Assault Battle: Places of Power too difficult?

Smidday
134 posts Member
Ok, so previously I completed all three tiers 3 star, 2 star, 2 star; somehow before I hit level 85. Now again trying these tiers, first tier took 2-3 attempts, but strangely the bonus tier I completed with 3 toons left on my first attempt and the second tier took me 5 attempts with only Dooku left! What is going on have the mixed up the difficulties, has anyone else had this issue. Seems a bit stupid to me, also if you need help with this one Nihilus lead period or it can't be done.

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Nihilus really skews the difficulty calculation on this one. It'd be nice to know what the developers intended, because with him it's so trivially easy and without him it's very difficult.

They advertise it as being Very Difficult, so maybe this is what they intend? In which case Nihilus' leadership ability is their way of rewarding people who have advanced that far into the game.

As I said, it's hard to tell because one character makes it such an insane outlier.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Yes it is. I don't have Nihilus. Wasn't playing when he was released. I worked really hard to get my sith and FO ready only to get my **** kicked repeatedly. I have yet to complete a single one of these events ever. I read the forums and it's interesting the number of people who talk about clearing it easily before and now can't like the ewok event. I get the message. Why doesn't it just say it's for long time players with these specific characters and others need not apply. I have 2 chars at gear 11 and no zetas. Don't even have enough 5 star ships to get access to the challenge. Working on it for 3+ months but the ships I need aren't in any of my shipments on a regular basis yet I face zeta teams on node 6 in GW. Apparently the goal is to get me to stop playing so it's a whale only game. I used to love this game but if more attention is not shown to the player base it's time to move on. There are other star wars games out there and other companies who would be pleased to have the cash I might spend.
  • Options
    My impression seem to be opposite, i couldn't clear the tier 1 previous time when the event was around. Now completed all there tiers quite easily, what is strange to me i didnt worked on my siths since last event. I run (and Runned last time) Zader (L) g11, Palpatine g10, Sid g10 (all lvl 85), DN g8 and Dooku g8 (both lvl 63).
    For me it Felt like event was actually nerfed.
    Nihilus seem to be MVP for this event.
    But to be fair i had the same impression You've mentioned about ewoks.
  • Options
    CWOJedisix wrote: »
    Yes it is. I don't have Nihilus. Wasn't playing when he was released. I worked really hard to get my sith and FO ready only to get my **** kicked repeatedly. I have yet to complete a single one of these events ever. I read the forums and it's interesting the number of people who talk about clearing it easily before and now can't like the ewok event. I get the message. Why doesn't it just say it's for long time players with these specific characters and others need not apply. I have 2 chars at gear 11 and no zetas. Don't even have enough 5 star ships to get access to the challenge. Working on it for 3+ months but the ships I need aren't in any of my shipments on a regular basis yet I face zeta teams on node 6 in GW. Apparently the goal is to get me to stop playing so it's a whale only game. I used to love this game but if more attention is not shown to the player base it's time to move on. There are other star wars games out there and other companies who would be pleased to have the cash I might spend.

I didn't have any zetas either but saw how potentially good Nihilus was so geared him up and levelled him up too, don't quit just keep playing I started out a while back and now doing well and just farm the GW for ships it's a pain but worth it, so is collecting the Zeta material but worth it

• Tarikor
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi all! So, I read every single post in a similar thread from earlier in the year and I applied what the players who said this was very easy recommended. And yeah, but NO. Not easy in any way or form.

Used Palpatine (L) L78 G8 Power 13,377, Vader L82 G9 Power 13,407, Dooku L82 G9 Power 11,539, Maul L75 G8 Power 7,102, Sidious L70 G7 Power 5,425.

All fully modded with health mods, most of them 5 dots.

Tried auto dozens of time, a few times manually (very, very slow process) and no luck, can't pass tier one forget the other two tiers.

Green mutant dwarf screwed me over every single time and when autoing, Sidious and Maul would never make it, when manually doing it could get to 8th battle with all team but that never made a difference.

So, many of the guys in the other thread said that Maul lead wipes them out. Do you need zeta Maul for that? If not, what level of leadership do you need to be viable?

I only recently managed to get Maul unlocked so that is the reason he is not up to the level of Vader or Palpatine.

Instead of whining (which I really, really feel like doing in frustration), what are your suggestions based on my squad lineup above?

Those are the ONLY 5 Sith toons I can use and only have two First Order toons that are very low level and inconsequential so can't count on them.

Let's see what help I can get from the community.

Thanks in advance all.

(Like one of you said, this does seem to be events for certain players only, even though I have played every single day from 30th of March this year non stop, grabbing every single shipment refresh throughout the day (even in the middle of the night), and it still isn't enough to pass this. I feel cheated, oh well).
  • Options
    Tarikor wrote: »
    Hi all! So, I read every single post in a similar thread from earlier in the year and I applied what the players who said this was very easy recommended. And yeah, but NO. Not easy in any way or form.

Used Palpatine (L) L78 G8 Power 13,377, Vader L82 G9 Power 13,407, Dooku L82 G9 Power 11,539, Maul L75 G8 Power 7,102, Sidious L70 G7 Power 5,425.

All fully modded with health mods, most of them 5 dots

I would change my mods look for the arrow mod with speed max it out the best one goes up to 30+ speed and put it on your fastest sith that way you can hit harder faster, use potency and health try and hit the ewoks with the low health high damage first with some AOE attacks, stuns etc. Take out the elders before even bothering with Teebo but seriously save up your Nihilus shards save crystals and buy buy buy when you have enough for Nihilus and max his gear as high as possible and try to complete dark side 9-a to unlock him faster- basically his lead heals siths whenever they attack and has insta kill, good luck
  • Options
    My lineup:

Palpatine (L)
    Dooku
    DN
    ST
    Vader
  • Options
    Smidday wrote: »
    Tarikor wrote: »

All fully modded with health mods, most of them 5 dots

I would change my mods look for the arrow mod with speed max it out the best one goes up to 30+ speed and put it on your fastest sith that way you can hit harder faster, use potency and health try and hit the ewoks with the low health high damage first with some AOE attacks, stuns etc. Take out the elders before even bothering with Teebo but seriously save up your Nihilus shards save crystals and buy buy buy when you have enough for Nihilus and max his gear as high as possible and try to complete dark side 9-a to unlock him faster- basically his lead heals siths whenever they attack and has insta kill, good luck

Erm, this thread is about Places of Power? hehe. You know, the Jedis and the little green dude at the end insta-speed casting tenacity and other stuff making it impossible to hit them at all?

And already have what you guys say the only thing is buying DN shards with crystals, I am already buying Baze shards with crystals, and I am below 500 in arena so get a PITTANCE in crystals, there is no way I can buy both at the same time, which means I can forget about this event, and Ewok event, and probably all the rest of these events until Kingdom Come (or I win the lottery and can put in several thousand $$$$ into this game OR buy out a majority stake in the company and tell them to give me all the goodies! haha)

Thanks for the time for helping me out, appreciate it!