Who exactly is Revan? - Explained!!

Prev1
I bet a lot of you constantly see the name Revan on these forums, and I also bet a lot of you don't have a clue who he is. Well, I have begun a video series detailing Revans entire life/story and for those interested in learning about him, here it is!

This video will also interest KOTOR fans alike, who have perhaps played the games but not delved further into his origins! Any feedback is appreciated and I hope you learn something new and enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj8KqT9vs4g

Replies

• Options
    Is there a tl;dr version
  • Options
    Maxsiimus wrote: »
    Is there a tl;dr version

This series that I make is very In-Depth for the character, so unfortunately not :neutral: I have thought about making Bite-sized Explained Videos but as for now I want to get the whole story in! Sorry!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Is there a tl;dr version

If you prefer reading, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Nice job
  • Options
    Nice job

Thank you bro!
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Is there a tl;dr version

If you prefer reading, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan

That's a good shout :smile:
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Revan is a pioneer of sorts. He is one of the few characters who transcends the light/dark distinction regardless of who he foght for in the end, if he were in the game it would only be right that he be both light and dark at least
  • Options
    Awesome video! I played the KOTOR series so I was pretty familiar with Revan. Your video was very informative. Great job. Keep it up!
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome video.
  • Options
    I just got kotor for $2.49 usd on steam and have had a hard time putting the mouse down
  • Options
    veejayti wrote: »
    Revan is a pioneer of sorts. He is one of the few characters who transcends the light/dark distinction regardless of who he foght for in the end, if he were in the game it would only be right that he be both light and dark at least

I think he should have both tags, and should also have Sith and Jedi Tags. That would be awesome imo!
  • Options
    Awesome video! I played the KOTOR series so I was pretty familiar with Revan. Your video was very informative. Great job. Keep it up!

Thanks Man that means alot :smile:
  • Options
    Boreas wrote: »
    Awesome video.

Thanks a lot buddy :D
  • HK47isLife
    233 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I just got kotor for $2.49 usd on steam and have had a hard time putting the mouse down

Did you get the second one too?
    Post edited by HK47isLife on
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome video.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    HK47isLife wrote: »

I think he should have both tags, and should also have Sith and Jedi Tags. That would be awesome imo!

Agreed, BUT I think only one should be active based on the Leader affiliation.
  • Options
    CEG9876 wrote: »
    Awesome video.

Thanks man :D
  • Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »

Agreed, BUT I think only one should be active based on the Leader affiliation.

Again, I agree!
  • Options
    Revan is such a legit character, we can only hope he gets implemented. I could see them adding a "stance change" mechanic where he isn't both tags since it could be OP; but instead can change his affinity without using a turn, that way he can take advantage of advanced potency under an EP lead for a debilitating attack or increased offense an speed under a ZQGJ lead.
  • Options
    Revan is such a legit character, we can only hope he gets implemented. I could see them adding a "stance change" mechanic where he isn't both tags since it could be OP; but instead can change his affinity without using a turn, that way he can take advantage of advanced potency under an EP lead for a debilitating attack or increased offense an speed under a ZQGJ lead.

That's actually a really interesting concept.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Options
    Have you made the 2nd video yet?
  • HK47isLife
    233 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Not yet buddy. Drafting the script atm. If you hit the Subscribe notification bell, you'll be notified when I release it!
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Options

Not yet buddy. Drafting the script atm. If you hit the Subscribe notification bell, you'll be notified when I release it!

Awesome!!!
    I can't wait to hear it.
  • Options
    Do you have a link to your channel?
    Empire Relic
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    great vid, I think I will try to watch those so I can understand all this love for Revan lol :D
  • Options
    Do you have a link to your channel?

Yeah! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDywLVZRivj0z0_bM02uOcg :smile:
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    great vid, I think I will try to watch those so I can understand all this love for Revan lol :D

Thank you pal :)
  • Options

Awesome!!!
    I can't wait to hear it.

It shouldn't be too long!
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Revan is a great, interesting character (as the video does a great job of showing btw, +1 HK looking forward to part 2) but a lot of the love he gets also stems from the fact that he was the player character in one of the best true RPG's in gaming. Since so many of us were introduced to Revan by playing through his story and making his decisions in ways that actually molded and defined the characters there's a disproportionate number of people that identify with him (compared to other universe characters) because we were the ones making his decisions.

Also, this video reminded me how much of a colossal tool Master Vrook was... +1 again OP, lol
  • Options
    I really enjoyed this video and I can't wait for the next video, I have shared it in my guild chat.
    Empire Relic