How long will the Thrawn event last?

Prev1
It's been awhile since I've done any legendary events and I forgot how long they run. Is it a week? A few days?

Replies

• Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    A week
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    If I recall i believe the original Yoda event was like 10 days? Possibly the same for Palp? Recently they have been 7 days, but is it possible the original could be longer? Obviously My memory may have served me wrong.
  • Options
    Cool ty. Just wondering if I have the time to farm a fifth Phoenix
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Options

Farm?!?! EA wants you to buy them... best not use the word farm too much, it'll only encourage them to shorten the event. Think they have not met the ROI on the time spent developing Phoenix
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    If I recall i believe the original Yoda event was like 10 days? Possibly the same for Palp? Recently they have been 7 days, but is it possible the original could be longer? Obviously My memory may have served me wrong.

Yes, it was 10 days
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Morpheus wrote: »

Farm?!?! EA wants you to buy them... best not use the word farm too much, it'll only encourage them to shorten the event. Think they have not met the ROI on the time spent developing Phoenix

You are aware it's entirely possible in the time they gave to the announcement to get 5 Phoenix characters to 6*, right? Very easy to do 5*. I know this because I haven't spent a penny attempting to do so and I'm on pace for a 6*. Also, I didn't have any type of currency saved as I used it all to try and 7* Nihlius. The short message with this is, it's definitely farmable, but if you've failed elementary math it may seem more difficult than it is..
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options
    You are aware it's entirely possible in the time they gave to the announcement to get 5 Phoenix characters to 6*, right? Very easy to do 5*. I know this because I haven't spent a penny attempting to do so and I'm on pace for a 6*. Also, I didn't have any type of currency saved as I used it all to try and 7* Nihlius. The short message with this is, it's definitely farmable, but if you've failed elementary math it may seem more difficult than it is..

Agreed. Don't listen to the haters. EA/CG has done a very good job, both with this event and other things they've done to both give a small leg up to the spenders (don't think you can get 7* without spending at least $100 if not more), and make things possibly for free to play farmers (6* is totally doable).

They've done this wonderfully with other characters, as well. Nihilus is a long farm, but even before you could farm him, they gave him away for free at 3* (and he was even great there due to his kit). A small $10 purchase could have gotten him to 4*, where, I think, is his sweet spot where he becomes useful at gear 11 even in the top 5. Or the spenders could spend $300 - $400 to get him immediately to 7* if they wanted. Small leg up for spenders, still doable for ftp.

Was this an event likely to garner some dollars for CG? Yes! And we should be thankful they have this structure or we wouldn't have a game to play. I've played a few other long-term mobile games like this, and SWGOH comparably does a great job at making the game enjoyable even if you are entirely playing for free. Other games you'll hit a paywall. Star Trek Timelines? There's no way you'll get a Legendary character to 5* (max) in under a year or three unless you poor hopeless amounts of cash into him. SWGOH? Get Thrawn to 5 or 6* now for free, and in a couple months you can have freely farmed Phoenix to get Thrawn at 7*.

Sorry, a bit off topic, but the notion that Thrawn isn't unlockable for free in the time frame given is absolutely ridiculous.

• Options

I understand how you can get five Phoenix to 5* in the allotted time they gave us, I'm almost there. But how is it possible to get 6* as a ftp? I just don't see it without spending Crystal or unless you already had Phoenix at 4* during their event and spend money/crystals then
  • Options

I understand how you can get five Phoenix to 5* in the allotted time they gave us, I'm almost there. But how is it possible to get 6* as a ftp? I just don't see it without spending Crystal or unless you already had Phoenix at 4* during their event and spend money/crystals then

This I had 2k saved in all store currencies except shard shop, and farmed and spent exclusively Phoenix since they were released into nodes and stores. By end of event, I will probably have chopper, zeb, plus either Hera or Ezra at 6*.

Jarrus and Sabine 6* I doubt it. Jarrus won't be far away but Sabine no chance.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options

Haha elementary math has nothing to do with bad rng. I have 5 Phoenix ready to go and started at announcement and no where near 6 stars by time this ends the way it's going won't even have 5 star Sabine . She is shy coming out in the guild shop and the hard node . This event should run same time length as previous legendary events but I guess it is what it is. I get 5 million scores in phase 4 Haat want to use Thrawn in that predicting clone like damage with him and will be waiting anxiously for event to return with all Phoenix ready to go I hope Sabine gets over her shyness by then.
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I don't understand how supposedly FTP get Phoenix to 5 or 6* so fast... I had all toons during the last event and I only have 3 at 5*.

Let's say you get 10 shards of Jarus per day to from 2 1/2* to 6* that's 165 shards or 17 days!

Sabine that is 33 shipments in the guild store, with 3 refreshes per day that would be more than 10 days considering that she doesn't show up at every refresh! Single hard node with 3 attempts won't give you much.

Ezra and Hera that's so much Cantina energy considering the drop rates!

Zeb at least you can get 15 shards per day.

This is all different if you spend crystals to speed things up... which we get between 100-300 per day.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options
    Sabine is not needed.

FTP 6*, I'm sure, would have taken dedicated farming from the day they hit the shops, especially 3 cantina refreshes during double drops and continuing to today.

As you can tell, the "ftp" label is a bit loose, as to be free it would require top 5 placement daily.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    LtGenStu wrote: »
    I don't understand how supposedly FTP get Phoenix to 5 or 6* so fast... I had all toons during the last event and I only have 3 at 5*.

Let's say you get 10 shards of Jarus per day to from 2 1/2* to 6* that's 165 shards or 17 days!

Sabine that is 33 shipments in the guild store, with 3 refreshes per day that would be more than 10 days considering that she doesn't show up at every refresh! Single hard node with 3 attempts won't give you much.

Ezra and Hera that's so much Cantina energy considering the drop rates!

Zeb at least you can get 15 shards per day.

This is all different if you spend crystals to speed things up... which we get between 100-300 per day.

All was easy if you take 1 in arena daily . I used 3 refreshes cantina daily alternated betweeen Ezra and Hera to get too 5. Used currency from doing that for chopper. Every other day get a extra buy of kaanaan In arena shipments. Zeb 15 shards a day . We had couple days of double drops too remember
  • Options
    7 days
  • Options

It's much more difficult to get 6* and it's going to require you to have about 300 crystals available everyday. Fortunately I finish many days in the top 20 and as high as 1.

Using 3x refreshes on cantina will get you there even with bad runs in RNG.

That will generate enough cantina currency for chopper.

You should be getting 10 shards a day from arena.

15 a day from GW.

Of course, using fleet shipments for Ezra will be necessary as well..

• Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options

It's much more difficult to get 6* and it's going to require you to have about 300 crystals available everyday. Fortunately I finish many days in the top 20 and as high as 1.

Using 3x refreshes on cantina will get you there even with bad runs in RNG.

That will generate enough cantina currency for chopper.

You should be getting 10 shards a day from arena.

15 a day from GW.

Of course, using fleet shipments for Ezra will be necessary as well..

Every other day get a extra set of kaanan in arena shipments . Daily activities
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    For some reason I thought it later the R2 event lasted 13 days but I might be imagining that. I hope it last 10 days, that way I have enough time to "buy" ;) Theses Toons!
  • Galahax
    26 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    "All was easy if you take 1 in arena daily . I used 3 refreshes cantina daily alternated betweeen Ezra and Hera to get too 5. Used currency from doing that for chopper. Every other day get a extra buy of kaanaan In arena shipments. Zeb 15 shards a day . We had couple days of double drops too remember"

Oh, is that all we need to do? Ok, We'll all get right on that.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options
    Galahax wrote: »

Awesome. :#
  • Options
    6 hours and that's it good luck
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    CameronD wrote: »
    For some reason I thought it later the R2 event lasted 13 days but I might be imagining that. I hope it last 10 days, that way I have enough time to "buy" ;) Theses Toons!

Only 7 days. It states in the announcement:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116407/game-update-6-13-2017#latest
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I am currently in top 100 arena, and with just a few hundred shard shop shards and sitting at about 1200 crystals when double drops started, and nothing else saved, it is still going to be very close and hard to do. I was very lucky with Ezra getting him to five stars on like 4 or 5 double drop refills, and almost to 6 with shop packs. Anyways with getting 2 cantina refills a day, I should 6 star Hera hopefully tomorrow, Ezra in 4 days. Zeb if all goes well happens in 5 days. But now it gets tight. Chopper should be done when I refresh the final full day, with few crystals to spare if I fall out of top 100 in arena, and Kanan will end up being 15 shards short. That means I'll need to also acquire 3000 before than, I am currently at 1500 thanks to a lucky bronzium. But I still need to convert about 90 shards to get where I need to be, which will be either pretty hard or very costly of other ships. So I should make, but it is going to be tons of work and costly of slowing done a bunch of other progress when you also add all my regular energy is pretty much spent on gearing all these guys up
  • Options
    The event will eventually return. So, if people can't get Phoenix Squad to 7* this time around, then they can continue to work on them for the next time the event comes around. Not being able to get a 7* Thrawn out of the gate without spending any money isn't the end of the world...any of us weren't able to get 7*Yoda or Emperor Palpatine on the first go around either.
  • Options
    "All was easy if you take 1 in arena daily . I used 3 refreshes cantina daily alternated betweeen Ezra and Hera to get too 5. Used currency from doing that for chopper. Every other day get a extra buy of kaanaan In arena shipments. Zeb 15 shards a day . We had couple days of double drops too remember"

GASP!!! You are actually going to have to grind for it!!!! The horror.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options

Cool glad I could help
  • Options

How do u farm a toon u can get up to 3 shards a day to 230 total shards in 1 week?

I think you may have been the one who failed math.
  • Options
    You can get 5* no matter what unless you are past 100 in arena for kanan. My alt account which only bought the starter pack was a hoarder. I started during the Phoenix events and didn't complete tier 4 on any of them so I started all at 2*

I have spent everything since this was announced(all refreshes) on them and will complete 5* kanan on the 21st. My drop rates have been pretty bad. I didn't complete my GW 2 days ago. I can afford to lose 1 more so I guess I'm not guaranteed, but very close.

Whether or not it was smart for me to go all in, is another story. The point is, this account has spent $5 and started with all 2* Phoenix and I will have them done by the last day.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

How do u farm a toon u can get up to 3 shards a day to 230 total shards in 1 week?

You don't need all 6 - only 5. Sabine isn't necessary for Thrawn.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

My point is proven. Some people such as yourself aren't what I'd call very bright, lol. Back to your bridge.

*Spoiler* Sabine isn't needed.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    TheRingSmall.gif
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber