My solution to the excessive GW teams.

Prev1
Rlex
160 posts Member
We stop buying anything. Hell quit. And make it be known.

1. Is it really that hard of an issue to fix when you continually come out with new events? And even figure out new ways to link and make people spend their money and go through hoops *cough* Phoenix *cough* Thrawn *cough*

2. This issue has been known. And the staff often denies, and gives PC answers instead of fixing the issues. Fix the issue or provide a suitable work around. Like reset buttons for people who provide proof of repeated excessive teams.

I spent (past tense cause I'm not spending anymore till this actually gets fixed) good money on this. Lately you all have been sucking the fun out of this. And don't give me **** excuse. I've been playing this long enough to know. Can't wait till this Phoenix **** is over.

Btw if you think I'm going to spend more money to try and get more powerful to beat that... ehh nah. I've bought your junky packs and learned my lesson.

3. I put in a ticket, and they basically told me to do what I'm doing now so it'd get fix, cause this is not the first time they're hearing about this.

We're not saying make it easy as hell. We're saying make this game fun again and not a **** chore or a pain. Sometimes you kill my love for star wars period.

Replies

• REM
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    What the heck are you talking about?
  • Options
    REM wrote: »
    This.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    well, i'm completely f2p and i steamroll GW. I don't think that me not spending is the deciding factor though ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    He's talking about the over-charged GW teams players run into. Can't say I disagree. When you hit a multi-zeta, max gear, max level, max star Sith team on node six, there's a problem.

For my money, the way GW should work is to use AI generated teams only; not player teams. And the progression should make actual sense; the halfway point should NOT be way harder than node 10, and 99% of the time it is.

But I made my peace with not beating GW every day a long time ago. I do what I can, and when I get to one of those super nodes I know I can't beat without destroying half my roster, I just stop. Saves me the frustration.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Mainly this.

But if you are having trouble with GW, why not focus on GW, and don't let yourself be distracted by new events or things like that.

By the way, I will probably get 7* thrawn without spending a penny. It's called hording.

Also just want to point this out below.
    leef wrote: »
    well, i'm completely f2p and i steamroll GW. I don't think that me not spending is the deciding factor though ;)

• Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Well, since the completely f2p people here are very happy about all this, and not only do not share the complaints of OP, but also say nothing is wrong with power creep, forcing Disney toons to everyone etc., the solution is simple, the OP and other people who have the same complaints should cease any support buy spending money, the happy others are already not spending anything (so they say), so the devs can see it's not good forcing customers to spend more for unnecessary/unwanted characters (who thinks it otherwise already have what they want, so they can spare their insight about it).
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    It's working as intended. Several people have already done their Math-magic and figured out the percentage bump for each node. If your power rating is at a specific point where that +120% (or whatever the number was) rates a massive team, you are going to face strong, zeta'd, max gear teams
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    I went a month without finishing GW till I finally got over that hump. Just focus on a couple power teams and max them out.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Might be a you problem. There are a lot of F2P/P2P that have no issues with GW.

Glad you stopped spending money, that'll show 'em!

You actually submitting a ticket to complain is just pure awesome.

wpid-wp-1421079777172.png

Good luck.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Boreas wrote: »
    Well, since the completely f2p people here are very happy about all this, and not only do not share the complaints of OP, but also say nothing is wrong with power creep, forcing Disney toons to everyone etc., the solution is simple, the OP and other people who have the same complaints should cease any support buy spending money, the happy others are already not spending anything (so they say), so the devs can see it's not good forcing customers to spend more for unnecessary/unwanted characters (who thinks it otherwise already have what they want, so they can spare their insight about it).

No one is forced to pay. The imaginary "I need this now" doesn't need to be there. It's a game. Everything available now will be more available later.

That being said it's a business model, they will always try to stress people to spend, it's nothing bad on their end.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

If the f2p players are already happy, doesn't that mean that the devs aren't forcing customers to spend in the first place?
    Honestly though, if you've been playing for a while and have been spending good money, you're probably not very good in this game if you can't finish GW without any issues. Even without spending money it's very doable if you've been playing for a while.
  • Options
    Since GW opponents are based on power rating, the devs need to readjust power ratings of zeta'ed characters and characters with special skills higher than the current power rating. With the higher power rating, the OP teams will not appear as opponents of teams that are in the 40-45K range.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    I went a month without finishing GW till I finally got over that hump. Just focus on a couple power teams and max them out.

Honestly though, I actually enjoy the challenge that GW presents, there are some days when the "super teams" make me think that there is no way I will finish but I do some puzzle solving with lineups and team comps and suddenly I have managed to beat seemingly insurmountable odds and then I am suddenly hit with feels and accomplishment and satisfaction.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options

If the f2p players are already happy, doesn't that mean that the devs aren't forcing customers to spend in the first place?
    Honestly though, if you've been playing for a while and have been spending good money, you're probably not very good in this game if you can't finish GW without any issues. Even without spending money it's very doable if you've been playing for a while.

I in fact have no problem with GW, do not remember a time I did not finish it, possibly it was once 2 months ago against a Zylo, I was stating the fact that if there are people who have complaints about an issue, the ones who do not have them have no right to shut them down. I'm not a big spender in this game, been buying some crystals every now and then, for gear mostly, and I don't know what you mean by being good in this game means, for months I'm getting the first rank in both squad and fleet arena during my payout, so I'm satisfied with what I'm doing.

As for forcing, I had a 4* Luke and a 4* star Jawa during the first flash event, promoted Luke to 5 by the end (thanks to 50 free shards), but I never thought it was forcing people for unnecessary or unwanted characters, because it's Luke after all, but for Phoenix, I feel that way, rather then trying to prove how people are wrong about it, or just shutting them down, or just mocking and insulting them as if they are just incompetent or incapable in doing some things (I do not care about anyone's progress after all) some people should ask why some people actually feel that way. It may be an exercise on empathy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I in fact have no problem with GW, do not remember a time I did not finish it, possibly it was once 2 months ago against a Zylo, I was stating the fact that if there are people who have complaints about an issue, the ones who do not have them have no right to shut them down. I'm not a big spender in this game, been buying some crystals every now and then, for gear mostly, and I don't know what you mean by being good in this game means, for months I'm getting the first rank in both squad and fleet arena during my payout, so I'm satisfied with what I'm doing.

As for forcing, I had a 4* Luke and a 4* star Jawa during the first flash event, promoted Luke to 5 by the end (thanks to 50 free shards), but I never thought it was forcing people for unnecessary or unwanted characters, because it's Luke after all, but for Phoenix, I feel that way, rather then trying to prove how people are wrong about it, or just shutting them down, or just mocking and insulting them as if they are just incompetent or incapable in doing some things (I do not care about anyone's progress after all) some people should ask why some people actually feel that way. It may be an exercise on empathy.
    @Boreas
    If the issue a player is having can be solved by the player himself rather than the game having to be adjusted, wich would influence every player, not just the ones with that particular issue, i think the players without that particular issue have just as much of a right to shut them down as the player with the issue has the right to complain about the issue. Having an issue doesn't automatically mean a complaint about said isssue is always valid and that there's something wrong with the game that needs fixing.
    The being not so good at this game part doesn't apply to you, since you're finishing GW without any issue. Having issues with GW if you've been playing a while and have spend a good amount of money is a solid indication of not being good at this game.
    Your personal preference in characters wich you are okay with to farm without feeling forced is not something i can change, nor do i want to change that. But when you're vocal about wanting the game to change to fit your personal preference you can't expect others to be silent who don't want the game to be changed because of their personal preference. And lets be honest, it's not like you haven't done your fair share of mocking and insulting.
    As for the last sentence of you comment, i'm inclined to agree. I could have just helped the guy out and gave him some tips on how to consistandly clear GW without having to spend any more. However, the way the OP was written doesn't make me feel like i want to help him out, or that he wants to be helped out for that matter. Your own comment wasn't particulary helpfull or full of empathy either, you just tried to make it about disney characters, again.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    @leef

I just want to clarify I few things. The first thing OP wrote was about Phoenix and Thrawn, and I state that I agree with that. Lately I've been complaining about recent promotion about the Disney characters, not because I think they have no place in this game (and I know that I do not have any authority decide it btw.), but, as a player and SW fan, I feel disturbed as they have been made (looks like that) the no1 priority in this game, which, considering the place of many important characters in the SW universe, it seems unfair. I never asked or wanted the game to fit my preferences (in fact I was planning to farm Sabine and Kanan before all this fuss, since I was finding their kits interesting, but won't do it now), but I do believe everyone has a right to speak their mind about the issues in general. As for mocking and insulting, I'll admit I sometimes tend to reflect the exact tone of some other people questioning anyone about their opinions, but it's a reaction in fact, because patience has limits, I'm not Yoda after all. What I believe is everyone is free to voice their opinions, and none has the authority to force them to shut up.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if the people that don't get it are in denial or what.

I did the getting over hump thing of not passing gw. And I've done the long **** streak of flying through it. I beat it yesterday. There's a difference between tough/challenging and excessive/egoistic/impossible. And again I'm getting multiple zeta teams. This time at 6th.
    How many of you untouchable people are in a guild? How many of you actually give a **** about your guild? Cause all I'm hearing is "I, I, I... me me me... blah blah". Let's not forget the uneeded and childish shots at me. That's cool keyboard Jedi. You're the players I don't want to be like and I probably rejected your guild invite or left your guild. Chances are I probably mowed over some of your people too. See I can take stupid childish shots in an attempt to look cool too. Keep in mind your expert **** wouldn't be where you're now, without others.

Anyways. It's an issue that multiple are having, it's being ignored and it needs to be fixed. And yeah if a bunch of people stopped paying then yeah it'll effect them. Oh you took this for months and learned to live with it. That's not me... honestly it shouldn't be you either.

Also if you can't tell where they get you to pay... I don't know what to tell you.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not being touchy. I'm just being real about it. You've even made a chart proving that this thing gets excessive. Yep you're not the only one that can troll. If you all want to be online trolls and **** with new people or whenever someone brings up an issue. That's cool. I'm using this to bring up the issue. Which there is an issue. Just cause you personally haven't experienced it doesn't mean it's going on. And we all know you're not making it in this game as a single player. So you're full of it when you attempt to act like gods. But what's really disturbing is how much in denial the people that have been here for a while are. The whole math thing... I get that. People in our guild do it... there's logic to it. Which is also the reason why I'm saying there's something wrong with the gw system. There's challenging and then there's excessive.

You can insult me the noob all you want, I don't care. You guys probably do the same **** on FB. But I will say something. It's funny how people who do have an issue and said something about it get trolled on by players that have more posts.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    Since GW opponents are based on power rating, the devs need to readjust power ratings of zeta'ed characters and characters with special skills higher than the current power rating. With the higher power rating, the OP teams will not appear as opponents of teams that are in the 40-45K range.

One of the few sensible answers... Thank you

• Rlex
    160 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @leef

I just want to clarify I few things. The first thing OP wrote was about Phoenix and Thrawn, and I state that I agree with that. Lately I've been complaining about recent promotion about the Disney characters, not because I think they have no place in this game (and I know that I do not have any authority decide it btw.), but, as a player and SW fan, I feel disturbed as they have been made (looks like that) the no1 priority in this game, which, considering the place of many important characters in the SW universe, it seems unfair. I never asked or wanted the game to fit my preferences (in fact I was planning to farm Sabine and Kanan before all this fuss, since I was finding their kits interesting, but won't do it now), but I do believe everyone has a right to speak their mind about the issues in general. As for mocking and insulting, I'll admit I sometimes tend to reflect the exact tone of some other people questioning anyone about their opinions, but it's a reaction in fact, because patience has limits, I'm not Yoda after all. What I believe is everyone is free to voice their opinions, and none has the authority to force them to shut up.

Nicely said

• Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    He's talking about the over-charged GW teams players run into. Can't say I disagree. When you hit a multi-zeta, max gear, max level, max star Sith team on node six, there's a problem.

For my money, the way GW should work is to use AI generated teams only; not player teams. And the progression should make actual sense; the halfway point should NOT be way harder than node 10, and 99% of the time it is.

But I made my peace with not beating GW every day a long time ago. I do what I can, and when I get to one of those super nodes I know I can't beat without destroying half my roster, I just stop. Saves me the frustration.

Yeah I'm quite feisty and was in the military lol. Gotta fight it lol.

• Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Mainly this.

But if you are having trouble with GW, why not focus on GW, and don't let yourself be distracted by new events or things like that.

By the way, I will probably get 7* thrawn without spending a penny. It's called hording.

1. Actually that's called having no life and sacrificing time you could do other stuff for this. You're literally living for the game.

2. I never said that I spent money because I needed to, to get ahead. I spent it cause deals popped and I was like " meh screw it" and I also spent it because I like the lack of spam on here, the only ads are for this game. I like that and wanted to help support that. Other than that all Free to play
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Rlex wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Mainly this.

2. I never said that I spent money because I needed to, to get ahead. I spent it cause deals popped and I was like " meh screw it" and I also spent it because I like the lack of spam on here, the only ads are for this game. I like that and wanted to help support that. Other than that all Free to play

and look how well that turned out, now you're actively trying to get people to stop spending, heck even stop playing. Who needs enemies when you got supporters like yourself, haha.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    AleranCoda wrote: »

Honestly though, I actually enjoy the challenge that GW presents, there are some days when the "super teams" make me think that there is no way I will finish but I do some puzzle solving with lineups and team comps and suddenly I have managed to beat seemingly insurmountable odds and then I am suddenly hit with feels and accomplishment and satisfaction.

Yeah I encountered that before and I kinda get that even though I don't get that rush because I know how the system is built. There's a difference between difficult and impossible. Sparring an amiture fighter and then they throw you in the ring with Kevin Ross who's a pro Muay Thai champion.
    Winstar wrote: »
    Might be a you problem. There are a lot of F2P/P2P that have no issues with GW.

Glad you stopped spending money, that'll show 'em!

You actually submitting a ticket to complain is just pure awesome.

wpid-wp-1421079777172.png

Good luck.

It's not a me problem, like I said it's been mentioned before by others etc etc. I know I'm a noob here but my level is 83 and I put emphasis on toon building and not leveling up. Which could be part of the issue. I've been doing made for level 80+ challenges waaaay before I got to level 80. I did work on the R2 challenges, more so than people higher than me. I don't have an r2 cause I didn't have the required people. When we do challenges I'm competing with higher players. So if I'm having trouble there's an issue. And I know way better players having the same issue. And players who aren't as good having the issue. Some staff know about this issue and they told me to post up. It's not a "just you" issue. You probably don't see it posted that much cause of the mob mentality around here.

• Options
    Dude, you're raving. Take Yoda's advice and have patience. You will master it, in time. You will master all the game modes, in time. But time it will take, and lots of it.

There have been a billion GW complaints. Frankly, I agree that the GW algorithm is difficult and doubly so for newer players who can't even access the characters they have to fight against. It is probably too difficult and in theory should be fixed.

But on the other hand ...

The GW rewards have been scaled up at least twice in recent memory. All of the "old" players had to deal with a reward system that required finishing N12 to score a single character shard, not to mention lower credit rewards, and they dealt with that for a long time. Now the newer players enjoy more credits and more bonus shards on earlier nodes. Finishing N10/11 now gives as many rewards as the old-timers used to get for finishing the whole thing, if not more (I think it's more). The only thing you don't get more of is those War Tokens for the GW shop, but you should not worry too much about that, farming GW characters is still easy and still are not the greatest heroes in the galaxy.

So sit back relax have a brew and enjoy your battles.

cheers
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

Exactly this 100%
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Dude, you're raving. Take Yoda's advice and have patience. You will master it, in time. You will master all the game modes, in time. But time it will take, and lots of it.

There have been a billion GW complaints. Frankly, I agree that the GW algorithm is difficult and doubly so for newer players who can't even access the characters they have to fight against. It is probably too difficult and in theory should be fixed.

But on the other hand ...

The GW rewards have been scaled up at least twice in recent memory. All of the "old" players had to deal with a reward system that required finishing N12 to score a single character shard, not to mention lower credit rewards, and they dealt with that for a long time. Now the newer players enjoy more credits and more bonus shards on earlier nodes. Finishing N10/11 now gives as many rewards as the old-timers used to get for finishing the whole thing, if not more (I think it's more). The only thing you don't get more of is those War Tokens for the GW shop, but you should not worry too much about that, farming GW characters is still easy and still are not the greatest heroes in the galaxy.

So sit back relax have a brew and enjoy your battles.

cheers

1. Yoda can **** suck it.

2. Again there's difficult and there's excessive impossible. Once in a while, cool. When it's consistent there's a problem. Algorithms or not you're not beating the **** **** they put in front of you.

3. Oh you and others been around for ages and don't feel **** should be handled now because it wasn't back when you all played? I already knew that.... and Uhhhh nah. You all want a cookie for sticking around? That kind of mentality is ****. How bout fixing it so others don't haft to go through the same ****? It's funny how many of you old guys want this **** to continue. Maybe if you all had put half the effort you put in trying to get people to not talk about this, into fixing it before... it wouldn't have been that hard.

I played this too way back end but stopped. I've been playing this for a bit and notice the payout is less. Yeah didn't make charts and what not on it, but yeah it's less. Farming characters is easy? TFP, RG
    Farming isn't that easy when the gems get cut either.

Again I'm in my level 80's. While I don't have many posts, not exactly new to this game. I just don't go on the forum and I refuse to let this game consume my life like it does some of the people on here that don't realize they're an addict and not passionate.
    Saraleb wrote: »

Exactly this 100%

Again there's difficult and excessive/impossible. Also if you need this to get feels of accomplishment and satisfaction, I don't know what to tell you. I literally just play the thing and move the **** on when I beat it. Either way I'm building my characters, moving on with whatever plan etc etc. I used to get down like that video games but figured out how they really work. Stopped falling for the traps.

• Options
    Ok, but where's my cookie?