Content Fatigue

Protasm
21 posts Member
Tank Takedown was released almost eight months ago. A new game mode was rumored in April, but two months later has yet to be announced. I can feel my enthusiasm for the game (and my desire to spend more money on it) beginning to wane. Increasingly I hear people say they feel the game has become stale.

That said, it wouldn't take much to fan the flames of my addiction to SWGOH. Is the next raid two months out? four? six? Will a new game mode reward me later for grinding Mob Enforcer today? Will I ever be able to unlock Cassian's U-wing?

Throw me a lifeline here, EA.

Replies

• Options
    I keep trying to stockpile gear, but always finding another toon I want to level up. Grrr.

Currently gearing Bistan to see what he's like against Rancor.
  • Options
    Well @Protasm, I felt like you do now right now months ago. I was a light spender but found nothing to spend on so I stopped. I dropped down down my arena rank but happier for it.

If ea gives more content then I'll happily spend I would think but for tired raids, a repetive arena and an awful shop arena I won't.

I enjoy my guild mates and hope things will change, for now I'm happy to F2p while I wait :)
  • Options
    Well @Protasm, I felt like you do now right now months ago. I was a light spender but found nothing to spend on so I stopped. I dropped down down my arena rank but happier for it.

If ea gives more content then I'll happily spend I would think but for tired raids, a repetive arena and an awful shop arena I won't.

I enjoy my guild mates and hope things will change, for now I'm happy to F2p while I wait :)

The devs giving timely updates would help as well.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    +1, I agree content is stale... its been the same for months now.. just new useless boring characters apart from R2....
  • Options
    Yeah i can't understand why CG has gone that silent since a few weeks about new content. They could have created a really big hype if they had shown us something else than just some animated Thrawn stuff during EAplay and only 1h of filmed content from their Game Changers/YouTubers.

And after these leaked screens they should have gone public and tell everyone they have something they are working on but this content isn't ready to be shown.

I am getting really tired doing the same thing every day.
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    Options
    One would believe that with the hughe amount of money they are making. They also would be able to release new content, new game modes on regular basic. Not only toons. It gets really boring to repeate all the same steps with a new toon who's not even worthy alone the time not to talk about resources or money. New raid? If it will turn out like the last 2 pls dont release it at all. Maybe you could hire someone who will be able to add NEW aspetcs to a raid with some NEW mechanics
  • Options
    It is a weird situation in the game of late, things like the phoenix for thrawn and then the little bonus nugget of bug fixing the wording for the flash event are just short term profit boosts, the lack of content sees long established, p2p players falling by the wayside on a more and more, regular basis, I am sure they have better market analysis than a fool like myself but I never really understand why you wouldn't at least tease new content to give people hope the game may eventually give you something to actually do again one day!
    I am a dolphin, or at least I think I am, since launch am defo in the £2000+ category but without new raids or proper content, I haven't spent a penny in 3-4 months, there is no need too, if i can rank high in arena and complete raids, there is no reason to open the wallet. Wait a sec, am I actually typing on a forum about wanting reasons to spend my own money on a mobile game? I need help.
  • Options
    DaveAugust wrote: »
    It is a weird situation in the game of late, things like the phoenix for thrawn and then the little bonus nugget of bug fixing the wording for the flash event are just short term profit boosts, the lack of content sees long established, p2p players falling by the wayside on a more and more, regular basis, I am sure they have better market analysis than a fool like myself but I never really understand why you wouldn't at least tease new content to give people hope the game may eventually give you something to actually do again one day!
    I am a dolphin, or at least I think I am, since launch am defo in the £2000+ category but without new raids or proper content, I haven't spent a penny in 3-4 months, there is no need too, if i can rank high in arena and complete raids, there is no reason to open the wallet. Wait a sec, am I actually typing on a forum about wanting reasons to spend my own money on a mobile game? I need help.

Yeah thats what I don't understand too. Why haven't they teased anything last saturday? If they would have shown us thescreenshot that was leaked everyone (or most of us) would have gone crazy about that. Just a nice little info they are working on.

And I don't understand why it take them so long to do some new game content. Maybe they were surprised about how well this game was doing from the beginning and had no real plan what they should work on next.

I havent't spend as much as you @DaveAugust and last money I put into this game was early in May. But right now I am not buying any crystals until I know in which direction they are going.
  • Options
    @ShedaoShai Yes it does seem like the leaked screenshot has been poorly handled. I understand completely that it must be frustrating for someone to steal their thunder, its prob one of the most annoying things for a developer to have their baby shown off by someone else, I also understand it might not be at the right stage of completion for release but when the cat is out of the bag, why not just give us some hope we aren't just logging in everyday for new toons we have to wait months to get raid ready?
  • Options
    They are saving the new game mode for the GOH segment at e3, obviously profits have taken a dive recently so they are hoping on the showing at e3 to bring in new players, beginning of the fall guys :)

Also;
    I keep trying to stockpile gear, but always finding another toon I want to level up. Grrr.

If you are still gearing new toons to beat the rancor and you haven't already got a zader/Rex squad, then you are in no position to complain about spending precious gear on a waste of space like bistan lol
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    Options

Sup Hob? ;)
  • Options
    @SeeeD Oh no my cover is blown and I don't know who by! :smile:
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    They are saving the new game mode for the GOH segment at e3, obviously profits have taken a dive recently so they are hoping on the showing at e3 to bring in new players, beginning of the fall guys :)

Also;

If you are still gearing new toons to beat the rancor and you haven't already got a zader/Rex squad, then you are in no position to complain about spending precious gear on a waste of space like bistan lol

EA has done their E3 part or do you mean they'll show it at E3 2018?
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    Options
    @SeeeD Oh no my cover is blown and I don't know who by! :smile:

A hint: i'm gettin ready to be banned here, again
  • Options
    @SeeeD Are you german?!
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    Options
    Yap
  • Options
    @SeeeD do you think potency mods will help this situation?
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    Options
    @SeeeD do you think potency mods will help this situation?
    Potency is all we need xD
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Test
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The people who arent spending money until they see new content have the right mindset. Dont lose it. If you've played this game for a long time, definitely speak with your wallet here. The devs and admins known what we want, being more content.
  • Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »

Also;

Did I say I couldn't beat Rancor?
    Did I say I didn't have zVader or Rex?
    I was just saying I keep getting curious about new toons.
    Jeez, some people.

(and actually finding Bistan far from a waste of space in Rancor, his frenzy and his TM removal work great!)
  • Options
    I want ship battles like LS/DS/Cantina battles. Give us something to work towards.
  • Options
    The people who arent spending money until they see new content have the right mindset. Dont lose it. If you've played this game for a long time, definitely speak with your wallet here. The devs and admins known what we want, being more content.

This. And a lot of players are doing it. Not necessarily to make a point to EA but actually there is nothing to spend money on other than poor value gamble-packs or buying gear to store up for future use.