STUNNED is STUND!

Sewpot
2010 posts Member
Not a big fan of how a character can be stunned with next to zero turn meter and get called to assist or have the next move. Seeing this so much now I'm feeling STUND!. See this with chaze, nihilus, kenobi the most. Sure I know Rex lead teams have tm when attacked but for a character to just get stunned with no tm to attacking right after the stun is sayin that toon just got 200%turn meter. 100% to shake off the stun and 100% to go next. Been seeing this since the last update.
Sorry just a morning rant lol.

Love this community
Love Star Wars
Love this game
Love the dev's (kinda lol)

Now the yin yang universe is appeased.

Replies

• Options
    I hear you, I often stun only to see Chirrut do his heal/cleanse upon immediately coming out of stun... what the heck is the point of the stun if he can do that?
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Preach!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Sure I know Rex lead teams have tm when attacked but for a character to just get stunned with no tm to attacking right after the stun is sayin that toon just got 200%turn meter. 100% to shake off the stun and 100% to go next. Been seeing this since the last update.
    That a cleanser or Savage or Barriss. Cleansing/removing the stun lets them go at their normal time. So <100% TM, not 200%.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    This morning was a Rex(L) chaze,kenobi,nihilus team. Kenobi was dead, I just stunned nihilus with zero TM and he came out of it to attack next. Bug!?
  • Options
    That's happened to me a lot. I hope it's a bug that the devs can address. They've been through the wringer lately so who knows what they're working on
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nm
  • Options
    They're stunned with you!
    image.png
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    This morning was a Rex(L) chaze,kenobi,nihilus team. Kenobi was dead, I just stunned nihilus with zero TM and he came out of it to attack next. Bug!?

And sure Chirrut or Rex didn't cleanse him? Triple Cleanse is complained about on the forum for a reason.
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    No. There is a bug on stun. I've seen it and we've discussed it on Reddit. I am going to get a vid for it next time I see it on GW.

I have see toons go on their normal order when stunned with no cleanser around.

For the record, there is ONE way this could happen based on the stunned character having one of the best speeds on the board. If all other toons go, and the stunned character goes to become *unstunned* then stacks up TM before the other toons do, he will *appear* to go right from being stunned.

To understand this, you have to understand how TM works. The bar actually represents 1000 points of TM. So, for the sake of argument, let's say you have three toons on the board:

Stunned Toon - 900/1000 TM, speed 200
    Toon that just went - 100/1000 TM, speed 125
    Toon that is going - 1000/1000 TM, speed 100

Tonn that is going has full TM, so goes. That immediately resets that toon to 0/1000. Now TM starts filling.

In six fills, the TM looks like this:

Stunned Toon - passed 1000, became unstunned, now has 1100/1000 TM
    Toon that just went - 100+6x125 = 850/1000 TM
    Toon that is going - 6x100 = 600/1000 TM

So, since the stunned toon actually passed 1000, *and reached 1000 or more again FIRST* they will go, making it LOOK like they went DIRECTLY off stun.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Would love to see video of it, of course. The only times I've seen someone who is stunned seem to go next, I look around and go "Yup, Barris." or "Yup, Savage.", or some other cleanser whose cleanse I barely noticed at 4x speed due to their small animations.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    bolobaby wrote: »
    No. There is a bug on stun. I've seen it and we've discussed it on Reddit. I am going to get a vid for it next time I see it on GW.

For the record, there is ONE way this could happen based on the stunned character having one of the best speeds on the board. If all other toons go, and the stunned character goes to become *unstunned* then stacks up TM before the other toons do, he will *appear* to go right from being stunned.

To understand this, you have to understand how TM works. The bar actually represents 1000 points of TM. So, for the sake of argument, let's say you have three toons on the board:

Tonn that is going has full TM, so goes. That immediately resets that toon to 0/1000. Now TM starts filling.

So, since the stunned toon actually passed 1000, *and reached 1000 or more again FIRST* they will go, making it LOOK like they went DIRECTLY off stun.

Speed has not worked in "ticks" for quite some time.

So it would work like this: Toon goes, and then stunned toon fills 100 tm to come out of stun. Next toon is 125/200 = 0.625 times their speed. So multiplied by the first toon's 10% tm is 6.25%, and add that back on to the 10% they had, so toon #2 is at 16.25% tm. Toon 3 is similarly at 5%.

Since toon 1 is 1.6 times as fast and thus can get to 100 before toon 2 finishes the remaining 83.75% tm, the result is the same as in your example (Toon 2 only gets 62.5% tm, for a total of 78.75%). So I'm not disputing the possibility of your example, just that you are describing the mechanics based on grossly out-dated information.

That's a really contrived example though, and I still think there's a cleanse involved.
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

So it would work like this: Toon goes, and then stunned toon fills 100 tm to come out of stun. Next toon is 125/200 = 0.625 times their speed. So multiplied by the first toon's 10% tm is 6.25%, and add that back on to the 10% they had, so toon #2 is at 16.25% tm. Toon 3 is similarly at 5%.

Since toon 1 is 1.6 times as fast and thus can get to 100 before toon 2 finishes the remaining 83.75% tm, the result is the same as in your example (Toon 2 only gets 62.5% tm, for a total of 78.75%). So I'm not disputing the possibility of your example, just that you are describing the mechanics based on grossly out-dated information.

That's a really contrived example though, and I still think there's a cleanse involved.

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification. I was not aware that was updated.

I only provided the example as a way of showing that it could *appear* as if a stunned toon is going directly off stun, which - as you point out - can still appear that way regardless of the inaccuracies in my explanation of the mechanics.

But, as I also indicated, I have seen the bug for myself, firsthand, with no cleanser, and Vader (who was slow) going right out of stun. I did not get a vid at that time, but I will get one next time I see it in GW. It is happening. I thought I had seen it previously, but dismissed it. After seeing it for sure that last time, I found that others on reddit were reporting the same thing.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification. I was not aware that was updated.

I only provided the example as a way of showing that it could *appear* as if a stunned toon is going directly off stun, which - as you point out - can still appear that way regardless of the inaccuracies in my explanation of the mechanics.

But, as I also indicated, I have seen the bug for myself, firsthand, with no cleanser, and Vader (who was slow) going right out of stun. I did not get a vid at that time, but I will get one next time I see it in GW. It is happening. I thought I had seen it previously, but dismissed it. After seeing it for sure that last time, I found that others on reddit were reporting the same thing.

Eagerly awaiting the video. It may be helpful to change it to 1x.
  • Options
    I've encountered this a lot.. a stun they escape after it's up (usually instantly) and then hit me first.. I'm like **** how did I come out on the negative end of this stunned exchange.. I don't use those characters so maybe someone can shed some light on why this happens.