Who is running out of Training Droids?

Prev1
StarSon
7441 posts Member
edited June 2023
More specifically, how are so many people so low on training droids that CG feels the need to schedule Droid Smuggling on a regular basis? Is this really an issue for a lot of people?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Who cares, i rather have an excess than the possibility of running out.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    New players struggle with training droids the way vets struggle with credits.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Sure, but I feel the same about credits. Why not have regularly scheduled Credit Heist for a month instead?
    New players struggle with training droids the way vets struggle with credits.

Do they? It's been so long... but fair enough if they do.
  • Options
    I am down to my last 20k.
  • Options
    I'm short on the ones we get from the droid heists :)

Have thousands of 1*/2* ones though.
  • Options
    Have around 75k no need for more
  • Options
    the only way to run out of training droids is to buy TONS of credit mega pack.
    which means, you are a whale, which means, you have no problem with buying also training droid mega pack.

so whats the problem ? the ratio of training droids is balanced compared to credits (which needed for other things as well) and most of the people simply can't finish training droids without absurd amount of credits. balanced af.

i need a lot lot lot of credits to even start think about running out of training droids, i think i can get like 5 toons from 1 to 85 wiht what i have.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    More specifically, how are so many people so low on training droids that CG feels the need to schedule Droid Smuggling on a regular basis? Is this really an issue for a lot of people?

I'm no where near close to running out. However, the tiny amount of useable salvage makes it okay for me. Last one, I got 7 mk6 hypo syringe salvage.
  • DaFunk
    72 posts Member
    Options
    I run an alt account, and I can hand on heart say I haven't had a problem with running out of training droids so far. So it isn't for the new players. Perhaps it is for the players that have been playing for 6 months or so and just hit 85 and when new content comes out they need the training droids for new characters.

But....I'm just making excuses for EA/CG, in reality you didn't need to schedule in training droid heist, that's just odd.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    I have enough training droids to level 9 toons from 1 to 85. With ships it is the same, enough droids for 8 ships to level from 1 to 85. But in my first 3-4 months I was short quite often because I acquired lots of toons from several events and shard drops and did not yet know which of them to leave untouched (Poggle, JKG, Luke, Talia ...).
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    To be clear, I have no problem with a scheduled Droid Smuggling, I just don't understand why they keep scheduling that when it seems no one needs them, but won't schedule Credit Heist when so many need credits.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    To be clear, I have no problem with a scheduled Droid Smuggling, I just don't understand why they keep scheduling that when it seems no one needs them, but won't schedule Credit Heist when so many need credits.

We play their game, they play us.
  • Options
    Training droids are only a problem on the begginig, relax because soon u will have so many TD that you will not play one single match of this training droids event
  • Options
    I need both but credits would be nicer cause it costs a million credits to promote a seven star and a lot to improve mods
  • Options
    I'm constantly running out, please keep it
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    I remember up to level 75 or so I always ran out of training droids. so it's fair enough.

now days I've spent so many credits on mods I don't think i'll ever run out of droids.
  • Options
    Darknessie wrote: »
    I am down to my last 20k.

First Order problems. :D
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

+1
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    I remember while leveling up, there was often a balance between training droids and credits. But really, the balance was much more often tilted towards needing much more credits than droids.

I don't need another excess of training droids, I already have far more than 10mil of credits will handle. Maybe next month they'll do the same thing but with credits
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I'm real close. I was down to about a million credits-worth of droids after Monday's credit heist and doing two Galactic Wars on Tuesday. After yesterday's heist I've got about 6 million credits-worth of droids.

I don't buy credit packs. So I don't know where the whole "only whales run out of droids" schtick comes from, but it's wrong.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    i got thousand of droids and less than 10k credits, frankly i belive the average player, casual or whatever you want to call us that cannot get specialized squads for every little event is limited by credits and credits alone in this game so seeing droid events in the near future is just another reason not to care that much.
  • nskowyra
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Like anything else in this game, if you focus too much on one aspect you will run out of resources. Clearly droids aren't an issue for most play styles
  • Options
    I have enough training droids to level 22 toons 1-85:

52412 T1's
    60901 T2's
    8760 T3's
    742 T4's
    373 T5's
    49 T6's
    9 T7's

Sadly, I would need 14 ten million credit rewards from credit heist to achieve that, but more likely 56 2.5 million credit heist rewards.

So hopefully I'll get some luck over the next year so I can level those characters up.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    I have droids for about 17 toons after I levelled 5 Phoenix and thrawn to 85 not willing for them to be a problem to me, so hopefully it won't change
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I have almost 100k - with over 1500 6* and 150+ 7*. I'm fin, but never have an issue with stockpiling. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, I just use the events to stockpile even more freebie gear and training droids. Boba autos through it.
  • Options
    Let's just say that I'm well-prepared for the next level cap raise, if such a thing were ever to happen.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Most likely the situation is this:

OMG we got some really cool stuff coming out... lets put it out as "Redacted!" yeah that'd be cool, so if we can't get it in time they wont say "August"

Ok, its coming along well, this is going great...

Oh ... yeah, so not so great things are delayed. Um, yeah, so.. Training Droids?

Yeah that'll work! At least they can complain about that and not August!

lulz

not a fan of no communication, not liking the way this is handled, but devils advocate.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

OMG we got some really cool stuff coming out... lets put it out as "Redacted!" yeah that'd be cool, so if we can't get it in time they wont say "August"

Oh ... yeah, so not so great things are delayed. Um, yeah, so.. Training Droids?

lulz

not a fan of no communication, not liking the way this is handled, but devils advocate.

While i agree on the lack of communication, I'm not sure what this has to do with droid smuggling? It's on the same 6 to 12 day rotation as credit heist.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Bhaalor wrote: »

lulz

While i agree on the lack of communication, I'm not sure what this has to do with droid smuggling? It's on the same 6 to 12 day rotation as credit heist.

On the calendar there were a few days that just said "Redacted" No information, leading people to believe it was something cool. Yesterday it was revealed that they are set days for Droid Smuggling events.
This discussion has been closed.