Thrawn unlocked 7* (bare minimum)

AC_
82 posts Member
Here is where my Phoenix were at in order to unlock thrawn at 7* this was the bare minimum for me, hope this helps.

Ezra (gear 9 lvl 85)
Abilities at 7
Only Omega on unique
Mods: crit damage and crit chance with speed secondary

Sabine (gear 9 lvl 85)
Abilities at 7
Only omega on unique
Mods: speed set (+104)

Hera (gear 8 lvl 85)
Abilities at 6 and 7
Only omega on lead
Speed set (+83)

Kanan (gear 8 lvl 85)
Abilities at 6 and 7
Only omega on unique
Mods: best mods with protection primary and protection secondaries

Zeb (gear 8 lvl 85)
Abilities at 6 and 7
No omega
Mods: best mods left with speed secondary and protection

Kill order:
1)Death trooper
2)Death trooper
3)Taunter
4)Healer
5)Healer
6)Thrawn

You need to have good RNG with counters and Ezra removing the taunt early.

Again hope this helps anyone struggling with the event.

Replies

• Options
    Nicely done!

How many tries did it take?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Pumped! I will have my Phoenix team ready tomorrow so fingers crossed I'll have a 7* Thrawn under my pillow in 24h!!
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Nicely done!

How many tries did it take?

Once I put the omegas on Ezra, Sabine, Kanan uniques it took 3 attempts.

I tried initially just putting the omega on heras lead skill and it wasn't enough.
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Also the speed set on Hera wasn't the best for additional speed but it had a lot of added protection and health with the speed, that was extremely important as well to allow her to survive longer, I had issues with her dying to soon.
  • Optimus11
    254 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So you beat me to it. Now I will have to snipe you in arena as retaliation edit my smiley face keeps getting deleted. So just pretend it's here
    Post edited by Optimus11 on
  • cherno
    99 posts Member
    Options
    For those who may be struggling, this post helped me. I couldn't believe the difficulty disparity between the T6 and T6 and even the first 3 stages of the fight v the last stage. RNG plays a HUGE factor. I'd play one time through and wouldn't get a single toon killed, then I'd get to just thrawn making no changes. It mostly seemed to rely on whether or not I was able to counter attack at the start to get the Taunter down fast enough.

As in Arena, speed is the king here.

I ran Zeb (G10), Hera (G10), Sabine (G10), Kanan (G8), and Ezra (G8). My Chopper wasn't ready.

I focused on Getting Sabine and Ezra the fastest I could but keeping them in crit chance and crit dmg sets with CD primaries on triangle.

On Zeb I had a full line up of potency sets with effective health of 55k, 131 speed.
    Hera was full Health Sets with EH of 52k, 137 speed
    Sabine had speed and cc sets and wound up with EH 37K, 216 speed
    Kanan was 1 Health Set and 2 CC sets with EH of 40k, 104 speed
    Ezra was CC and CD sets, EH 24k, 212 speed.

I was having to rob mods from everyone in my roster so was just modding up one toon at a time and then testing to see how far I had to go, so that's why Zeb, Hera and Kanan aren't super well modded.

Hope this can help someone else.
  • vlad745
    181 posts Member
    Options
    from my guildmates i understand that omega on all uniques and hera leadership is kind of worth 2 tier gear bump. also best mods that you can spare and omegas u can unlock at g/8/9 toon mix with lvl 85 toons. i did not want to do any omegas, so had to go high gear level. so it is kind of proven concept.

Thrawn is in the game now lol anyway:

https://swgoh.gg/u/vladtheimpaler/
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Optimus11 wrote: »
    So you beat me to it. Now I will have to snipe you in arena as retaliation edit my smiley face keeps getting deleted. So just pretend it's here

Haha that's right!
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    Options
    cherno wrote: »
    For those who may be struggling, this post helped me. I couldn't believe the difficulty disparity between the T6 and T6 and even the first 3 stages of the fight v the last stage. RNG plays a HUGE factor. I'd play one time through and wouldn't get a single toon killed, then I'd get to just thrawn making no changes. It mostly seemed to rely on whether or not I was able to counter attack at the start to get the Taunter down fast enough.

As in Arena, speed is the king here.

I ran Zeb (G10), Hera (G10), Sabine (G10), Kanan (G8), and Ezra (G8). My Chopper wasn't ready.

I focused on Getting Sabine and Ezra the fastest I could but keeping them in crit chance and crit dmg sets with CD primaries on triangle.

On Zeb I had a full line up of potency sets with effective health of 55k, 131 speed.
    Hera was full Health Sets with EH of 52k, 137 speed
    Sabine had speed and cc sets and wound up with EH 37K, 216 speed
    Kanan was 1 Health Set and 2 CC sets with EH of 40k, 104 speed
    Ezra was CC and CD sets, EH 24k, 212 speed.

I was having to rob mods from everyone in my roster so was just modding up one toon at a time and then testing to see how far I had to go, so that's why Zeb, Hera and Kanan aren't super well modded.

Hope this can help someone else.

Glad to hear this helped, that was my intent when posting it, this event was driving me crazy and I wanted to help others out.
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    Options
    vlad745 wrote: »
    from my guildmates i understand that omega on all uniques and hera leadership is kind of worth 2 tier gear bump. also best mods that you can spare and omegas u can unlock at g/8/9 toon mix with lvl 85 toons. i did not want to do any omegas, so had to go high gear level. so it is kind of proven concept.

Thrawn is in the game now lol anyway:

https://swgoh.gg/u/vladtheimpaler/

Exactly, I didn't want to invest the omegas but I had no choice at the gear level my Phoenix were at, it was easier for me to use the omegas I had instead of trying to find the endless carbantis and stun guns needed for Phoenix.
  • cherno
    99 posts Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention I didn't have any of the omegas on.
  • WesTerallo
    90 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Has anyone been able to do it with chopper instead of Sabine? I just got them to 7* and making my attempts. It's going to be gear 8 zeb and gear 9 Hera, kanan, Ezra, and chopper.

Update: put some serious mods on them and made it

https://imgur.com/gallery/zn7ig

Ended up being gear 9 Hera and kanan and gear 8 Ezra zeb and chopper

Omega on heras lead and kanans unique and kanans taunt.
    Post edited by WesTerallo on
  • Options
    Many have done it without Chopper, Chopper is good in the event
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    After some struggles, I geared up a little more and re-worked the mods that I moved over to my Phoenix squad and I was able to get 7* Thrawn on the first try with the following revamped group....had 3 toons left when Thrawn was defeated on the last battle:

Ezra: G10, maxed Flourish, omega'ed his unique and other 2 abilities at level 6. Crit chance, tenacity and health sets with primary stats of health/speed/crit damage/protection....secondary stats focused on speed and crit chance

Sabine: G9, omega'ed her unique, other abilities at level 6. Crit chance and 2 health sets with primary stats of health/speed/crit damage/protection....secondary stats focused on crit chance and speed

Kanan: G9, omega'ed his unique, other abilities at level 6. Crit chance and 2 health sets with primary stats of protection/speed/protection/health...secondary stats focused on protection/tenacity/health/speed

Hera: G8, omega'ed her leader, other abilities at level 6. All health mods with primary stats of protection/speed/health/protection....secondary stats focused on speed/health/protection.

Zeb: G8, omega'ed his unique, other abilities at level 6. Potency and 2 health sets with primary stats of health/protection/protection/protection...secondary stats focused on speed/potency.

I did not use any of the mods from my arena team. I had one mode with a +9 secondary speed stat and all of the others had +6 or lower for secondary speed. So it can be done without any crazy good mods. Ezra had 184 speed and Sabine 178 speed.

Based on the above advice, I focused on getting those unique abilities omega'ed since they all share them through Hera's leader ability....this made a huge difference for me. My kill order was taunter, both DTs, other 2 Adds and then Thrawn. I used Hera's back-up plan, Zeb's honor guard, and Ezra's watch and learn to allow Kanan to handle all the incoming damage....combined with bumping him up to G9, he had good survivability. Getting Kanan's unique omega'ed was a big difference too as the increased team wide counter chance was a huge help on clearing enemies before Thrawn did too much damage. I didn't use much in the way of stuns from Zeb....used Sabine and Ezra on my assists to eliminate enemies quicker.

• Options
    The event is way easier if you use chopper instead of Sabine. Having 2 dispellers gets through the taunts easier so you can start killing death troopers.
  • Options
    Thanks it helps a lot I'm hoping that I can get to 6* thrawn I probably don't have enough time to get them all up to 7* I got distracted with R2 and CLS