How does Phoenix affect the cadence?

Kevez
148 posts Member
The devs said something like the Phoenix toons were released a month earlier than the cadence schedule. Will that month void be removed and push forward the release of Gar and ISC, or will there be a month of nothing while we wait to meet the original cadence schedule?

I was playing the omega battles and was tired of OHKOing all of the clones, so I used lvl1 Gar, lvl1 Magmatrooper, and 3* g2 lvl 60 Imperial Super Commando for tier 1 and had fun with it. I decided I like Gar and ISC so I hope their release is now pushed up.

As a small complaint about how Phoenix was released/how the flash event was handled, I would like to suggest that Sabine should have 100% drops on her hard node on Flash days. People would probably refresh that node once or twice ($$$) to get access to the bonus rewards and it would help to smooth over the EA Play "presentation" and Bonus Tier "fix".

Replies

• Options
    Two weeks early
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    J_Starseed wrote: »
    Two weeks early

This, but also a little more since they were released over a month long period and they were released at once.

They did this to push up the flash events and the thrawn release.

Yes they will most likely be in shard shop longer and then gar and imp will be released at their appropriate time.

We may see the new content come in this "void", and maybe they were still fixing this and that's why the pushed up phoenix and all associated content. Who knows, just speculation.
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    @J_Starseed @Kyno *two weeks* I was being lazy and didn't search the patch notes. I hope they move the cadence up to fill that void... I can't imagine too many people bought in to Gar and ISC so there is no reason- except that the old cadence existed- for those two to dwell in the chromium exclusive section. The only thing that might keep the devs from moving that release up is the Mandalorian Ship, but they have also set a precedent where new ships are waaaay more exclusive than new toons.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    The cadence has more to do with when moves are made in relation to when those characters were first introduced, not from when the last set of characters was moved. So there's no "void" to fill.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    True, but the new releases generally are pretty regular and seem to drive the cadence. I suppose there isn't technically a void since there is a firm spread of dates for each release, so two releases have no interaction. I just think the devs could easily push the next phase of Gar and ISC's cadence forward to when Phoenix was originally set to be released without "losing out" on any revenue.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    They also said that they didn't want to break the cadence for anything other than a very solid reason. I don't think "filling the void" is a strong enough reason for them to break cadence on GS and ISC.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    The cadence has more to do with when moves are made in relation to when those characters were first introduced, not from when the last set of characters was moved. So there's no "void" to fill.

This
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »

They did create more time between when toons become f2p, you can say there is no "void" ,but they did shift time from one gap to another making the second gap longer. Call it what you want but it's a valid point.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    My point was that there are always going to be these so-called "voids" because they don't perfectly stagger the initial release of characters. Trying to to artificially shorten this "void" because they released the Phoenix Squad a few weeks early is somewhat ridiculous and sets a bad precedent for them.
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I think there are two perspectives: that the cadence is the method of regularly adding new toons and ships and cycling older content to thee next phase (three phases: Intro/faction packs 1, Chromium packs 2, Farmable 3 - where Content A is introduced (A1)-> B1, A2 -> C1, B2, A3 -> D1, C2, B3) OR that the cadence is an exact timeframe assigned to each bit of content (where content A would drive itself through the 3 phases, not be pushed along by Content B).

At the end of the day I think you are right @Pyrefly that it is the second perspective, but I also don't think it is rediculous to ask if there is an overarching cadence or just a bunch of small cadences that have no relationship. I appreciate the response, but I still hope they move GS and ISC forward because they are bad at setting precedents anyways ;)