Mace Windu changes?

"Mace Windu's kit .....
•Basic ability reworked: Now deals 25~50% more damage while Mace is above 50% Health, and heals Mace for 50~70% of the damage dealt while Mace is below 50% Health
•Unique ability reworked: At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 30~60% chance to Expose a random enemy until the end of his turn. In addition, Mace gains 10~25% Turn Meter whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy."

I have the update but I'm not seeing any change to Mace. Aren't these changes supposed to be live today?
~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    No update for me so cant comment yet
  • Options
    They haven't updated that part yet.
  • Options
    Updated. 5 shards away from him.
  • Options
    I would say these changes should go live in about 3-4 hours. It also might depend on you time zone and if that's the case I would say your download will be presented to you after your arena rewards have gone through. They seem to update afterwords as to not affect those trying to get better ranks in.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone have a high level mace care to comment on the changes? Is he worth resources to level his abilities?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I have a 4 star Mace gear 6. Played with him a couple times in cantina missions just to mess around. His basic attack is average, special attack can deal big damage, and he exposes enemies quite often. I liked playing with him and will continue to level him and upgrade him abilities!
  • Options
    Heezyyyy wrote: »
    I have a 4 star Mace gear 6. Played with him a couple times in cantina missions just to mess around. His basic attack is average, special attack can deal big damage, and he exposes enemies quite often. I liked playing with him and will continue to level him and upgrade him abilities!

Agreed, mine is purple, 5* almost 6 (3 away) for Jedi event. He's better, but very susceptible to taunt, if he can't attack what he exposes he loses all his new abilities (the extra damage and the extra turn meter) but should be very good for Jedi event and LS battles

I did the same testing and he plays like the numbers look, exposes about half the time and the extra damage makes him at least usable when he doesn't (no more sub 1000 damage at level 57) the turn meter boost is a nice touch
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Taunt wouldn't be that bad would it? He has buff removal. Resisting or on cooldown would be a pain though.
  • Options
    I explained it in a more lengthy post on the other Mace thread, but short version if someone has taunt on, mace has to attack that character, even if he hit expose on some other toon. In this case he loses the 20% added total health damage (which can be huge, several thousand hit points at level 70) and he loses his turn meter buff for attacking the exposed enemy.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've had a chance to use the updated version twice now. Still kinda boring. IMO he needs an AoE
    Edit: Over 3 fights I haven't seen him expose yet.
    Post edited by Bon_El on
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone have him with his unique maxed? It says up to 60% but I have it at level 5, the next tier is just +5% damage at level 62 and that would mean the 60% isn't accessible until the next level update. Is that true?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Does anyone have him with his unique maxed? It says up to 60% but I have it at level 5, the next tier is just +5% damage at level 62 and that would mean the 60% isn't accessible until the next level update. Is that true?

I didn't get the tier 6 so can't be sure, but I've seen in other places that it needs lvl 72
  • Options
    I'm currently farming him in cantina, so I was hoping people would be raving about him by now. On paper his skills sound good: Offensive buff when healthy. Self heals when hurting. Chance to expose before his turns. Sounds good to me?
  • Options
    Nobody's going to be raving about him, but I'm pretty sure he went from awful to meh.
    Meh is okay, neither good nor bad.

He needs a HP buff, 1000 HP at an absolute minimum, to make him playable.

Once he's about to die he can life steal at Talia's old levels...nothing that's going to keep him alive or even require one more hit.
  • Options
    Very dissapointed with his improvement. Not quite sure what he does well. I don't think anything. I've got him at 5star level 68 fully geared and skilled. His expose is too random to be relied upon and his regular dmg is too low. His buff wipe is okay. Hoping my yoda somehow improves him. Lol. Regardless. I will be running my full yoda Jedi team. Might sub mace out when I get anakin skilled and geared.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Tier 6 is max possible at current cap and it is 45% expose chance and like 20 or 22.5% turn meter gain with tier 7 giving you either + 2.5% or + 5% turn meter gain. Maybe tier 8 will be +15% expose chance but it will take a lvl 82 Mace
  • Options
    Mace Windu still sucks, I think developers just threw a bone to us to not cry about how bad Mace Windu was. But his new condition is still unsatisfactory and useless. He still doesn't work like a tank. Look at his unique skill Shatterpoint's icon. It is a running man. What is the relationship between Shatterpoint and a running man? And icon of his leader ability Vaapad. What is the relationship between Vaapad and a shield? According to me that skill icons are enough for me to see they just made carelessly pseude improvement to him to make us shut our mouths.
  • LunaMaat
    154 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have the update and Mace 5* lv65 purple gear and I see no change... :(
  • Options
    I have a lvl70 7* Max Gear Mace, and he is still useless. I maxed him up because I enjoy him as a character and was hoping he would be somewhat enjoyable to play, but he is not.
  • Options
    I want to use Mace for his Jedi offense buff for Jedi teams. But everyone is still complaining on his skills. Is he worth even getting?
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @ReySkywalker So, I have a 7*, max gear, 70 Mace. Lumi, Mace, Ahsoka, JC at 7*, Eeth Koth at 6*. Beat the Yoda challenge up to tier 6 with that team. It does just fine, and Mace did well enough.

Top 50 in arena with him, before changes. Recently replaced with Yoda (QGJ and Old Ben switched in as well). He's mediocre still. Can't really suggest him for an all Jedi team anymore since there are better ones now.
  • Options
    I've had a chance to use the updated Mace @15 times now. Still boring. He definitely needs an AoE. His expose is too random - often attacking the char he exposes (if it works at all) isn't the best move, so even tho he's exposed someone, it's useless.
    He's slightly improved - certainly no superstar.
    I'm actually irritated with myself for joining in the Yoda challenge. My other 'plans' were put on hold to lvl up a bunch of mediocre char's. I've dropped in arena from 50 to can't crack 100.
    I would say GW got worse but IDK. GW is so irritating that I just don't have the energy for it anymore. It's no fun - which is supposed to be the point right? When you're mostly f2p it's tough to build the perfect team.
    #SWGOHgettingold
    Sorry got off on a rant - ha
  • Options
    If he had a chance to expose all enemies at the start of his turn, and had an AOE, he would be pretty viable.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    I'm still holding hope for Mace! He is my favorite character and my first real one in the game.
    I think if he had a counter attack like 5s and another damage buff he could be great!
    Only time will tell
  • Options
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    I'm still holding hope for Mace! He is my favorite character and my first real one in the game.
    I think if he had a counter attack like 5s and another damage buff he could be great!
    Only time will tell

I like the counter idea!
    #GiveMaceCounter
  • Options
    love the counter idea!!!!

and it makes sense.
  • Options
    @M9silent That is still a bummer. Mace is one of the most powerful Jedi in the order. He should be a great character. I do like the counter idea for him! He for sure needs to be buffed again if I am gonna use him for my Jedi team.
  • Options
    I unlocked him for Yoda challenge(because he is one of the easy Jedis to unlock) and for hoping this update will make him better. But couldn't get satisfaction :D