Why does Rex ignore a successful DN drain?

So i was fighting a rex team and they all had a debuff. My DN comes up to plate and does his drain force move. Since everyone on opponents team was debuffed it is a 100 percent chance to raise the opponents cool downs by 1, including rex. So I'm stacking debuff after debuff on these guys and here comes rex on his first turn since DN cool down increase, and what does this guy do? He freaking uses his special and gets rid of all debuffs...****. is this correct? Why didn't he attack once then use his special next turn?

Replies

• Options
    if he had foresight he could have deflected it
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Did he have foresight?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, even without foresight he might dodge. Did you see the red text pop up indicating that his cooldown increased?

The other problem comes in when he gets so much TM from crits that his turn comes around faster than I realize. If you accounted for all that and he STILL used it right away then it might be a bug that needs to be reported.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    He doesn't even need foresight. It can be resisted/evaded - whatever it is specifically called. Happens all the time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    He doesn't even need foresight. It can be resisted/evaded - whatever it is specifically called. Happens all the time.

@Nikoms565 can it be resisted? I didn't think that was the case, I know it's only a 50%proc (100% debuffed target), but after that it doesn't go through a tendency/potency check so how could it be resisted?
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Was Rex stunned at all either before or after DN used his Force Drain? DN's cool down increase is wasted on a stunned enemy, as the stun and cool down basically reset at the same time. So the opponent's "first" action will make all abilities available again.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    It cannot be resisted but still can be evaded.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

@Nikoms565 can it be resisted? I didn't think that was the case, I know it's only a 50%proc (100% debuffed target), but after that it doesn't go through a tendency/potency check so how could it be resisted?

I've seen it deflected before. I don't think I've ever seen resisted.
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    It hits through tenacity up so it cannot be resisted. Only way to avoid it is by dodging or deflecting it.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

I've seen it deflected before. I don't think I've ever seen resisted.

Yeah, deflected is what it's called when you dodge a special damage attack. Basically identical. But it cannot be resisted.
  • Options
    Scorn wrote: »
    Was Rex stunned at all either before or after DN used his Force Drain? DN's cool down increase is wasted on a stunned enemy, as the stun and cool down basically reset at the same time. So the opponent's "first" action will make all abilities available again.

He was stunned from emperor palp. I did not know this was the case
  • Options
    And to everyone else, how can it be deflected off its 100 percent chance to hit? I think the stunned theory is the case for what happened
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    And to everyone else, how can it be deflected off its 100 percent chance to hit? I think the stunned theory is the case for what happened

100% chance to attempt the cooldown reduction... IF the attack hits. It can be dodged.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    It was stunned by EP so no evade/deflection. OP did not take into account that Countdown would still decrease while stunned.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, sorry. "deflected" is the term, not resisted.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    It was stunned by EP so no evade/deflection. OP did not take into account that Countdown would still decrease while stunned.

Absolutely correct in this case. From what he said that is what happened here. However this statement...
    And to everyone else, how can it be deflected off its 100 percent chance to hit?

...this is not correct. If the character is debuffed there is a 100% chance to increase cooldown IF the attack hits. It can't be resisted, but it can be evaded.

@_Scorn already solved this mystery, however for future issues I just wanted to make sure that we all know that unavoidable and irresistible are two different things.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Nikoms565 can it be resisted? I didn't think that was the case, I know it's only a 50%proc (100% debuffed target), but after that it doesn't go through a tendency/potency check so how could it be resisted?

Yeah, sorry. "deflected" is the term, not resisted.

All is right in the world again.