R2 is too slow to take a turn

I've lost numerous battle in arena now because of R2's animation taking too much time. In some cases he is taking 5 to 10 seconds to make his move and finish his animation. With the power creep, and higher health, protections, and damage mitigation through auto buffers and mods the x4 is not cutting it anymore. Give us the ability to turn off animations or give us more time. This is getting absurd.

Replies

• Options
    How does 5-10 seconds of an animation cause you to lose? Seems to me you're lacking overall power to chew through defenses if you're timing out because of an R2 animation
  • Options
    R2 is one of the fastest toons in the game the number of turns he can take in a match makes his turns suck up close to 2 min of combat time vs the other toons in a squad. Im running a fully modded tripple clense team that takes first daily on my shard and that includes beating this (gk lead, fulcrum, r2, zbarris, dn) team. Ive never beat this team with more than 15 seconds left in a 5 min match. It is about as close to a TITO team as you can get right now. 50 - 60% of the time you will time out against this team screaming at R2 to take his turn.

Consequently that team never leaves top 5... no problem with that, but timing out due to toons taking slow turns I'm not ok with. R2 is one of the slowest animated toons in the game and for some reason the ai's decision time with this particular toon makes the situation even worse.

Today was the straw that threw the complaint, two matches in a row I was left with R2 and GK alive with 20% or less health left at time out and a full team (Rex, Chaze, DN, B2 fully speed modded) on my side. So, while offence is not Wiggins crit capped offence there is more than enough offence here to take that team if R2 had the same turn times as any other toon.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    LOL! Your issue is Zarriss, not R2. Use Nilly and eat them. Problem solved.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    LOL! Your issue is Zarriss, not R2. Use Nilly and eat them. Problem solved.

Bless your little heart. Did you come up with that all by your little self? I'm so proud of you for such a wonderful thought, and they said you would never amount to anything.

Anyway....... yes you brow beat DN and eat Zarriss with your DN. By the time you get DN to eat Zarris R2 has already eaten up 7 turns or 1 min 40 sec of a 5 min battle on just his turns. This does not count the time of annimations (on 4x) of the other 9 toons in the fight. You are easily at the 3 min mark or higher before you can eat Zarris. Assuming you have already dropped DN then you have less than 2 min to finish off GK, Fulcrum, and R2. Sounds easy enough, fulcrum falls apart like wet paper, GK soaks up damage till he has his fill then R2 finally bites the dust....except R2 continues to eat time with every move. This issue is still R2 taking twice the time to finish a turn as every other toon. By reducing his time to move you literally add 1 to almost 2 minutes back into the fight.