Poor mans GK? zBarris on Rex led team

BigBoloney
22 posts Member
edited June 2017
I'm thinking of putting my next zeta on Barris.

Right now I'm running Rex (L), zNihilus, Chaze, and EP. EP is easily the weakest member of my arena team. I usually finish in the top 3 arena with this team.

I don't have GK yet. My guild is not strong enough to do HAAT yet.

I'm thinking of subbing EP with zBarris. How would zBarris work on this team? Rex (L), Nihilus, Chaze, and zBarris.

Would it be like a poor mans GK, where she could heal and make the team hard to kill, while buying time for annihilate to charge? Would this team also be a good team for GW, since zBarris would constantly heal?

Or would zR2D2 (znumberCrunch) work better?

Replies

• Options
    R2 works far better on that team. Zeta or not.
  • Options
    R2 indeed would be better in this team.
  • BigBoloney
    22 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You guys sold me on R2D2 over zBarris. Would R2D2 be more beneficial on this team than EP? The only thing EP is really good for on my arena team is the mass stun. He's fast enough to get one off, and then he's usually killed. But that mass stun is important.

In GW, would zR2D2 number crunch +10% max health result in a 10% heal at the beginning of each node? I'm not quite sure how number crunch works.

How effective is this R2D2 team in GW? Maybe I'll just zeta R2D2 for arena, and then zJynn next for my GW team. Today, I failed to clear GW for the first time in 5 months.
  • Tachycardia
    201 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Zbarris is actually better. Couple guys in my shard run it and it's hard to beat. You can't kill DN until barris dies but with the tm from Rex and cleanse heal from chirrut DN always gets off annihilate.

Numbers crunch will do nothing for your DN and gives mostly health to the rebels.

I run a zJyn, Chaze, Zcassian and r2z2 in arena. ZJyn really helps in GW with the protection gain.
  • Options
    I am still running a Zader squad because FTP, and while a proper triple cleanse is very hard for me to beat even with much worse mods, while I can take a team with Barriss subbed in and equal mods 10/10 times. I have execute, culling blade, and annihilate all on the same team, so not everyone will be able to do so many one shot kills from full health, but I still don't think she is anything close to as good as GK. R2 on the other hand I find to be a strong opponent on all teams, although still not quite as good as GK.
  • Options
    Hey op thought I would throw this out there. I am guessing we are in pretty similar guilds. Pretty good overall but not enough fire power to unlock gk. I have about 25 guys that are really good and consistent. Any chance you would consider merging guilds? Then that way we all would win....just a thought.
  • Options
    BigBoloney wrote: »

Right now I'm running Rex (L), zNihilus, Chaze, and EP. EP is easily the weakest member of my arena team. I usually finish in the top 3 arena with this team.

I'm thinking of subbing EP with zBarris. How would zBarris work on this team? Rex (L), Nihilus, Chaze, and zBarris.

Would it be like a poor mans GK, where she could heal and make the team hard to kill, while buying time for annihilate to charge? Would this team also be a good team for GW, since zBarris would constantly heal?

zR2 is far better. Also someone with 1 zeta upgrade SHOULD be able to join a hAAT guild...?
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    BigBoloney wrote: »

zR2 is far better. Also someone with 1 zeta upgrade SHOULD be able to join a hAAT guild...?

hehe, these days if you can produce 600 tickets a day you can join a HAAT guild.
  • Options
    Hey op thought I would throw this out there. I am guessing we are in pretty similar guilds. Pretty good overall but not enough fire power to unlock gk. I have about 25 guys that are really good and consistent. Any chance you would consider merging guilds? Then that way we all would win....just a thought.

I'd love to merge guilds, but our guild is full, and I'm not an officer. I don't have the authority.

I can't seem to find a HAAT guild. I'm still working on my HAAT squads. Personally, I'm not strong enough yet. My first zeta was on DN, so it wasn't a HAAT friendly zeta. But it was a good decision because it's allowed me to easily stay in top 3. Annihulate gets off every arena battle with the DN zeta.

• Options

I'm an officer in my guild and we're in a similar boat. Send me a pm and maybe we can start talking