Few questions from old player returning to the game.

ThePenguin77
186 posts Member
edited June 2017
So I lost interest in the game few months ago, when Mods were introduced. Now I would like to return but many things have changed so I have few questions.

1. Which mods are good? Are they really must have?
2. I see a lot of new characters, from Rogue One, Rebels series and The Old Republic. Which ones are the best? Which others characters are meta now?
3. On what should I spend crystals on? I remember that buying Chromium Packs was a waste.
4. Should I focus on getting ships? Are the rewards good? And which ships are the best?
5. Which characters were nerfed and are no longer good? Here are my current best heroes:
5XEnGET.jpg

From what I remember, I was about to get rid of Darth Sidious and wanted to make Ewok Syntegy because they dealt ton of damage to Rancor. Is this still possible or was it patched? Is Rancor event still played? Because I was new raids coming up. Also, I wanted to replace Chewbacca with Han.

Waiting for your help. :D

P.S.
I'm level 77 if that matters.

Replies

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Dooku is good, qgj is good, bariss is good

St han, lando, wedge, biggs and one more scoundrel needed for credit heist

Pauper's Meta: rex needed, r2... work to get General Kenobi, baris, nihilus
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • JRS200x
    105 posts Member
    Options
    1. Yes mods are absolutely a must have. The best mods currently are 5 dot mods, and which type depends on which character you are putting them on.

2. Current "meta" is Rex(L), Baze, Chirrut, Darth Nihilus, General Kenobi

3. Crystals should be spend on energy refreshes, up to 3 normal energy and cantina a day.

4. There is inevitably something coming to use ships on, but currently there isn't much to do. That being said, the Fleet Arena currency is useful for buying Zetas (also essential now) and pieces of rare gear. Best ships, i dunno... I use Biggs, Vader, Tie Fighter Pilot, Boba Fett, Fives, Ahsoka, Genosian Soldier and Jedi Consular and regularly place in the top 10-50 range... I don't usually do all 5 of my attempts... usually do maybe 1-2.

5. I can't see the picture for some reason so I am skipping this question, the main one in my opinion though is Lando, at least at high level arena.
  • Options
    JRS200x wrote: »
    1. Yes mods are absolutely a must have. The best mods currently are 5 dot mods, and which type depends on which character you are putting them on.

2. Current "meta" is Rex(L), Baze, Chirrut, Darth Nihilus, General Kenobi

3. Crystals should be spend on energy refreshes, up to 3 normal energy and cantina a day.

4. There is inevitably something coming to use ships on, but currently there isn't much to do. That being said, the Fleet Arena currency is useful for buying Zetas (also essential now) and pieces of rare gear. Best ships, i dunno... I use Biggs, Vader, Tie Fighter Pilot, Boba Fett, Fives, Ahsoka, Genosian Soldier and Jedi Consular and regularly place in the top 10-50 range... I don't usually do all 5 of my attempts... usually do maybe 1-2.

5. I can't see the picture for some reason so I am skipping this question, the main one in my opinion though is Lando, at least at high level arena.

Thank you so much. As to the picture, maybe link will work? http://i.imgur.com/5XEnGET.jpg

• Options
    I left around the same time and returned some months back.

1. Mods are unfortunately essential. They do however now have a 100% drop rate. Only bother levelling those with a speed primary or secondary.
    2. The Meta right now is Chirrut, Baze, General Kenobi, R2, Darth Nihilus, Palpatine, Rex and Maul (but he's fading). You also need scoundrels for credit heists, ST Han and Lando are must haves.
    3. I've only just figured this out recently, but I reckon crystals are best spent on gear from shipments. Energy refreshes might be best for you until you reach max level.
    4. Yes you should, its a pain, but you will suffer later if you don't. You need them for zeta mats. Maybe a new raid down the line.
    5. From your current roster, I would definitely develop ST Han, Phasma, Lando, and Barriss.
  • Options

1. Mods are unfortunately essential. They do however now have a 100% drop rate. Only bother levelling those with a speed primary or secondary.
    2. The Meta right now is Chirrut, Baze, General Kenobi, R2, Darth Nihilus, Palpatine, Rex and Maul (but he's fading). You also need scoundrels for credit heists, ST Han and Lando are must haves.
    3. I've only just figured this out recently, but I reckon crystals are best spent on gear from shipments. Energy refreshes might be best for you until you reach max level.
    4. Yes you should, its a pain, but you will suffer later if you don't. You need them for zeta mats. Maybe a new raid down the line.
    5. From your current roster, I would definitely develop ST Han, Phasma, Lando, and Barriss.

Thank you. But what is this Credit Heist? Where can I find it?
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

Thank you. But what is this Credit Heist? Where can I find it?

Heh heh...It's randomly occurring every 6-12 days (but not on weekends). It shows up in events on the day it happens (but you may have to force restart). You need scoundrels to compete, and it awards credits. Usually 2.5 million per try on highest tier. for a total of 5. Although the amount varies.

And you absolutely need to go as far as ships to get zetas.

As someone said, you want five dot mods with speed secondaries, or a speed primary arrow.

You don't need a full Ewok team for the raid anymore, just Teebo, as you can use Jyn, Rex, Qui-Gon, TFP, Zader, etc.
  • JRS200x
    105 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Get scoundrels up and running... you already have 3, Lando, ST Han, Chewie... Get Boba and IG-88 to add to that so you can do Credit Heist... after that build your Arena team. The meta has been stated multiple times, but will be impossible for you to farm, so if I were you I might focus on getting a Resistance team up and running or Jedi.
  • Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Scoundrels are not just for Credit Heists. There's also the Training Droids Heist and Ability Mats Heists.

Regardless, you'll use the same team across all three. All 3 show up "randomly".
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.