Nihilus force drain on Kylo

RedTwo
58 posts Member
edited June 2017
Has anyone that has successfully drained cooldown on Kylo not have him use a ability on his next turn? I know his unique gives him 50% chance of cooldowns being reset on taking damage. Trying to figure out if there is a bug or not, since I have yet to see Kylo not use a ability after a success force drain on him. If someone had force drain on their Kylo be successful and had cooldowns drained on their next turn with Kylo, that would rule out bug for sure.

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sometimes he didn't use specials after DN special, so I don't think there is a bug
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • RedTwo
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Need to watch closely to ensure drain was successful on him though, harder on 4x speed.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, and if after cooldown increase another toon attack kylo is almost 100% chance to reduce cooldowns, so this only works if you only attack him this turn with nihilus.
    The solution for this is ablity block
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    RedTwo wrote: »
    Has anyone that has successfully drained cooldown on Kylo not have him use a ability on his next turn? I know his unique gives him 50% chance of cooldowns being reset on taking damage. Trying to figure out if there is a bug or not, since I have yet to see Kylo not use a ability after a success force drain on him. If someone had force drain on their Kylo be successful and had cooldowns drained on their next turn with Kylo, that would rule out bug for sure.

VERY very rarely. Keep in mind just the attack itself has a chance of refreshing his cooldowns. And that doesn't include others attacking him + dots etc
  • HorishBathens
    631 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Definitely never had a successful cool down increase on Kylo despite red text being displayed after force drain.

He never basics his next turn after a successful force drain on him. So pretty much 100% cooldown reset thanks to the damage attached to force drain.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Ability block and stun. That's all I've seen work successfully.
  • Options
    I run a Zader squad, so I pretty much assume that Kylo will use his AOE to do huge damage any time he isn't ability blocked. Very rarely if I do a force drain it adds enough to the natural cooldown on his AOE that he uses lash out the next turn, but that is not much of an improvement as he is generally zetaed and regains full protection from that.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that each DoT counts as a separate hit for purposes of reducing cooldowns. And since DoT damage happens at the beginning of his turn, before he chooses his attack... yeah.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that each DoT counts as a separate hit for purposes of reducing cooldowns. And since DoT damage happens at the beginning of his turn, before he chooses his attack... yeah.

Yes, every dot has a chance to reduce his cooldowns
  • Options
    actually when nihilus uses drain force on kylo kylo first resets his cooldowns and then nihilus proceeds to increase them as per the mechanics and what i have observed
    but if kylo even has one dot on him when he takes his turn, that dot can reset his cooldowns
    its very irritating as in most of my battles enemy nihilus goes before my kylo and increases my cooldowns as i have explained before
  • Options
    actually when nihilus uses drain force on kylo kylo first resets his cooldowns and then nihilus proceeds to increase them as per the mechanics and what i have observed
    but if kylo even has one dot on him when he takes his turn, that dot can reset his cooldowns
    its very irritating as in most of my battles enemy nihilus goes before my kylo and increases my cooldowns as i have explained before

I've increased the cooldown on Kylo in the opening round and he opens with his AOE despite not having any DOTs which I had assumed was because the damage from force drain was done after the cooldown increase.
  • Options

I've increased the cooldown on Kylo in the opening round and he opens with his AOE despite not having any DOTs which I had assumed was because the damage from force drain was done after the cooldown increase.

Did you actually see the cooldown increase wording flash, or were you just assuming? Or did you have a debuff on him that wasn't a dot, AB, or stun? And even then it's possible that he used his 2% base dodge chance.
  • Options
    Yes, cool down increase flashed, and DN was the last one to go prior to Kylo so he took no damage, other than force drain, before his turn. No dots.
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yes. I notice it on Kylo frequently. Cooldown flashes then he uses a special next turn
  • Options
    So... Him having a dot reduces his cooldown after they're increased? Interesting.....
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Cooldown increase happens before damage. If you use Force Drain on someone with a debuff and the attack kills them, Annihilate's cooldown still gets reduced by 1 for that target so the cooldown increase and thus annihilate decrease all happens before the damage of Force Drain occurs. If you increase the cooldowns on Kylo when he doesn't have a DOT on him you still have a 50-50 shot of him using a special ability next turn (if theres no other damage to Kylo before his turn).