R2 or K2 with Rogue 1 team?

So, my not quite arena ready Rogue 1 team is coming along nicely but I'm hesitant to invest in gearing up K-2SO anymore because I think I'd be better off using R2-D2. Right now my team consists of
ZJyn (L) 6* G10
Cassian 7* G10
Baze 5* G10
Chirrut 5* G10
K-2SO 7* G8

My R2 is 7* G7 currently.

I know R2 probably has more upside, especially with two zeta opportunities but K2 works so great under Jyn's zeta leadership. Every time he gains taunt (all the time) he gains protection.

I love the synergy aspect but if R2-D2 is really that much of a difference maker, maybe I should gear him up.

Any advice is welcomed.

Replies

• mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Options
    R2 all day every day. K2 is only good if you need a taunter. R2 makes everyone better
  • Matheas
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Until you have Number Crunch zeta, use K2. He's much better than people describe him. His taunt is useful, since Baze could get instantly dispeled and shocked/BI'd
    This deal is getting worse all the time!
  • Options
    Matheas wrote: »
    Until you have Number Crunch zeta, use K2. He's much better than people describe him. His taunt is useful, since Baze could get instantly dispeled and shocked/BI'd

This is probably going to be my plan until I gear up and zeta R2. Even at gear 8, K2 is a great tank.
  • Matheas
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Actually you might need to switch between the two, depending on the enemy you're facing
    This deal is getting worse all the time!
  • Options
    R2 can be a liability for an r1 team. Both jyn and Cassian can get back to back turns which means they don't stay stealthed very long. I found with R2 in the team Cassian or jyn got killed off quickly because they are just sitting out there getting hit while everyone else is still stealthed. I have since put in ATF and the team plays much better.
  • Options
    Interesting points.