Old Ben.

Is he competitive late game at 4*? I just drew him and was wondering what his utility is right now. Where he excels and if he's worth leveling and gearing with no shards to star on the horizon.

Replies

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yes! I think so. At lower star level he can still have his awesome ability at max, and he's easier to kill. Which is a good thing for Ben.
  • Options
    He can push 3 debuffs on the opponent and 4 buffs on the owners team in the same turn upon death. I'm surprised people aren't crying about this yet. Some people are contemplating leaving him low leveled to get the buff earlier.
  • Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    His special is good, even at 4*, if you gear him so he has potency. He's kind of weak, but if you upgrade his basic to 7, I think he will still hit around 1700 on basic attacks at 4*.

Hoping to have him die first, even at 4*, is a pipe dream. Even at 4* G8 (and not G9, which he can reach), he will still have more life than your glass cannon, automatically Evade Ups, over 250 armor, and is generally ignored by the AI. And no player is going to kill him first.

His If You Strike Me Down is more or less useless. Don't invest purple mats into it.

Forgot to add; at 7* he hits way harder. Mine does around 23-2600 on basic attacks. Just an FYI ;)
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    He can push 3 debuffs on the opponent and 4 buffs on the owners team in the same turn upon death. I'm surprised people aren't crying about this yet. Some people are contemplating leaving him low leveled to get the buff earlier.

As I recall there was a nerf of him along with barriss
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    He's already been nerfed once. Leave the old man alone.
  • Options
    I didn't say he needed a nerf, just surprised that people crying about poggle,geo,qgj, and Rey haven't hit Ben yet.
  • Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    His special is good, even at 4*, if you gear him so he has potency. He's kind of weak, but if you upgrade his basic to 7, I think he will still hit around 1700 on basic attacks at 4*.

Hoping to have him die first, even at 4*, is a pipe dream. Even at 4* G8 (and not G9, which he can reach), he will still have more life than your glass cannon, automatically Evade Ups, over 250 armor, and is generally ignored by the AI. And no player is going to kill him first.

His If You Strike Me Down is more or less useless. Don't invest purple mats into it.

Forgot to add; at 7* he hits way harder. Mine does around 23-2600 on basic attacks. Just an FYI ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't say he needed a nerf, just surprised that people crying about poggle,geo,qgj, and Rey haven't hit Ben yet.

He is not used as much, thats why, but now after the update he will be more used, and the crying starts, instead of learning how to handle him as an opponent
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Exactly. I'm one of two people on my server who use him. His lack of accessibility is probably slowing down the anti Old Ben rage.
  • Options
    I have him at 4*. I don't want another ewok scout shard by attempting to get more.