Zid under DN lead question

Glorfindel
17 posts Member
edited June 2017
If you zeta sidious' unique under a DN lead, does his potency % increase his max health before or after the protection gets applied as his new max health?

Replies

• gseth
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Dont use sid under DN lead, Dooku is a better choice. I tried it, i did not find any difference with or without zeta under DN lead. I may be wrong. But under him I was getting crushed in arena. I use Sid mostly for Rancor raid to solo it.

My Current team under DN lead is ST, SA, Palpatine and Vader. Palpatine can be replaced with dooku, its very hard to kill Dooku un DN lead.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I run zSid under DN lead. I'm really not sure how to confirm this though. He certainly has more health under DN, but not sure on the numbers. If you can correct my ignorance on how to confirm, I'll be happy to take a look.
  • Options
    Interesting. I know some people use EP's let the hate flow health recovery special and look at the character in question to see how much damage he takes, then multiply by 20 to calculate max health.
  • Options
    gseth wrote: »
    Dont use sid under DN lead, Dooku is a better choice. I tried it, i did not find any difference with or without zeta under DN lead. I may be wrong. But under him I was getting crushed in arena. I use Sid mostly for Rancor raid to solo it.

My Current team under DN lead is ST, SA, Palpatine and Vader. Palpatine can be replaced with dooku, its very hard to kill Dooku un DN lead.

Ya dooku has been annoying to beat under DN. I just wish his zeta didn't require crits to recover protection.
  • Options
    What disappointed me was Zid doesn't regain 50% health when you kill an enemy. As this is his unique rather than a healing effect I expected it to work. I didn't zeta him with the intention of using him in my DN team but I tried him for curiosity. You are much better with Dooku even without his zeta he is a real menace.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks.
  • diangelo
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku doesn't require critical hit to regain protection. he regains 10% protection when he counter attacks. (which doesn't do anything under a DN lead...well i mean it does do 15% more damage...which does mean 15% more health steal.)

Question for anyone that has him Zeta's and not under a DN lead...if you counter attack twice (because his basic has a chance to go again.) do you recover 20% protection? (10% + 10%)

• Options
    Oh you're right, I was just looking at his zeta again. I think I was remembering writing him out of a zarriss team because of the critical hit immunity.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    What disappointed me was Zid doesn't regain 50% health when you kill an enemy. As this is his unique rather than a healing effect I expected it to work. I didn't zeta him with the intention of using him in my DN team but I tried him for curiosity. You are much better with Dooku even without his zeta he is a real menace.

I knew this part of his unique wouldn't work. He does still gain the 50% TM on a death (note, it's even on ALLIES death), so he does still have some benefit. But I zetad Sid for a zVader team. I don't have Dooku, so zSid was just another sith who could benefit from the DN lead. The expose is also helpful as it allows more health steal due to dealing more damage. And the AoE dots (while you don't get the crit bonus) is good for setting up drain force. He's not a perfect addition, but far from a useless one.
    Also, I will hopefully remember to use the EP trick tomorrow in GW and report. I've gone through my GW nodes for the day, and don't really want to sacrifice the turn in Arena to test it out.
    Post edited by evanbio on
  • Options
    Cool thanks.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    gseth wrote: »

I use both under DN lead, both very fast, they trigger SiT's taunt and ret. right at the start. Zid can deal a lot of damage ignoring the defense, AoE debuffs are very useful for DN, expose with SiT ignoring prot. helps Zavage Overpower easily. With additional health he is tanky, can heal so fast, gains TM whenever a character dies. I find both very useful under DN lead.
  • Options
    Thanks Boreas, that's helpful advice. To clarify, you run DN SiT Zid Zavage Zooku?
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Glorfindel wrote: »
    Thanks Boreas, that's helpful advice. To clarify, you run DN SiT Zid Zavage Zooku?

Dooku is not Zeta'd, the rest is as you say :)
  • Options
    Boreas wrote: »

Why no SA? Just out of curiousity.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Boreas wrote: »

Why no SA? Just out of curiousity.

Did not invest in her from the start, I had to choose 2 of 3 at shard shop so I went along with DN and Sith Trooper, SAss sits there 4* gear 8, I know she is useful, especially under Zaul, she goes first and whole team follows, but Dooku and Sid both have higher base speed, so under DN I'm fine with them :)
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    1673 damage to zSid in GW when I used "Let the Hate Flow". So 33460 max health (1673/.05)
    zSids stats: 13129 health, 12960 protection, 6.18% Potency.
    That math didn't seem to work. SO, without mods:
    11373 health, 10727 protection, 0% potency (50% from his zeta).
    NOW we are close. 11373+10727=22100*1.5=33150 To me, it looks like the potency benefit is added after the protection is converted to health. Others can double check my math.
  • Options
    Makes sense that it would be before mods. That's super helpful, thanks!
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    NP. I usually don't do that much math for a game that early. I may have to do this for my speed mods/order on arena team next. :s