Which dream DN lead team to build?

Alright. I'm level 78 and using DN lead right now. Currently top 50 In arena and I'm happy with that. But my team is going to have to change to make it to top 10 or #1. My current: DN lead, dooku, sith trooper, Vader, Maul.
Dream team 1: DN lead (double zeta), savage, dooku, sith assassin, sith trooper
Dream team 2: DN lead (double zeta), dooku, sith assassin, baze, Chirrut
I understand chaze has no synergy but they bring a cleanse, tenacity up, and health equalizing (which works for DN lead).
Which team should I start to focus on building? I want to have one of the 2 by level 83.

Replies

• Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    DN, SA, SiT, Chaze

I run DN, SA, SiT, Rex, and GK and it works great. But Chaze is a better combo than GK and Rex (other than gk's "Lead the Charge"). And SiT is amazing. As is SA.
  • Options
    You think having 2 tanks instead of dooku is better? Dooku on my team is the main reason I'm top 50 right now. He is amazing and deals probably the most damage. What are your thoughts? Maybe the 2 tanks for defence over night and dooku instead of sith trooper for offence?
  • Options
    I used dooku under DN lead. Yes I do. If I had Chaze that's what I'd run. I constantly finish top 10 and payout 1 when my schedule permits.

I loved dooku. But I think the 2 tank approach will improve your squad immensely. You won't have issues on offense with DN, SA, and chirrut. And SiT bypasses protection as well. I think you'll be amazed at how well it works.
  • Options
    It depends on why you are running DN as lead...

DN has 2 main benefits: the lack of crit and the health drain. The lack of crit makes it effective against Rex lead, GK taunt, and Barriss heal. If you start to deviate from that by using Chaze, then you might as well go with another leader. Dooku is incredible on a DN team and I see him as a necessary piece for a proper DN squad. SA would be necessary as well to speed up an otherwise slower team. The other two slots I'd give to Savage for survivability as well as synergy with SA. Finally, I'd slot on GK for his cleanse, taunt, and retribution.
  • Options
    Having ran every possible combo of sith under DN lead there are varying degrees of success. My most successful (payout constantly in the top) has been my current squad. I started with 5 sith (dooku), 4 sith (dooku and GK) and now 3 sith (DN, SiT, SA) and 2 non sith (GK and rex). And recently tried savage for rex. But the 3/2 set up works better. Castable group cleanse are so strong. And that is the weakness of an all sith squad. So I fixed the weakness. Yes the occasional crit sucks but can be worked around.
  • Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    It depends on why you are running DN as lead...

DN has 2 main benefits: the lack of crit and the health drain. The lack of crit makes it effective against Rex lead, GK taunt, and Barriss heal. If you start to deviate from that by using Chaze, then you might as well go with another leader. Dooku is incredible on a DN team and I see him as a necessary piece for a proper DN squad. SA would be necessary as well to speed up an otherwise slower team. The other two slots I'd give to Savage for survivability as well as synergy with SA. Finally, I'd slot on GK for his cleanse, taunt, and retribution.

If he's only level 78, he's probably no where near being able to get GK. I love how people always suggest using him as a tank for F2P or lower levels, it's kind of insulting to think someone would have GK and not use or at least consider using him. I mean hell, on my shard people use him when they probably shouldn't, just because they worked so hard to get him.

This isn't directed at you in particular, it's just something it seems like alot of the people on the forum forget.
  • Options
    Having ran every possible combo of sith under DN lead there are varying degrees of success. My most successful (payout constantly in the top) has been my current squad. I started with 5 sith (dooku), 4 sith (dooku and GK) and now 3 sith (DN, SiT, SA) and 2 non sith (GK and rex). And recently tried savage for rex. But the 3/2 set up works better. Castable group cleanse are so strong. And that is the weakness of an all sith squad. So I fixed the weakness. Yes the occasional crit sucks but can be worked around.
    How do you mod your chaze if you don't mind me asking? Do you focus on not putting any crit chance and maybe do protection instead? Or crit chance all the way cause who cares?
  • Options
    Whoops. Meant Rex and GK, not chaze
  • Options
    Wearesyke wrote: »
    Whoops. Meant Rex and GK, not chaze

@Wearesyke

Lol it's ok. Yes I avoid crit chance if I can. Can't always but I do avoid it and use protection up. I mod rex for speed and GK more hp/prot/speed.

https://swgoh.gg/u/sacull/

Here is my squad. Chaze is my next plan to try and get to work. In place of rex I've tried savage, Yoda, r2, dooku, and EP. Rex so far just helps me win more. With really amazing fast mods I know EP is awesome in place of rex but my mods aren't the best. The #1 squad on my shard ( @TronTheKhan) is like my squad but he uses ep where I use rex.
  • Options
    I have ran Nihilus (l) Sith trooper and Vader with Baze and Chirrut. It worked extremely well. After my first zeta I used Zeta Vader lead instead and it was even better. I stayed around 18 with a low gear Baze. I am now running Thrawn instead of Sith Trooper for fun but its not as effective.
  • Options
    skip DN and build the chaze then just play chaze...just them 2 lol
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The funny thing about DN as leader is that it benefits himself so much...

Enough so you can use him as leader with no one else reaping the benefits...

You can run a random team of "strong" charachters like GK, FAT, R2, DN, DT, Zylo, Zavage.. and so on... Dooku is nice to try and squeeze in

It will still do very well in arena.... and the added survivability his lead gives him makes him even nastier ;)