Have you unlocked/ Will you unlock Thrawn and how many stars will he have at the end of the event

danflorian1984
986 posts Member
edited June 2017
I didn't see a similar poll and with all the discussions regarding the availability of Thrawn for F2P players I was curious how many players will unlock him, at what no of stars, and how many will be F2P

Have you unlocked/ Will you unlock Thrawn and how many stars will he have at the end of the event 85 votes

I will have a 7* Thrawn
9%
ChooChoobaccaxReDeMpx6The6Bull6AmericanIndominable_JaliaknifeZabakWreakerOfClash 8 votes
Unlocked him at 6*
9%
SarcodinoSlevinBurgernimroad2Gaidal_CainSivPaxTake_a_BiteDrozsayBillcarson66 8 votes
Unlocked him at 6* as a F2P player
14%
Romao33aerendhilnickflappTooLOlddumperPaarthysnaxFahriusevoluzaMojo_1Bariodanflorian1984Illanous 12 votes
He is good enough at 5*
14%
slannalsGebuttersnapsJaminSpaceCowhawkSamDSCasiHalbaradRiffinatorTyraelDedrickRogueTuscMTaikun_HexagoneOmega 12 votes
It's hard being F2P but I managed to score a 5* Thrawn
31%
Obi1_master1Zombie961KyleKatarnOuchiedvdcisnerosevanbiojaystarkillerDark_Helmet152JasFonzAbrekVMoschopsGA_PhoenixHuatimusArwenaraCameronDAlzaCiiidrMc_IavellSadSpartansJay_1997_C 27 votes
I hate Phoenix Squad!
16%
RogerMoore_007Au5t1ngrotesque_ahDr_CrazyfistsArkhamC1pher_FiveSilverJedaiiBoreasKyJoe_CoolRandyMarshSharkMilkkAdmiral_Wh1skersWheelbarrowServerus 14 votes
Bonus option: I had lots of resources hoarded so I managed to unlock him at 7* F2P
4%
PlatzmanLossbergWeiDathca 4 votes

Replies

  • Platzman
    282 posts Member
    Bonus option: I had lots of resources hoarded so I managed to unlock him at 7* F2P
    At least I hope... I seem to be on track to unlock during last hours of the event.
  • Platzman
    282 posts Member
    Bonus option: I had lots of resources hoarded so I managed to unlock him at 7* F2P
    At least I hope... I seem to be on track to unlock during last hours of the event.
  • Unlocked him at 6* as a F2P player
    I voted 6* but I am only sure that I will have the shards for my PS, hopefully g7-8 will also be enough.
  • It's hard being F2P but I managed to score a 5* Thrawn
    At first I thought I would have to unlock Thrawn the second time around, but RNG smiled upon me and low and behold, 5* Thrawn with a few days to spare
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    It's hard being F2P but I managed to score a 5* Thrawn
    I put a lot of resources into starring up the characters I could so I could unlock thrawn. I can start gearing him if he really turns out to be important, and 7* him eventually. I'll likely get Chopper, Kanan, and Zeb to 7* early as they are easy to do so. Hera and Ez will be a bit, as cantina energy is needed elsewhere. Sabine depends on the RNG of guild store from here out.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    I hate Phoenix Squad!
    I hate Phoenix and Smurf, won't do anything with them, well if they are the last characters remaining, I may only farm them then, just to complete the game collection.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    I hate Phoenix Squad!
    I'm slowly warming up to Phoenix Squad.

    Still don't see any need to unlock Thrawn--also the first legendary character I have no desire to unlock. I have enough characters to level and gear as it is, he doesn't add anything integral IMO, and I didn't know who he was until he was added to this game.

    Stylistically, I don't even think he fits into the Star Wars storyline. In all the movies, members of the empire are human, and the implication is that the Empire is a racist regime. Adding an alien imperial pilot or something? Sure, that could happen. An alien admiral? No. Just no.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • I hate Phoenix Squad!
    I can't. I really dislike the Phoenix team and I couldn't get enough them to 5 star, not to mention gear them well enough for this event. I beat Tier IV so in a (long) while I will get them all to 5* ang Gear 8 just to unlock him.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Unlocked at 5*. Worked and spent and got Phoenix to 6*, but I can't beat Thrawn at 6*. Need better than gear 8, but I haven't been able to get an entire team geared in such a short amount of time.
  • I will have a 7* Thrawn
    Whoops....should've read through all the options. This would be the most accurate one: "Bonus option: I had lots of resources hoarded so I managed to unlock him at 7* F2P"
  • I hate Phoenix Squad!
    Couldn't farm Kanan, Zeb, Sabine and Chopper to 5 stars.
    Dang it
  • I hate Phoenix Squad!
    Phoenix squad looks pretty weak. I am F2P and a level 84 player. I have all of them at either 2* or 3* and plan on leaving them that way. They are some of my weakest characters. I probably won't get Thrawn and am fine with it. I'm going to get a 7* Yoda and 7* Palp and at least going to get a 5* R2 but am trying for a 7*. Those are the events that matter to me since I've already developed very decent squads with them. (Rebels for the Palp event, Jedi for the Yoda event, and Empire for the R2 event.) Unless I get to a point on the game where I have superfluous resources to be able to make them a solid squad or they make farming them more readily available and easier then I just don't see it. :neutral:
  • Unlocked him at 6*
    Arkham wrote: »
    I'm slowly warming up to Phoenix Squad.

    Still don't see any need to unlock Thrawn--also the first legendary character I have no desire to unlock. I have enough characters to level and gear as it is, he doesn't add anything integral IMO, and I didn't know who he was until he was added to this game.

    Stylistically, I don't even think he fits into the Star Wars storyline. In all the movies, members of the empire are human, and the implication is that the Empire is a racist regime. Adding an alien imperial pilot or something? Sure, that could happen. An alien admiral? No. Just no.

    The fact that the Empire allowed Thrawn into their regime should tell you something about how brilliant and badash he really was.
  • Unlocked him at 6*
    I really like the Phoenix squad. They are fun to play. They could do more damage. It would be nice.
  • It's hard being F2P but I managed to score a 5* Thrawn
    I think I could have gotten him at 6*, but I didn't want to spend the crystals. Need him to be at 7* to use for raids and that was out of reach for me.
  • Unlocked him at 6* as a F2P player
    I voted 6* but I am only sure that I will have the shards for my PS, hopefully g7-8 will also be enough.

    Haha good luck :D
    Put a bunch of arena mods on them. After tier 5 I thought 6 will be a pancake.. it wasn't.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • He is good enough at 5*
    5* was really easy as FTP with good arena ranks. 6* would have been possible, but I would have put so many gear on Phoenix that I rather save for Kenobi and the difference between 5* and 6* is not that big. So 5* was enough. Eventually I might use him in Arena, but I am lacking so many Carbantis it will take a while.
  • evoluza
    1382 posts Member
    Unlocked him at 6* as a F2P player
    6* thrawn with only ezra G8 the rest G7 and no Sabine. Mods mostly protection.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Unlocked him at 6* as a F2P player
    evoluza wrote: »
    6* thrawn with only ezra G8 the rest G7 and no Sabine. Mods mostly protection.

    That is what I am going to try in a few hours when I will get Chopper to 6*. You used your arena/ raid mods? And at how many dots?
    Also did you omegaed their abilities?
  • evoluza
    1382 posts Member
    Unlocked him at 6* as a F2P player
    Speed on Hera 200, sec 1500+ prtection on kanan, zeb and chopper, full dmg and speed on Ezra. Omega on ezra, zeb unique, hera L.
    evoluza wrote: »
    6* thrawn with only ezra G8 the rest G7 and no Sabine. Mods mostly protection.

    That is what I am going to try in a few hours when I will get Chopper to 6*. You used your arena/ raid mods? And at how many dots?
    Also did you omegaed their abilities?

  • Unlocked him at 6* as a F2P player
    evoluza wrote: »
    Speed on Hera 200, sec 1500+ prtection on kanan, zeb and chopper, full dmg and speed on Ezra. Omega on ezra, zeb unique, hera L.
    evoluza wrote: »
    6* thrawn with only ezra G8 the rest G7 and no Sabine. Mods mostly protection.

    That is what I am going to try in a few hours when I will get Chopper to 6*. You used your arena/ raid mods? And at how many dots?
    Also did you omegaed their abilities?

    Thanks
  • SivPax
    38 posts Member
    Unlocked him at 6*
    I unlocked 6* a few days ago and I'm very close to a 7* Thrawn if I buy packs (which I was going to do until I saw they changed our 1 week of double drops into 3 days as a money grab). Now, I'm content with my 6* Thrawn
  • Unlocked him at 6* as a F2P player
    Well after almost 8 hours I managed to finally get him to 6* using a L74 team with all g8 minus Chopper who was g7 and some mods off my raid teams.
  • He is good enough at 5*
    Unlocked him at 5* as mostly TFP within the 1st 10 minutes event opened. I could have spent a few thousand crystals, all my store currency(7* DN just ate up most of my stockpiles), and pulled a 6*(only Ezra short with an hour left), but why bother? There's not enough difference in supports to stress it, and he still couldn't raid.

    Even at 5* g10 non-zeta he's still got such a fun kit, and makes all but the speediest of Chaze teams a breeze. In a few months when the event rolls around again I'll have Phoenix starred up, and Thrawn will be already maxed just waiting to hop into p3.
  • Cowhawk
    38 posts Member
    He is good enough at 5*
    Spent 800k ally points to get enough shard shop currency to get a 5* sabine,

    got thrawn about 2hours before the end of the event.
    yet to gear him, but he seems solid from seeing gameplay of him.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1255 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I hate Phoenix Squad!
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Phoenix squad looks pretty weak. I am F2P and a level 84 player. I have all of them at either 2* or 3* and plan on leaving them that way. They are some of my weakest characters. I probably won't get Thrawn and am fine with it. I'm going to get a 7* Yoda and 7* Palp and at least going to get a 5* R2 but am trying for a 7*. Those are the events that matter to me since I've already developed very decent squads with them. (Rebels for the Palp event, Jedi for the Yoda event, and Empire for the R2 event.) Unless I get to a point on the game where I have superfluous resources to be able to make them a solid squad or they make farming them more readily available and easier then I just don't see it. :neutral:

    I've changed my mind. I'm going to start farming them. I already have somewhat of a start no matter how little it is. Lol. I really want to get all the event characters. So getting Thrawn isn't just because I want him badly, it's because he'll be a trophy along with palp, yoda, and r2d2. Lol. My resources are a little bit better now than they were before. So I've got a little room on my swgoh "budget" to be able to afford them. Wish me luck! Lol ;)
  • Unlocked him at 6* as a F2P player
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Phoenix squad looks pretty weak. I am F2P and a level 84 player. I have all of them at either 2* or 3* and plan on leaving them that way. They are some of my weakest characters. I probably won't get Thrawn and am fine with it. I'm going to get a 7* Yoda and 7* Palp and at least going to get a 5* R2 but am trying for a 7*. Those are the events that matter to me since I've already developed very decent squads with them. (Rebels for the Palp event, Jedi for the Yoda event, and Empire for the R2 event.) Unless I get to a point on the game where I have superfluous resources to be able to make them a solid squad or they make farming them more readily available and easier then I just don't see it. :neutral:

    I've changed my mind. I'm going to start farming them. I already have somewhat of a start no matter how little it is. Lol. I really want to get all the event characters. So getting Thrawn isn't just because I want him badly, it's because he'll be a trophy along with palp, yoda, and r2d2. Lol. My resources are a little bit better now than they were before. So I've got a little room on my swgoh "budget" to be able to afford them. Wish me luck! Lol ;)

    I also farmed them, have the shards to make them all 7* minus Sabine, she still need about 130 shards for 7*. They are good in GW and as a new player I can't afford to ignore toons in which I invested as much, I will try them in HAAT and at least to unlock Shore and Krennic nodes, if not 3* them.
Sign In or Register to comment.