Guild chat and planning Raids

_JB_
68 posts Member
So its my understanding that when you install the game and put in your age, that players under the age of 18 can not see guild chat?

The reason I ask is my guild does Heroic rancor raids and like many guilds we ask that members just use one toon when doing their first attack to give everyone in the guild a chance to receive raid rewards.

We have a about a half a dozen not following the plan and if they are kids and can't see the chat, as guild leader how I'm I suppose to communicate with them?

I'd feel pretty bad if I kick someone out just because they are not following the Rancor attack plan and it turns out to be a little kid. :-(

Replies

• Options
    Not possible in game.
  • Options
    Just a thought but what about putting it on the giuld management description they may see it there.
  • Options
    We start raids at set times on specific days and it's always the same start time. If you miss, you knew it was happening
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Options
    I am under 18 and I see the guild chat. (Curse words and all) lol
    I am not sure if you are right, but, I know I see the guild chat just fine.
  • Options
    Just a hit youre going to have to take as a leader in a game like this. It sucks, but there is no alternative at this time.
  • _JB_
    68 posts Member
    Options
    CEG9876 wrote: »
    I am under 18 and I see the guild chat. (Curse words and all) lol
    I am not sure if you are right, but, I know I see the guild chat just fine.

Yeah I was just informed by a Guild mate its under the age of 13 that I guess can't see the chat.
  • Options
    It is under 13 years. As they can not read the chat, you can NOT use line or discord either, as they can not see the invitation. - Bad news!

There is no work a round.
  • _JB_
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah the last thing I want to do is kick out some 6 year old girl because she can't see the chat. :/
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Options
    What about using the guild description box?
    I know it's not ideal, but better than nothing.
  • Options
    Start a line chat have everyone add at @line chat to their name and maybe the mol elizia will get the hint
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Guild chat is bad, bad, bad for communication even for people who can see it.

And it's because of the notifications. I believe there's a way to turn the constant notifications off (every time someone gets a 7*, activates a new toon, goes above g8, as if anyone really cares), but not everyone does or knows how so not everyone sees the important messages that get buried within minutes, sometimes seconds.

I'd vote for removing those notifications completely. They're not necessary in the least. Make it strictly for messages between members.

On topic, it's not advisable for 6 year olds to be communicating with strange adults online in the first place. Just my opinion.