10k wins will be 5 Vader shards, 50 crystals and 700k credits. I've been playing since launch. It took me almost 18 months to hit 2500 wins. So it should be about 6 year total (another 4 and half YEARS) to hit that achievement. I've had Vader at 7 stars for almost 8 months - and I could snag 5 Vader shards from fleet shipments. I get 50 crystals for completing all of my dailies. 700k credits? That's just above what I make in GW for one day.

In summary, a 6 year achievement in this game yields the same rewards as one day of dailies and a single fleet store purchase.

The "achievement" rewards in this game are like if you worked at Fortune 500 company and, as you gift for 10 years of service they offered you anything you wanted...out of the cafeteria vending machine.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Dameron wrote: »

I'm not picking you on you here - but achievements are an absolute insulting joke. As an example, my next "Arena Fight" achievement for 10k wins will be 5 Vader shards, 50 crystals and 700k credits. I've been playing since launch. It took me almost 18 months to hit 2500 wins. So it should be about 6 year total (another 4 and half YEARS) to hit that achievement. I've had Vader at 7 stars for almost 8 months - and I could snag 5 Vader shards from fleet shipments. I get 50 crystals for completing all of my dailies. 700k credits? That's just above what I make in GW for one day.

In summary, a 6 year achievement in this game yields the same rewards as one day of dailies and a single fleet store purchase.

The "achievement" rewards in this game are like if you worked at Fortune 500 company and, as you gift for 10 years of service they offered you anything you wanted...out of the cafeteria vending machine.

I never thought of it like that, im on 1800 ish arena wins and about a year and a month or 2 in.....it should be 330 vader shards and 70mil credits and 5000 crystals at LEAST
    My Collection Red Lining the Revan Counter

• Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    Options
    Regarding back to PvP.

Right now they do have a basis system in place for all of us to fight one another regardless of what shard were on, and that was tournaments. So they do have something in place. And the way to handle that would be completely separate to what the current arena is. Like get that out of your head, because live PvP would be a complete different system to the current arena.

Look at games that excel at competitive E-Sports like StarCraft 2 from blizzard. They designed for PvP to have Seasons. Each new season begins, everyone starts from scratch and works their way up the ranks, and also you are mixed in with a pool of new people each time, so no one season you face same people always. There are numerous ranks, ranging from Bronze, all the way up to Grandmaster. So as you fight other teams, depending on if you win or lose, you climb up in your division until you rank up. When the season is over, you get rewards depending on what rank you were placed. (by ranks I mean like Silver or Gold, not an exact rank number like we have now. What kind of rewards? Who knows, but things that are worth the effort, especially if a season lasts for months or several weeks.

And if you don't play, if you go inactive? Then your rank slowly decays in a linear fashion if say you don't play for a couple weeks.

So to sum it up, you log into SWGOH, you go to Galaxy PvP icon (or w.e. you wanna call it). In there you will see info on your current rank, how many wins and losses and draws you have, perhaps info on the leaders currently in your division, and how many wins you need to get to the next rank and so forth. So then you click on Find Opponent under Season Tournament, and bam, you lock in to your opponent, the screen takes you see each others team and you have certain time to make changes before match starts. There would be live chat so you can chat before fight really quick if you want.

When match begins can be same as now, but since its Live PvP there will be adjustments how its handle to prevent abuse. Like you have certain amount of seconds each turn to make an action, you cant just sit there and draw it out or else the AI will automatically just use an action for you. If your internet disconnects, the AI takes over, etc.

When the battle is over, you would go to overview screen, it show you results, perhaps some nice stats like highest damage toon, number of evasions, etc. Also a replay button if you wanted to rewatch it, but would go away when you left the screen entirely back to main menu. You would also be able to post chat at the overview screen.

And if you didn't want to do a tournament fight there would be a skirmish tab, there you simply find opponents to fight for the simple reason to just fight and nothing more.

Anyways some ideas where I think it could go, while still keeping the current stale arena in place.
  • Options
    I see some nice ideas here from many people and agree player who haven't played a long time still like rancor and pvp arena.
    I hope the devs will find a way to solve these issues like removing pvp for lvl 90 players when the cap is increased. Making a new raid which uses the same currency as rancor would be very straightforward as well.
    Other wishes like mod sets are not specific to long term players but are great QoL changes of course.
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Options
    My two cents as a long time player would be a new game mode that's sort of a story mode combining almost all aspects of the game:

-Daily refresh and say 7/8 nodes mirroring GW but the battles could be either a ground battle or a space battle and you choose one team of 5 characters plus an additional 4 more as reinforcements.
    -Daily battles could be faction based (Monday LS--Jedi..Tuesdays DS- empire...) or just all LS toons on certain days and DS toons on the other days with bonuses.
    - Amazing rewards ie: Fully crafted gear, exclusive character shards etc...

Quick Example - Monday LS characters only, bonus for jedis.
    - Node 1--starts with a space battle over geonosis, quick animation showing descent on to the planet, collect reward.
    - Node 2-- ground battle on the battle field, quick animation showing poggle escaping.
    - Node 3-- ground battle under geonosis...
    - Node 4-5-- battling zombies and whatever else the devs think up
    - Node 6 --ground battle Big Momma Zombie (geo queen)
    - Node 7-- space battle escaping Geo safe and sound.

After each node there would be a reward and a quick animation.

Problems: limited ships, however this is an easy fix. Player would have to have a deep roster.
  • Options
    K_mett1 wrote: »
    My two cents as a long time player would be a new game mode that's sort of a story mode combining almost all aspects of the game:

-Daily refresh and say 7/8 nodes mirroring GW but the battles could be either a ground battle or a space battle and you choose one team of 5 characters plus an additional 4 more as reinforcements.
    -Daily battles could be faction based (Monday LS--Jedi..Tuesdays DS- empire...) or just all LS toons on certain days and DS toons on the other days with bonuses.

- Node 1--starts with a space battle over geonosis, quick animation showing descent on to the planet, collect reward.
    - Node 2-- ground battle on the battle field, quick animation showing poggle escaping.

Problems: limited ships, however this is an easy fix. Player would have to have a deep roster.
    Wow this sounds pretty fantastic, especially for younger players becuase of it rotated everyday, for 7 days it would give a new challenge to work to everyday. For example, I'm level 84 and my Jedis are trash so I wouldn't be able to get very far on Monday but give me a oppoutunty to use Rebels or droids and I could go pretty far!
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Options
    CameronD wrote: »

Wow this sounds pretty fantastic, especially for younger players becuase of it rotated everyday, for 7 days it would give a new challenge to work to everyday. For example, I'm level 84 and my Jedis are trash so I wouldn't be able to get very far on Monday but give me a oppoutunty to use Rebels or droids and I could go pretty far!

Thanks so much for liking my idea. I thought about making a thread suggesting it but I was so nervous people wouldn't like it.

• MaathFaselli_1
    254 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I agree this game needs some major face lifting. Keep adding new characters doesn't fix that at all. Like some of those ideas, getting more gear over time on old raids is helpful, and current arena definitely needs rehaul its completely mundane and repetitive. Galactic War hasnt been fun in sooo long. Just let us sim ticket the whole thing and be done if we have beat it so many times manually.

ill just chime in. My first priority is:

1. Sandbox/Mock Battles - We need a way to practice fights with our guild mates. Allow us to do this, endlessly. It doesn't reward anything other then giving us the option to just fight whoever we want in our guild.
    a. Record a history of said battles up to a certain amount that is re-watchable from anyone in the guild. Include who fought, who won, and what were the teams involved. (this is done in other SW mobile game)
    b. Add a battlelog, that simply shows in text everything that went on in the fight. Its obviously in the system, let us see it too, so we can study damages, buffs, debuffs, what works, what doesn't, did that mod help, did it not...etc. (done in other SW mobile game)
    c. Practice against yourself - Be able to setup your own team vs your own team with the characters you have in your possession. (this is done in other SW mobile game)

3. Add better built in chat system, with more options, with private message, etc.

4. Get better AI - a dumb AI is not an excuse just so we can easily always rank high. Give us a challenge, and we players we overcome any challenge.

7. Guild vs Guild modes - Get guilds involved to be competive. Nothing beats human opponents.

Anyways, got more ideas, but some to chew on.

brilliant, I agree 99% not sure I like the customize part... as long as we don't have chewie in purple or anything crazy :p
  • Options

I love this idea!
  • Options
    holyjoe35 wrote: »
    i'm all for removing pvp arena. it's been stale and boring from the first day i entered it.

i also think it's time some of the harder pieces of gear to farm got a bit easier to acquire. but i'm guessing that will come with thr level cap increase which i hope is soon.

Good for you. Some of us enjoy the climb
  • Options
    So they should completely change the game because you're bored? Lol.. seriously? Go play something else.
  • Options
    So they should completely change the game because you're bored? Lol.. seriously? Go play something else.

Dude eat a Snickers man. You're cranky tonight. His ideas are terrible but still.