Question to people who have done Account Transfer

Caiaphas
187 posts Member
I am moving an account from iOS to Android.

In the email that I received from EA Support, I was told that,

"...If the original account was linked to a backup (Google Play for Android, Game Centre for iOS), it will still be available on that login, if they ever switch platforms back.

However, any future progress on either device is separate. The game save accounts are still platform-based.For example, if we help you move to an Android phone and you start playing on it, you won't see any of that new progress back on your iPhone. "

To me, that means that the account is not being transferred so much as being duplicated. If I make changes to the account on one platform, those changes won't be reflected on the other platform.

Do that mean if I add an ally, or join or leave a guild, and then I check the other platform, those changes will not have taken place?

Will there be two of me?! How can that possibly work, if my ally code stays the same? I can't wrap my head around this.

I have to assume that the EA Support are wrong, and the progress is saved/shared across the platforms.

Anyone with experience able to say what actually happens?

Replies

• Options
    I had my iOS account transferred to Android about two months ago. At that time the two accounts were essentially the same. If I played on my Android and went back to my iPhone any changes I made through the Android showed on the iPhone. Also when playing on one device I was logged out of SWGOH on the other.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options
    Great, thanks. I thought it would work that way... I don't know why EA support said that progress would not be shared across the platforms.

Thanks mate
  • Options
    It takes a while to switch good luck dude
  • Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    Great, thanks. I thought it would work that way... I don't know why EA support said that progress would not be shared across the platforms.

Thanks mate

I think everyone who has had this done has said that the data is still the same across both platforms.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    I have to check back on my android to see but from a technical point of view if they were right I would see two identical nicknames in my guild.

• niko2018
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Account can be linked, you will need to find a post on Reddit and refer the customer support to that post to prove it can be done (it's how I got mine linked, was told the same thing as you), seems some agent haven't been update with the new method yet