Fracture doesn't count as a debuff?

JacenRoe
3016 posts Member
At least as far as Nihilus is concerned. When my Nihilus tried to increase the cooldown on a fractured enemy it didn't proc.

The hit definitely landed. It wasn't dodged. The fractured enemy did not have foresight. I watched it hit, and the damage numbers popped up, but no cooldown increase. It is supposed to be irresistible with a 100% chance to proc on debuffed enemies.

Working as intended?

Replies

• xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    Couldn't imagine that being WAI
  • Options
    we can only hope this is working as intended
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

A little help please. WAI?
  • Options
    I wonder if it doesn't count as a debuff the way that Hera's Backup Plan doesn't count as a buff as far as other abilities interacting with them (can't be dispelled, etc.).
  • Options
    I suppose that as Sabine's Armor Shred doesn't count as a debuff, and is also a unique one, Fracture doesn't count as a debuff, either. Just like Boba's Mandalorian smthg doesn't count as a buff.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Drain force probably looks for debuffs that can be dispelled, which Fracture isn't
    Edit: test it with Palpatine's leadership?
    Post edited by Allenb60 on
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah it might be that it's supposed to work like this. I'm happy with Thrawn either way. Just curious if this is intended.
  • Options
    I don't think it's a bug, it may work as sabine's armor shred
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    At least as far as Nihilus is concerned. When my Nihilus tried to increase the cooldown on a fractured enemy it didn't proc.

The hit definitely landed. It wasn't dodged. The fractured enemy did not have foresight. I watched it hit, and the damage numbers popped up, but no cooldown increase. It is supposed to be irresistible with a 100% chance to proc on debuffed enemies.

Working as intended?

Fracture is not a debuff. So it only had a 50% chance of increasing his cooldown.
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options
    WAI
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    J_Starseed wrote: »

Working as intended?

Fracture is not a debuff. So it only had a 50% chance of increasing his cooldown.

Do you know that for certain, or are you presenting your opinion as fact?

It is a negative status effect that is represented by a red icon over the enemy. Seems an awful lot like a debuff. But it's a unique debuff, and I'm fine with it behaving differently. Just curious if it was intended.

Unless you know somewhere that the devs said in print that it's not a debuff, and this is on purpose then they are really the only ones who could answer that definitively.
  • Options
    J_Starseed wrote: »

Working as intended?

Do you know that for certain, or are you presenting your opinion as fact?

It is a negative status effect that is represented by a red icon over the enemy. Seems an awful lot like a debuff. But it's a unique debuff, and I'm fine with it behaving differently. Just curious if it was intended.

Unless you know somewhere that the devs said in print that it's not a debuff, and this is on purpose then they are really the only ones who could answer that definitively.

Idk if a dev has commented about this, but BHR hasnt counted as a buff since Boba's rework so if fracture is supposed to behave the same way (both have locked icons) then it's WAI.
  • Options
    Nice find, would like to know if it's WAI.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    In other words the precedent seems to be that all locked buffs/debuffs don't count towards any ability that factors buffs/debuffs in its final effect? Makes sense. I guess we'll just have to assume they will all work that way since I haven't seen the devs say that's on purpose.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon

A little help please. WAI?
    I believe it is WAI because it acts in the same as bounty hunter's resolve. It appears as a buff(/debuff) but doesn't act like one at all.
  • Options
    guys the problem is that both deathtroopers terminate and nihilus drain force look for clearable_debuff tag
    whereas thrawns fracture is a debuff whereas not a clearable one
    so it is bugged a both those attacks should search for all debuffs present not just clearable ones
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Going to be funny to see how CG deals with this one considering people would be able to build teams to have debuffs that are locked so nihilus can abuse their new game mechanics if they follow through with it haha

Either way they're going to make some people mad with this one since it will be the difference in making nihilus go from OP to extremely OP hahaha
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Theophany wrote: »
    Going to be funny to see how CG deals with this one considering people would be able to build teams to have debuffs that are locked so nihilus can abuse their new game mechanics if they follow through with it haha

Either way they're going to make some people mad with this one since it will be the difference in making nihilus go from OP to extremely OP hahaha

Do tell how making Fracture a debuff (which I would argue it is) would make Nihilus "extremely OP"? I don't use Nihilus, but it seems to me making Fracture a debuff would be of small use to him. Fracture is just one more debuff among many.

When I fight teams with Nihilus, even zMaul teams that put lots of debuffs on me, I usually don't get any toon Annihilated, even when I leave Nihilus as the 2nd or 3rd target. Nihilus can be manipulated just like any other toon (ability blocked, TM reduced, stunned, etc.).
  • Options
    Sabine's isn't a debuff is it? So fair enough Thrawn's isn't either. Means Chirrut can't convert them and they can't be dispelled.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    Shuttling this up to QA to see what they can see
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    Shuttling this up to QA to see what they can see

Thanks a ton! I'm good either way. Just curious as to which way it's supposed to be.

Any comment on this terrible AI where Empire toons under Thrawn cleanse with no debuffs?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1135624#Comment_1135624
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    BeWary wrote: »
    Theophany wrote: »

Do tell how making Fracture a debuff (which I would argue it is) would make Nihilus "extremely OP"? I don't use Nihilus, but it seems to me making Fracture a debuff would be of small use to him. Fracture is just one more debuff among many.

When I fight teams with Nihilus, even zMaul teams that put lots of debuffs on me, I usually don't get any toon Annihilated, even when I leave Nihilus as the 2nd or 3rd target. Nihilus can be manipulated just like any other toon (ability blocked, TM reduced, stunned, etc.).

You can't cleanse a locked debuff that should say enough

And they'd also have to make it so BHR is a locked buff at that point so he can reap the benefits of different abilities other toons use.

It's just a path the game should not go down lol it just wouldn't work
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I was curious about this because is it marked as countable_special_debuff. All characters that look for debuffs to add to their action (not cleanse) currently look for either countable_debuff or incorrectly clearable_debuff.