GW and guilds

i've been seeing discussions lately relating guilds to GW.

perhaps it's because i'm in a laid back fun guild but i don't see the connection between the 2.

all i know is, is this game is suppose to be fun in all areas. i'm in a very laid back guild with little to no requirements. everyone is free to play the game how they want to. i say this because i can only begin to see one connection between GW and guilds in that GW is to test your roster which would benefit a serious guild. in my guild there are no requirements of having a deep roster. just do your best with the toons you already have.

i wouldn't have a guild any other way than the guild i'm in.

i strictly go with the toons i like which are sith empire and jedi. i leave the rest behind.

Replies

• Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think GW has anything to do with guilds, it's certainly an individual mode.
  • Options
    what.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    The point of GW is to earn the rewards; crystals, credits, daily rewards, a few shards etc.

There's no link whatsoever to guilds. I'm unsure why anyone would even think so...?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There was a leak, the image has been talked about and some people think it is a GW style board on a grand scale. It has a solid connection to guilds.

To be clear this could all change but it was out there and could be the "new game mode"
  • Options
    interesting i have not seen this leak yet.

but unless i'm missunderstanding comments in other discussions some already think GW and guild are currently linked.

i can post a few quotes when i get on my computer from other discussions if you'd like.
  • Options
    Rlex wrote: »
    Honestly it depends on what difficulty you're having and who you're talking to about it. There's currently an issue of people getting impossible opponent teams. There's difficult and impossible. Old school players refuse to grasp this. If you talk to the people that've been here since the beginning or over a year or whatever they'll tell you its normal because they're too high up to constantly face an impossible team and don't care about their guilds, just themselves.

But yeah you will hit a hill of continually losing and if the team is difficult but somewhat beatable then ok fine. If you're rolling in there not zeta. But you're facing lvl 85 a zaul team, with zader, with zylo on 10/11 gear and highly modded... welcome to impossible. And that's the issue because people are encountering this daily for weeks straight etc. I'm going on a week straight. I talked to people that quit because they encountered it longer.

here is a specific quote about guilds from a GW discussion.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    holyjoe35 wrote: »
    Honestly it depends on what difficulty you're having and who you're talking to about it. There's currently an issue of people getting impossible opponent teams. There's difficult and impossible. Old school players refuse to grasp this. If you talk to the people that've been here since the beginning or over a year or whatever they'll tell you its normal because they're too high up to constantly face an impossible team and don't care about their guilds, just themselves.

But yeah you will hit a hill of continually losing and if the team is difficult but somewhat beatable then ok fine. If you're rolling in there not zeta. But you're facing lvl 85 a zaul team, with zader, with zylo on 10/11 gear and highly modded... welcome to impossible. And that's the issue because people are encountering this daily for weeks straight etc. I'm going on a week straight. I talked to people that quit because they encountered it longer.

that has nothing to do with guilds. that guy just argues that people who disagree with him must not care about their guildmates.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

that has nothing to do with guilds. that guy just argues that people who disagree with him must not care about their guildmates.

Exactly, that post only states that the ones who say GW is fine as it is are ignoring the possibility that his guild mates can have problems in GW. It's not to indicate that they have a connection somehow.
  • Options
    A lot of my guild don't chat, so yeah I don't care about them Lol as long as they follow the raid rules they are welcome to stay. The core group works together quite well, we vent about gw here and there, sometimes give adivice like sending in junk toons to waste enemy specials, but other than that there nothing really a guild can do about gw.
  • Options
    Does no one understand completing GW is supposed to be an achievement?
    As one of those that doesn't share your pain of weeks without a win I find it difficult to grasp the issue, and it's not that I don't care about my guildies it's more there's nothing I can do but be supportive via gear and chat.
    I face chaze teams, zaul etc almost every single time, sometimes in succession and I get them sometimes at node 6. GW is about roster depth, it's a marathon of 12 increasingly difficult battles not intended for every player to just walk through daily.

How many would replay hard nodes that they aren't farming from, especially if you couldn't sim them.

I agree the way in which opponents are chosen isn't perfect, but I think you will find if you gear up 3+ squads and play more strategically you will find it to be better for you. Also for lower players, don't push 1 toon to max since that I find will really hurt in GW you need to think squads at lower levels.

Impossible squads are beatable if you have the depth to necro them, not ideal, but for a node 12 throw everything

• Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    As one of those that doesn't share your pain of weeks without a win I find it difficult to grasp the issue, and it's not that I don't care about my guildies it's more there's nothing I can do but be supportive via gear and chat.
    I face chaze teams, zaul etc almost every single time, sometimes in succession and I get them sometimes at node 6. GW is about roster depth, it's a marathon of 12 increasingly difficult battles not intended for every player to just walk through daily.

How many would replay hard nodes that they aren't farming from, especially if you couldn't sim them.

I agree the way in which opponents are chosen isn't perfect, but I think you will find if you gear up 3+ squads and play more strategically you will find it to be better for you. Also for lower players, don't push 1 toon to max since that I find will really hurt in GW you need to think squads at lower levels.

Impossible squads are beatable if you have the depth to necro them, not ideal, but for a node 12 throw everything

GW is one of daily activities, for me it's no different than daily challenges, a means to collecting more resources. Even though I win GW daily, I understand people's frustration about it. Honestly, a few shards, some ok credits and GW tokens aren't too much of a reward if you think about the difficulty for most, people rely on farming from GW store, perhaps more than arena store, it may get the second place after cantina store for most. And the more they fall behind, the more frustrated they get. The scaling in difficulty is totally unbalanced, there's no need to overkill people with top end whales just because they reached level 80's with some ok geared characters. The scaling should be re-calibrated, considering the general roster power, gear and character levels. Then it can be also challenging, but not frustrating.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

but unless i'm missunderstanding comments in other discussions some already think GW and guild are currently linked.

i can post a few quotes when i get on my computer from other discussions if you'd like.

You won't they had it removed, even from reddit.

As leef stated, this is an opinion that people ignoring GW as an issue are ignoring others and just blindly stating everything is fine.

Do you think he is suggesting a link between your guild and the enemies you face in GW?

If so, no there is no connection like that.

One side note is there is a floating theory that you can judge whether you will have a broken node by the power listed in your guilds arena power section.
  • Options
    Boreas wrote: »

Exactly, that post only states that the ones who say GW is fine as it is are ignoring the possibility that his guild mates can have problems in GW. It's not to indicate that they have a connection somehow.

if the aren't related why bring up guilds at all? what does my experience with GW have to do with my guild mates??

if i find GW a breeze, i'm gonna claim it's fine regardless of who has trouble with it.

what others experience has no effect on my opinion of things. i'm not gonna say something is broken just because someone else finds it broken when i don't.

this isn't a discussion complaining about the difficulty of GW. it's a discussion of how some people seem to think GW and guilds are somehow related.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »

As leef stated, this is an opinion that people ignoring GW as an issue are ignoring others and just blindly stating everything is fine.

Do you think he is suggesting a link between your guild and the enemies you face in GW?

One side note is there is a floating theory that you can judge whether you will have a broken node by the power listed in your guilds arena power section.

so if i know someone who is having trouble with an area of the game and i'm not i'm suppose to take to the forums and say it's broken and needs fixed? LMFAO

i don't blindly state anything. i state my experience and my opinion. if something is working for me and i don't find it needs fixed or improved that's my opinion and it's not affected by any number of people i know who have experienced otherwise. if i haven't experienced a problem i cannot and will not adopt that opinion.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

so if i know someone who is having trouble with an area of the game and i'm not i'm suppose to take to the forums and say it's broken and needs fixed? LMFAO

i don't blindly state anything. i state my experience and my opinion. if something is working for me and i don't find it needs fixed or improved that's my opinion and it's not affected by any number of people i know who have experienced otherwise. if i haven't experienced a problem i cannot and will not adopt that opinion.

well, my own oppinion about GW won't change either, no matter how many of my guildmates/friends are struggling with it. That said, me not having a certain problem doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a problem worth fixing.
  • Options

well, my own opinion about GW won't change either, no matter how many of my guildmates/friends are struggling with it. That said, me not having a certain problem doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a problem worth fixing.

if your not having a problem with something how can you even be willing to acknowledge there is a problem? i hate to get side tracked because this is not what the discussion is about but in all seriousness.

lets use GW as the example. if you breeze right through it on a daily basis with no struggle at all how can you say they need to fix or change it? just because others are having problems completing it doesn't necessarily mean the problem is with GW itself, it could be their rosters or power level or whatever. so you would blindly adopt the opinion that GW needs fixed and it's not working fine just because others are saying its broken?

we are getting WAY off course here though. all i wanted to know was why people thought guild and GW are related. i have my answer it appears it was a misunderstanding of the posted quote from leef, so as far as i'm concerned this discussion can be closed.

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options

Going to ignore everything else you wrote for this.

Something you do daily should not be an achievement, e.g. I don' consider my work to be an achievement.

Completing GW a thousand times is an achievement.

But let's not kid ourselves, GW is not fun.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »

it's my favorite mode in the game.
  • Options

Something you do daily should not be an achievement, e.g. I don' consider my work to be an achievement.

it's my favorite part of the game.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options

If you consider going through the same meta teams Every... Single... Day... fun then you'll be superhappy.

Someone said it gives an opportunity to test something new, that I agree with. However, the meta teams (looking at my node 11 of Rex(L), Chaze, GK, DN, which incidentantly happens to be exactly what I faced in nodes 6 and 9 also) require the best effort, and it doesn't leave room for simulations.

How many different teams can you think of that let you breeze through that every day?

Lack of variety makes the game stale, this is not the direction I, and many others, hope the game to progress to.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

If you consider going through the same meta teams Every... Single... Day... fun then you'll be superhappy.

Someone said it gives an opportunity to test something new, that I agree with. However, the meta teams (looking at my node 11 of Rex(L), Chaze, GK, DN, which incidentantly happens to be exactly what I faced in nodes 6 and 9 also) require the best effort, and it doesn't leave room for simulations.

How many different teams can you think of that let you breeze through that every day?

Lack of variety makes the game stale, this is not the direction I, and many others, hope the game to progress to.

i can breeze through GW regardless of what i face. I know it sounds arrogant but it is what it is.
    that said, my GW is quite diverse, far more diverse than arena. I actually wish it was more difficult nowadays, an extra meta team or two wouldn't hurt. It used to require a bit of strategy to make sure i would be able to clear it, but those days are long gone. It's still my favorite mode though, i'm can use alot of different teams that i enjoy fighting with.
    I do agree that it would be less fun if i faced the exact same team on node 6, 9 and 11, but gw would still be my favorite mode. Compared to arena, raids and ls/ds/cantina battles it's just the most enjoyable mode imo. When the meta shifts or a new raid is released those modes will temporarilly be more fun, but when the dust settles GW is back to being the best mode.
    I don't expect anyone to feel the same way, it's just my personal preference.
  • Options

i enjoy it because i can actually make some progress. there is far more variety in GW than in arena. in arena all i see and go up against are the same 5 rebel toons.

it's no secret i'm not a very competitive player but one day a week ago the competitive bug bit me and i went 0 for 10 in arena that day.

not being competitive i play for fun with toons i actually like. i'm not gonna farm and use toons just because they win or counter this or that. but with GW i can handle most nodes with just my A team. except for completing the 50 win achievement i'm fine not actually finishing it every time. you still get some good rewards.

so yeah i would much rather do GW than arena.
  • Options
  • Options

One is a whale the other is a troll. Guess which is which.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

One is a whale the other is a troll. Guess which is which.

i think neither of us is a whale or trolling, so i'm curious if you think i'm trolling or a whale, haha.