Tarkin AoE any good to topple HAAT tank?

Hey, I am preparing my squad for HAAT - one of the teams is Zader, Zidious, Ewok Elder, Phasma (or R2) and one more...I still need more shards for Tusken Shaman, so I am thinking about using my Maul as the 5th to help with toppling the tank...However, since Tarkin got rework and can stack a lot of potency to power up his AoE, can he deal good damage after building up potency from previous topple or does he need too many turns in order to build up enough potency to deal good damage to the side cannons? Has anyone tried his AoE on HAAT?

If Tarkin's AoE can do good damage after 2-3 turns, i would gear him up...if not, i will just stick with Maul to help topple the tank...

Replies

• Obiobi
    32 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I don't have a screen shot, but I did 2m on HAAT p4 with VaderZ lead, Tarkin (no zeta on his AOE), DT (with zeta), Krennic, and Chirrut. I know that only says so much, but it quickly became apparent that Tarkin is viable in HAAT. For what it's worth, I can clear heroic Pit on auto with VaderZ, Jyn, Bistan, Rex, and Tarkin. I would say his damage is so-so, but his TM removal is on par with the rest of the toons used in both raids to remove TM.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Will topple tank if you charge it up enough he's better there for that maybe on 3rd or 4th topple his best attribute in my opinion is the crit down offense down against the tanks.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info...i guess i will just try Maul or Boba, and if i find it hard to survive I will maybe try Tarkin for that offense down and helping with every other or third topple...I just have to try and see how it goes...
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Boba works well with zVader because he can add DoT on his basic and has the execute, which will then respawn the DoTs. But I hardly ever use the AoE on the tank. Maybe if Boba was up and all the guns were almost 0. Don't forget that Boba also revives on his own, and can earn it back if he finishes off a side cannon.