Flash Events

Just a little feedback...

Been through a couple of these things now and I was thinking - a flash event (to me) is something that happens quick and is gone. Not something you get the chance to play every couple of hours for like a week straight...

Make them flash events - one day, all of a sudden here it is for maybe a couple of hours then it's gone. If folks don't get a chance to play it, well, then they're out.

Replies

• Options
    Let's see.
    You're given the exact dates on which those events occur.
    The times are all the same, every time the event appears.

If you still can't manage to play the event, then that's not someone else's problem :smile:
  • Options
    Ummm - you've missed the point completely.

You're given the exact dates... this is the opposite meaning of "flash"
    Times are all the same... again, this is the opposite meaning of "flash"

I've played the events - they are not "flash". I don't have a problem with it per se, just pointing out the obvious.
  • Synric
    62 posts Member
    Options
    flash
    flaSH/Submit
    verb
    1.(of a light or something that reflects light) shine in a bright but brief, sudden, or intermittent way.
    "the lights started flashing"
    synonyms: light up, shine, flare, blaze, gleam, glint, sparkle, burn; More
    2.display (an image, words, or information) suddenly on a television or computer screen or electronic sign, typically briefly or repeatedly.
    "suddenly the screen flashes a message"

noun
    1.a sudden brief burst of bright light or a sudden glint from a reflective surface.
    "the grenade exploded with a yellow flash of light"
    synonyms: flare, blaze, burst; More
    2.A thing that occurs suddenly and within a brief period of time, in particular.

Noun 2 is the only thing that would apply to this. And has nothing to do with how often it happens or not knowing when it would happen. Verb 2 even says repeatedly. So no, I think having it show up for 1 hour is "flash" enough.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmm... one or two posts that they are not really "Flash" (in your view is something that happens quick and is gone).

Or thousands of posts of "I missed the event why does EA hate me.. The developers are spitting in the face of the players....EA is disrespecting the player base...player base should be insulted by EA's tactics....

I will take them as is thanks.
  • Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »

I've played the events - they are not "flash". I don't have a problem with it per se, just pointing out the obvious.

Oh really, would you be so kind to explain what "flash" means then? As far as I know "flash" is something fast/sudden, not something "randomly occurring".
  • Synric
    62 posts Member
    Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »

Oh really, would you be so kind to explain what "flash" means then? As far as I know "flash" is something fast/sudden, not something "randomly occurring".

Right. Those would be "sporadic events" not flash ones.