AA vs Rex

C_Man101
195 posts Member
not really creating a team

but who would you guys say is a good cleanser?

Replies

• Options
    Rex, definitely Rex
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Rex, definitely Rex

This....by a lot.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    Rex is SO much better than AA it's not even a discussion.

Ackbar's biggest saving grace is at early levels he lets Lando AoE twice.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TM vs Health.....is that even a question.
  • Options
    Rex by a magnitude of a million
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Chaze.

Or GK.
  • Options
    Chirrut, rex and GK are the ONLY decent cleansers now.

nuff said.
  • Options
    Cleansing ability only? They're equal. Each has their own unique advantage, but one is not a better "cleanser" than the other
  • Options

nuff said.

R2
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options

How?
  • Options
    Ackbar is much more useful in GW. A constant stream of enemy Vader's means your Rebel team always finishes with full health. Rex is also useless in all but phase 1/2 of Rancor whereas Ackbar fits in multiple tiers of both raids

But I'm forgetting myself. Here literally only top 10'PvP matters for the answer is Rex. For now
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Peer wrote: »

How?

Ackbar's Tactical Genious says next person that uses a special heals and gains 100% TM. Just don't use a special until Lando's turn and it's pretty much a wrap for the other squad, for low to mid level squads.

@LeftyTwoGuns While I agree these forums have severe top-end arena tunnel vision, this time it's really not the case. Rex is far superior to AA in just about every way, at any level.

It's like asking who's a better tank Chewie or STHan, then trying to suggest it's Chewie because he can self heal. Except even more so, because Rex is a top tier character, with a phenomenal leader, and the best cleanse in game.
  • Options

nuff said.

R2

If we are focusing on the details: ZSavage
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm afraid on this question there's no contest; Rex all the way. Both can cleanse on a four-turn cooldown, so neither gets an advantage there. But when Rex cleanses, you gain 30%TM (unless you're a clone...then you get 60%) and tenacity up for three turns, plus an additional 10% TM for every debuff you lose. When Ackbar cleanses, you get back 9% health for every debuff you had. That's it. No TM gain (except a chance for Ackbar himself).

So yeah, it's not really a contest. Rex is far superior.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    It actually depends on what you intend on using it for. for example, in the tank raid AA is much better because you will die much quicker using rex. however, pretty much anything pvp wise rex is better. he's the number #1 leader in the game.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    CryGonJinn wrote: »
    Cleansing ability only? They're equal. Each has their own unique advantage, but one is not a better "cleanser" than the other

This isn't exactly true. AA's cleanse bumps up all allies 9% health (if allies are down health) and a chance to increase his own Turn Meter, but Rex's cleanse grants ALL allies Tenacity Up for 3 turns (making it impossible to debuff them) and grants ALL of them Turn Meter.

The point being, AA's is a cleanse - Rex's is like a perma-cleanse for the next 3 turns.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Peer wrote: »

How?

Ackbar's Tactical Genious says next person that uses a special heals and gains 100% TM. Just don't use a special until Lando's turn and it's pretty much a wrap for the other squad, for low to mid level squads.

@LeftyTwoGuns While I agree these forums have severe top-end arena tunnel vision, this time it's really not the case. Rex is far superior to AA in just about every way, at any level.

It's like asking who's a better tank Chewie or STHan, then trying to suggest it's Chewie because he can self heal. Except even more so, because Rex is a top tier character, with a phenomenal leader, and the best cleanse in game.

Outside of arena, I find Rex to be my most useless Clone. There's a reason he's replaced by other character in a clone squad for raids. He also doesn't contribute much to my GW runs
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CryGonJinn wrote: »

This isn't exactly true. AA's cleanse bumps up all allies 9% health (if allies are down health) and a chance to increase his own Turn Meter, but Rex's cleanse grants ALL allies Tenacity Up for 3 turns (making it impossible to debuff them) and grants ALL of them Turn Meter.

The point being, AA's is a cleanse - Rex's is like a perma-cleanse for the next 3 turns.

I answered the question as posed, who is a better cleanser. Not who has a better cleansing ability - if that makes sense.

I definitely agree Rex's ability to grant tenacity up is superior to AA's health regeneration, in most, not all, cases.