Smithie D! Help?

Prev1
I really like your vids and value your opinion. Was waiting for another live feed to ask but today I'm at a crossroads. I run empire in arena. Zader,ep,rg,tfp,and Zylo. I can get to lower 60s. That's it. Usually stay under 90. So I wanna try a whole new team as I have most of the building blocks.(f2p btw).
Zqgj, gk, jka, Yoda 1z, and r2 2z. My question is should I switch? Can I get to top 20 with the Jedi team? Should I use the zetas?

Zetas:69
Omegas:87
Cuffs:3 sets, 1 tag
Guns:2
Carb:543
Pleanty of the other stuff.

I'd really appreciate your input if you have time or see this.

Replies

• Options
    Just an AhnaldT fan passing through lol
  • Options
    Lol I watch him too. And mobile gamer.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I use that jedi team and it's awesome. Daily #2-4 in arena, with rng #1
  • Options
    really depends on gear levels and mods dude. if you have good mods and high level toons, you can make almost anything work. a max jedi team can beat any team, but they suck on defense.
  • Options
    I think I can mod them correctly if I move some stuff!
  • Options
    Lossberg wrote: »
    I use that jedi team and it's awesome. Daily #2-4 in arena, with rng #1

G11 ? How many zetas?
  • Options
    Lol I watch Smithie and Ahnald but prefer Smithie because he tends to speak the truth instead of just trying to hype up everything
  • Options

Just a McMole2 fan passing through lol
  • Options
    CryGonJinn wrote: »

Just a Warrior fan passing through
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

Totally possible.
  • Options
    Jedi are great, with zeta, but you need to work the right turn order as well as have good speed seconds. But Jedi are definitely capable of a top 5 finish...
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

Totally possible.

Killer mods! Thank you
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Team doesn't need 4 zeta, just on QGJ and R2's number crunch (imo):
    My profile and setup: https://swgoh.gg/u/tannjam/
    My channel with team in action: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOOqFy3sDhOmkfIPnY6QP6w
    (vs Triple Cleanse, Double Cleanse, zMaul, Mirror Team, and Rogue One Rebels)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    BigFish58 wrote: »
    So I wanna try a whole new team as I have most of the building blocks.(f2p btw).
    Zqgj, gk, jka, Yoda 1z, and r2 2z. My question is should I switch? Can I get to top 20 with the Jedi team? Should I use the zetas?

That team is much more competitive than your empire team and can bring you to top of the ranks (depending on gear and mods of course). I imagine, that you can't get past the zMaul teams with your empire team. The jedi team, however, can compete with those as well and will be a pain to beat.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Tannjam wrote: »

R2's second zeta works wonders in a light side team. It's a passive single—target cleanse.

• Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tannjam wrote: »

R2's second zeta works wonders in a light side team. It's a passive single—target cleanse.

I know what it is... i'm saying I don't feel it's worth 20 zeta mats. With foresight, Tenacity up, and the GK Team Cleanse, it's hard to land many debuffs on the team.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    Another smithie fan here :-)

OP - yes it's a much better team than you currently have. you should be able to beat most teams if not all on offence.The foresight you will have will be as annoying as zmaul's evasion!

I agree with tannjam that you only need number crunch on R2. Yoda gives tenacity up and half the time other teams won't be able to hit you!
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    So I wanna try a whole new team as I have most of the building blocks.(f2p btw).

That team is much more competitive than your empire team and can bring you to top of the ranks (depending on gear and mods of course). I imagine, that you can't get past the zMaul teams with your empire team. The jedi team, however, can compete with those as well and will be a pain to beat.

Exactly. It's not the stealth it's the evade!
  • Options
    Rapid wrote: »

OP - yes it's a much better team than you currently have. you should be able to beat most teams if not all on offence.The foresight you will have will be as annoying as zmaul's evasion!

I agree with tannjam that you only need number crunch on R2. Yoda gives tenacity up and half the time other teams won't be able to hit you!

Thanks!
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options

Thanks!

also you may want to consider getting ezra as a 2nd option for yoda. his offence with JKA is seriously good.
  • Options
    Mods bud....point blank...
  • Options

Thanks!

also you may want to consider getting ezra as a 2nd option for yoda. his offence with JKA is seriously good.

Good to know. Currently farming him
  • Options

Thank you
  • Options
    I ran this exact team for a while without the R2 zetas and could finish #1 on a 2015 shard. Just a few tips though:
    Replace Anakin with Ezra. Ezra does more damage, can provide bonuses to your team, has the same survivability and speed, and adds a second dispel. Ezra is just better than Anakin, UNLESS you're fighting a Zarris team that's trying to force a tie. In that case, sub in Anakin for his heal immunity, but for fighting triple cleanse teams and Zaul teams Ezra is better.
    Don't zeta R2 yet. Seriously, his cleanse zeta isn't really necessary and number crunch just isn't a very big difference. If you really need number crunch than you can zeta it, but generally speaking your speed secondaries determine who you can and can't beat, not an extra 3k protection.
  • Options
    I ran this exact team for a while without the R2 zetas and could finish #1 on a 2015 shard. Just a few tips though:
    Replace Anakin with Ezra. Ezra does more damage, can provide bonuses to your team, has the same survivability and speed, and adds a second dispel. Ezra is just better than Anakin, UNLESS you're fighting a Zarris team that's trying to force a tie. In that case, sub in Anakin for his heal immunity, but for fighting triple cleanse teams and Zaul teams Ezra is better.
    Don't zeta R2 yet. Seriously, his cleanse zeta isn't really necessary and number crunch just isn't a very big difference. If you really need number crunch than you can zeta it, but generally speaking your speed secondaries determine who you can and can't beat, not an extra 3k protection.

Thank you. Ezra seems legit. 63/85:(
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    @BigFish58

Hey buddy how you getting on?

Zeta Qgj for Jedi with Zeta R2 is a really good Zeta with GK. On the defense it wont hold but you will be able to climb with ease.

All Arena shards are different and have different levels of activeness. Alot of active shards will see a Zeta Qgj with R2 drop to 20-30 but on my shard triple cleasnes drop to about here too.

If your objective is to push for payout QGJ is your man but you will most likely need to do 5-10 arena battles daily for number 1

Ezra is a great audition, Yoda is not always needed.

Qgj
    R2
    Ezra
    GK
    Ani

This will beat most teams. Once you Zeta both R2 it will lower the needed requirement for Yoda vs some teams.

As your also Empire atm a great team is

Zader
    Sith Assassin
    Nihilus
    GK
    Thrawn
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My main problem with my jedi team is that if I don't outspeed sith assassin, I outright lose on the first turn vs. zMaul (entire sith team aoes, generally murdering at least 1 toon and sometimes 2 before you get a turn). And I need 5 more speed from somewhere for yoda to move before the fastest SA on my shard.

Other than that, they're awesome.
  • Options
    CryGonJinn wrote: »

Just a Warrior fan passing through

Also a Mobile Gamer fan passing through
  • Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    @BigFish58

Hey buddy how you getting on?

Zeta Qgj for Jedi with Zeta R2 is a really good Zeta with GK. On the defense it wont hold but you will be able to climb with ease.

All Arena shards are different and have different levels of activeness. Alot of active shards will see a Zeta Qgj with R2 drop to 20-30 but on my shard triple cleasnes drop to about here too.

If your objective is to push for payout QGJ is your man but you will most likely need to do 5-10 arena battles daily for number 1

Ezra is a great audition, Yoda is not always needed.

Qgj
    R2
    Ezra
    GK
    Ani

This will beat most teams. Once you Zeta both R2 it will lower the needed requirement for Yoda vs some teams.

As your also Empire atm a great team is

Zader
    Sith Assassin
    Nihilus
    GK
    Thrawn

Thanks! I'm gonna build jedi but still slowly get my empire up and running right too!