Need help fine tuning my arena team...

I've been getting the number 1 spot for a few months now after using zaul and then moving to nihilus. My problem is that I have another guy to compete with at payout time, so it comes down to a snipe fest. I need tips on snipes and counters, but the gist of my problem is survivability. He's taken out my team in 90 seconds I think. I've done him in 80 with a little time wasted.

My team is all g11, 85, and 5 star modded.

Nihilus double zeta modded for speed (206)
Zavage modded for offense and speed using speed mods (186)
Dooku modded for speed (261)
Sith assassin modded for speed (254)
Sith trooper modded for health and protection with offense secondaries (154 speed)

He's got a run of the mill zaul team with zavage and nihilus.

We're always going at it with 7 minutes to go and then wait out the 5 min to give each other about 2 min, maybe 90 seconds. Who can I add or drop to add signicant time to his battle?

He can't deal with triple cleanse teams since he doesn't even try for first until I take them out. Sadly, I don't have such a team.

Any advice?

Replies

• Options
    The only person I'd swap out of this team is Dooku. He can be really annoying on defense but doesn't offer much on offense. Maybe try Boba or thrawn?
  • Options
    Never had luck with Boba on offense even, maybe it's my mods. I have 6 star thrawn but have to gear him and learn his moves. Is he any good on defense?

I thought about adding RG or Shoretrooper as another auto taunting tank. B2 is an option but the daze renders him useless. R2 is always a PITA for me and his animation is so **** slow that alone may do it. Plus the counters to evade. Sith R2...interesting.

I could stick with Sith and add Vader in the mix, but other than high health I don't see that as a big help.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    What's your swgoh.GG link?

My first thought was to make nihlilus much faster.
  • Numanoid
    126 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/numanoid/

Faster nihilus is possible by slowing sith assassin, but she's Johnny on the spot with those team speed ups. Nihilus is currently plus 86 speed with mismatched mods. I'm trying to get high speed offense mods, but I've had very little luck. Same with speed mods when I was working those.
    Post edited by Numanoid on
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    Options
    where is your gk? i hope u r currently farming him. i would go for zader, sa, dn, shore, sith trooper/tfp/tarkin with sa as fast as possible for some more punch