Disintegrations in Star Wars: who can do it?

Presumably there exists somewhere in the Star Wars universe a weapon that can disintegrate it's target. We can further assume that this weapon is small enough to be carried by a humanoid, since Vader was so adamant with Boba about it:
uIjRl0M.gif

Yet, we have never seen this fabled weapon in action. Does Boba really have such a weapon?

Replies

• J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    open-uri20150608-27674-glxqqr_a2d92030.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C597%2C900
    Shortly after the Battle of Hoth, Darth Vader desperately wanted to capture the fugitive Rebel craft, the Millennium Falcon. To that end, he hired a motley assortment of bounty hunters, including the legendary Fett. Vader specifically pointed out to Fett that the Falcon's passengers were to be taken alive. "No disintegrations," rumbled the Dark Lord, obviously familiar with Fett's reputation.
    Source: http://www.starwars.com/databank/boba-fett-biography-gallery - Picture 10/14
    This could either mean with some sort of detonator/hand-held weapon or with his ship during space chases.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well yeah, I know that part of the story. But I have never seen any character get disintegrated, either by Boba or by anybody else. So the question remains: does Boba really have a weapon that can disintegrate? Does anybody? Because I have not seen it.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    Options
    There is no official Star Wars media right now that specifically describes how he disintegrates people (that I know of), but if Darth Vader was "familiar with Fett's reputation" of disintegrations, he must do it pretty often. My money personally is on disintegrations by means of a ship mounted weapon, but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    I guess by his flamethrower
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Movie VI

Leia disguised as bounty hunter would've disintegrated everyone.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Rebels did an episode involving the smuggling/interception of a crate of t7 ion disruptor rifles. They are capable of atom by atom disintegration on organic targets, and were used in the near eradication of the Lasat race(Zeb's peeps).

Ghost crew destroyed them rather then pass them along to the rebels iirc.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    Options
    @DedrickRogue Very interesting! I didn't even think about those. That could very well be what Boba Fett used to use. The ban would also explain why Boba doesn't have one in Episodes V and VI. Here is the link to the Wookieepedia article if anyone is curious: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-7_ion_disruptor_rifle.
    "When used on an organic being, the victim was disintegrated atom by atom, resulting in a slow, painful death."
  • Options
    I knew there had to be a reason to watch SW Rebels. I have seen a few episodes now, but only from Season 3. How does one get a glimpse at Seasons 1 and 2?
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I knew there had to be a reason to watch SW Rebels. I have seen a few episodes now, but only from Season 3. How does one get a glimpse at Seasons 1 and 2?
    I recommend looking for a used Blu-Ray set or something. Buying the season digitally is a HUGE waste of money and is borderline fraud. They (Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, etc.) split season 2 into three sections, charge $7 for the first section and $20 for the next two sections. After you catch up, though, I would recommend just keeping up with the show on the Disney XD app as they put the episodes up as soon as they are released and there are very few ads. If you don't want to drop $60-90 on the Blu-Rays, you may just want to buy the season finales of each season (they are by far the best episodes) and just hold out for a Netflix/Hulu/Prime release.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options

Disney XD will likely air the 1st 3 seasons leading up to the 4th and final season.
  • Options

Netflix is cheaper than buying the seasons.
  • Options
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »

Netflix is cheaper than buying the seasons.

I have Netflix, it is not there.
  • Options
    Clone Wars is on Netflix, Rebels isn't.

I got them all on Bluray, but that's like $45. Well worth it IMO.

At this point I'd hold out till season 4 finishes, there will almost certainly be a box set released. I'd also be willing to wager that it'll hit Netflix 6months or so after Season 4 wraps up if you'd rather wait, but that's pure speculation.
  • Options
    "Disruptor" type rifles and pistols. Mandalorians used them quite a bit, which is likely why Boba is associated with disintegration.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Disruptor_rifle
  • Options
    Rebels did an episode involving the smuggling/interception of a crate of t7 ion disruptor rifles. They are capable of atom by atom disintegration on organic targets, and were used in the near eradication of the Lasat race(Zeb's peeps).

Ghost crew destroyed them rather then pass them along to the rebels iirc.

So basically they jumped universes and bought Romulan weapons.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    On topic, I was watching ANH, and the scene with Luke finding his Aunt and Uncle smoldering had me wondering if a "disruptor" weapon was used.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Well yeah, I know that part of the story. But I have never seen any character get disintegrated, either by Boba or by anybody else. So the question remains: does Boba really have a weapon that can disintegrate? Does anybody? Because I have not seen it.

I think if someone got hit head-on by the rocket on his back, they may get pretty disintegrated.