Astromechs???

We have been able to see the astromechs/hardware slot in ships since they came out. Any idea where they are or when they'd come? Also what do you think they would do?

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    They will be like the mods
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Definitely like ship mods, maybe only one mod per ship?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Definitely like ship mods, maybe only one mod per ship?

That's my guess, one per slot. Each faction seems to have a different type that will probably not be usable in different factions.

They may end up being more limited then mods, but also less to upgrade so I'm ok with that
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    Options
    If they are smart they'll do something cool instead making it just a mod.
    An idea I had was an actual character like R2 or chopper that when "modded" onto the ship gives it a new unique and new ability, it would add depth in a few ways, one upgrading that character increases ship power and such, and two it allows a little more freedom to mix around abilities on ships making them in a way custom!
  • Options
    With the addition of r2, do you think we'll see astromechs double as a toon or have them only be a "ship mod"
  • Options
    CameronD wrote: »
    An idea I had was an actual character like R2 or chopper that when "modded" onto the ship gives it a new unique and new ability, it would add depth in a few ways, one upgrading that character increases ship power and such, and two it allows a little more freedom to mix around abilities on ships making them in a way custom!

I think that's the way they should do it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CameronD wrote: »

Chopper is already a required toon on one ship, so that went out the window.

R2 will most likely be a required toon in JKL x-wing.

I hope they are different then mods but they will be similar in that they can be modified or have different stats that will effect the ship.... can't get too different then mods there.