Emperor's Demise event questions

I've neglected rebels since I started this game (January 2017) but that changed with the Thrawn event. I unlocked Thrawn at 5* with PS. Here's my questions about the upcoming EP event:

1. How often does this event repeat?
2. Is PS a viable rebel squad to lvl and gear for EP?
3. What gear and lvl can I scrape by with to unlock EP at 7*?

Replies

• Options
    1. Every other month.
    2. Nobody can tell, as nobody has used them for EP before.
    3. G8 Wiggs, G7 Leia, G6 Ackbar, G8 Lando with a couple of health mods was enough for me.
  • Options
    1) Event is every other month
    2) I'm sure they'd be fine at an appropriate level
    3) No clue, but I imagine gear 8 will be fine
  • Options
    BSwoody87 wrote: »
    2. Is PS a viable rebel squad to lvl and gear for EP?
    3. What gear and lvl can I scrape by with to unlock EP at 7*?
    Should be able to. They have cleanse, dispel, taunt, Tenacity Up, and even a resurrection. Plenty of tools that are useful for the Emperor event.

Characters level 65-70 and gear level 8 is probably about the bare minimum, since that's what it took to beat final tier of Emperor with older Rebel characters. Maybe have to make a bunch of attempts at the event in order to get good RNG and figure out the best times to use your defensive abilities (the more you fend off the shock debuff, the better your chance to win), but that doesn't cost anything except a little bit of time & patience.
  • CT5032
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Leveling up Phoenix seems a good idea for new players, they are all rebels so they would work for EP event and there are two Jedi so that would work for Yoda event. And by doing this you get two Empire characters that would help in Daring Droids event.
  • Options
    CT5032 wrote: »
    Leveling up Phoenix seems a good idea for new players, they are all rebels so they would work for EP event and there are two Jedi so that would work for Yoda event. And by doing this you get two Empire characters that would help in Daring Droids event.

Yeah that was my main thought process. PS can give me three legendary characters basically.