Why does every character need so many mk3 carbantis?

And they changed the drop rate in challenges.... and thrawn needs a boatload of them as well... spread it out a little bit...

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    There is already 6000 threads on this. Why can't you post somewhere else..?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116143/galaxy-of-carbantis#latest
  • Options
    Why can't you skip the thread?
  • Options
    As an answer to your question as to why... I got an mk3... saw how many I still needed, came to the forums to vent and did not think to scroll through pages of threads to see if I was being redundant.
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed, the MK 4 carbs are used a total of 15 times, where as the MK 3's are used a total of 124 times... makes little sense to me how the lower tier gear is required 10x more than the higher tier... but lets not open that can of worms.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    Why can't you skip the thread?

Because there is another exact thread on the main page already and you just bumped a separate and likely legitimate thread off the most recent page. You are doing the forums a disservice by spamming.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Yea its ridiculous how many of my characters are stalled because everyone needs these.
  • Options
    You buy crystals for mk3 carbantis. EA profits.
  • Options
    You're a disservice... it's a hot topic... people are already commenting on this thread and it's getting clogged up with your whining
  • Options
    Well....didn't mean to offend. :-/
  • Options
    You're also doing a disservice to the word spamming... if I posted this thread a couple times a day, it might rise to the level of spamming... but as it stands, I'm posting something I wanted to post, not in an annoying way, just putting it up there... calm down
  • Options
    Not you weary
  • Options
    It was meant for exar the kun... he's all upset about me not doing proper research and finding the thread that addressed this issue before
  • Options
    And weary, I agree, it's a good way to get us to spend money... but I feel like there are more clever ways of getting us to spend than requiring every character to need like 10 of this gear... I'm aware of my exaggeration
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Agree with OP. Have just gotten baze to gear 9, want to finish him off to gear 11 then gear chirrut, gk and thrawn. The amount of carbantis needed is staggering.

Hold me.
  • Options
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    And weary, I agree, it's a good way to get us to spend money... but I feel like there are more clever ways of getting us to spend than requiring every character to need like 10 of this gear... I'm aware of my exaggeration

+1
  • Options
    Doesn't Thrawn require a sick amount of them?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

Eleven Carbantis. And some stun gun salvage.
  • Options
    I am fine with them requiring hard to get gear... The problem is that it's all the same… It gets so boring and mundane farming the same piece of gear over and over and over again
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Eleven Carbantis. And some stun gun salvage.

I read it is 8, that 11 was a confusion... he needs 4 stun cuffs
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Who cares about how many Thrawn needs. The entire Phoenix team needs more and without them you do t have to worry about Thrawn cuz you won't get him. Thats the start of the problems problem.
  • Options
    Carbantis aren't a problem since at least you can farm them through challenges. The damned Mk 3 Holo Projectors are whats a problem. I swear every character needs multiples of those as well.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Options
    Carbantis aren't a problem since at least you can farm them through challenges. The damned Mk 3 Holo Projectors are whats a problem. I swear every character needs multiples of those as well.

LOL ... this is just what I "need" right now, does not count what happens when I promote my heroes up to the next gear level. Note the tall one on the right.
    9GL9rwD.png
  • Options

LOL ... this is just what I "need" right now, does not count what happens when I promote my heroes up to the next gear level. Note the tall one on the right.
    9GL9rwD.png

Sure, your carbantis are a lot higher, but remember that each full carbanti is 50 pieces. Where each full holo projector is only 20. A bit of quick math shows that you need 47 full pieces of carbantis, and 27 full pieces of holo projectors. Now there is an obvious large gap, but also bear in mind that unless you are actively farming holo projectors, you will get those carbantis faster than you'll get the projectors. In my case, I need 39 carbantis, but 41 projectors.

Also, cool graph, i need one of those lol.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

9GL9rwD.png

I cried a little. As I'm sure my graph would look similar. :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Like 450 for gk
  • Options
    The carbantis madness made me realize it is pointless to hurry to get new toons since i cannot gear them at decent levels before ages.. in the end, feels bad with dissatisfaction but good for my wallet!