arena ideas

i hope this remains in the general discussion so it gets views and responses.

we NEED to do something about arena. my best idea is to replace it with some other game mode. i'm just not that competitive. but my other idea is from you guys yourselves of payout being based on the best rank you achieved that day.

arena has long been stale and boring with everyone using the same 5 toons. once in a while i manage to climb out of some of the teams but i fall right back into it.

i'm honestly not sure how this game in general is staying afloat when all it does is promote rebels. i can't believe the majority of the players favor rebels. there has to be enough players interested in other factions to be tired of this rebel garbage.

Replies

• Options
    All it does is promote rebels? Sith had the strongest meta to date.

Right now Rex is the #1 leader in the game.

Darth Nihilus is the most used toon on #1 teams.

GK is the 2nd most used toon on #1 teams.

You need to study this game more to compete.
  • Options
    All it does is promote rebels? Sith had the strongest meta to date.

Right now Rex is the #1 leader in the game.

Darth Nihilus is the most used toon on #1 teams.

GK is the 2nd most used toon on #1 teams.

You need to study this game more to compete.

Sith had the strongest meta? No. They had a strong, but strongest is too much
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The idea of "highest rank" at any time of day, means more people get #1 rewards. This doesn't promote competition as anyone can take one for a minute and get th same rewards as someone they may not be able to beat. While yes this may happen now to some extent, this would just expand it.

A compromise to this could be, best 2 out of 3.

Every hour becomes a universal payout time. The 3 highest ranked hours are your payout.
    - 2/3 the same you get that payout.
    - if none match, you get the rounded down average of the 3.(or up, their choice)
    Possible changes
    - increase number of free battles, but lower reward by 50.
    - introduce a live scheduled pvp for tie breakers, if they want. (Not sure this is possible at all just like the idea)

Overall this should keep the number of 1st places the same or lower then it is currently. I don't think any shard has 1 player from every timezone, and none of them have a player taking 1st every hour.

This will probably increase rewards at the payouts of 20 and higher, but that shouldn't break the bank.

It keeps the competitiveness of having a time to complete the objectives but allows people to make a schedule that fits them.

Could in someway reduce the need for sniping as it's a little more flexible.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Make bonuses for using different factions.
    Every week we change shards will help with collusion and keep it fresh.
    Everyday we get a one time bonus, say +5% speed for one toon for one match.
    Or -5% speed on an opponents toon for one match.
    Make arena matches a little longer and have a 3 toon reserve like ships.
    Just a few off the top of my head.

• BoxandthefuzzForever
    145 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The problem with arena is the atrocious AI. If they can't fix the AI then defense should get a 20% stat boost across the board.

I'm really starting to get frustrated with some of the teams that are able to win. 4* g10 toons with inferior mods should not be able to beat maxed out teams with far superior mods. It's frigging ridiculous. When will the easy button get removed and this game become challenging again?
  • Options
    The problem with arena is the atrocious AI. If they can't fix the AI then defense should get a 20% stat boost across the board.

I'm really starting to get frustrated with some of the teams that are able to win. 4* g10 toons with inferior mods should not be able to beat maxed out teams with far superior mods. It's frigging ridiculous. When will the easy button get removed and this game become challenging again?

this is an excellent point. the AI is terrible. teams i beat when i'm on offense i loose to on defense.

really the sith are the strongest?? my team is EP lead vader RG dooku and shore. before shore i had maul in there yet i struggle to stay in the top 200 because of all the rebel teams. yep that's a clear indicator sith are the strongest. LMFAO.

whoever made the point about competition must have missed the part i said about me not being competitive. even though i'm complaining about arena i could really care less about it. i'm just suggesting changes that might make me give a hoot about it. if it weren't part of the daily activities i probably wouldn't set foot in the arena. there's nothing i'm getting out of it.
  • Options