what's the best counter to zQGJ team variations?

M_L
469 posts Member
my shard now has 10 either zQGJ or GK leads out of the top 20, wow.

i can beat them if i switch to a team that's specifically designed for it, GK, B2, zBarriss (or r2), zKylo (or undergeared Thrawn), DN, for instance

but that team then does not deal well at all against the rest of the top 20 (mostly vader, rex, an occasional maul, and wed leads)

anyone have any advice for team comps that're good against zQGJ teams, but does not have Chaze? i have an almost max'd, 5s, Anakin, Rex, Boba... that's about it

Replies

• Options
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    but who do you Fracture? i find myself fracturing GK, but due to r2's presence, i still have to spend another round attacking an already fractured toon, seems less than ideal, no?
  • Options
    I run that ZQGJ Jedi team, and if they're running Shoretrooper you want to Fracture QGJ. We can never Dispell the Shore Taunts, making the team work through ST before we can hit anyone else.

Lost to one on Offense yesterday, which is pretty rare :)
  • Options
    In my battles I fractured GK and took out Yoda. I don't go after QGJ since from a tanky perspective he's not that immediate of a threat. It's usually GK and Yoda or Zarris that can be pests but I really effort to derail Yoda from controlling the tempo of battle early on and GK of course when possible.
  • Magic69
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Winchester wrote: »
    I run that ZQGJ Jedi team, and if they're running Shoretrooper you want to Fracture QGJ. We can never Dispell the Shore Taunts, making the team work through ST before we can hit anyone else.

If you run Ezra in that team you can use him to remove Shore's taunt

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    do you make your thrawn fast or slowish? i honestly can't decide. i can make him go first on my team, or last.... but since my thrawn right now is only gear 9, i've mostly put more protection on him just so he can last a bit longer and sacrifice speed
  • Options
    Magic69 wrote: »
    Winchester wrote: »

If you run Ezra in that team you can use him to remove Shore's taunt

Yeah, I run the standard Yoda/JKA/GK/R2. My Ezra is only G9, getting there, but those Carbantis are a pain :)
  • Options
    Zmaul
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    B2 is the best counter. Plain and simple. Without their foresight and other buffs they just hit decently hard.
  • Toben
    68 posts Member
    Options
    This is another reason why Asajj is a highly underrated character. Her AoE dispel doesn't care about foresight - it will strip the foresight away *and* the tenacity up and whatever else those Jedi have got going on. If they've all got foresight up again the next turn, she's got an AoE attack on a separate cooldown. And unlike B2, her basic attacks are actually occasionally relevant to the outcome of the fight.
  • Options
    Zader, Dooku, Fett & pretty much anyone. DN is really bad vs Jedi, he's a dead slot. Zader has ability block on basic that will lock down Yoda/GK, Dooku hits twice, knocking off foresight and going back in, if they don't have TU he will stun the whole group. Fett has an AoE to wipe foresight from all, and execute loves foresight on toons. Thrawn is also a really solid choice, but with those 3 you can practically run CUP and ME in the last spots.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    ahh, unfortunately my Vader and Dooku and Assajj are all still on gear8, ha ha. only reason i have DN in there instead of Boba is 'cause DN seems tankier and can increase CD tho with Jedi's speed it certainly seems not as relevant. but i'll consider the switch to Boba... maybe i'll try it
  • Options
    DV lead
    Thrawn
    EP
    DT
    Shore

Have DT go after EP so EP clears foresight, save DV aoe for round 2 - use DT dispel after R2 smoke screen - fraceture GK before he gets a turn - so make sure you Thrawn is at least that fast. Rd 2 use vader aoe, DoTs will stick since ten up was dispelled. Use DT basic to stun / daze R2 - EP shock / all FF on JKA or Ezra - whichever damage dealer they use. YOu can keep GK fractured entire match - Yoda and Jinn do hardly any damage, especially vs. Shore - so just ignore them. Dominating win.
  • Options
    Sith can beat them consistently if they have the mods. Or all you need is a fast SA. SA does her thing, then the Jedi and R2 get force crushed, dazed, drained, stunned, etc.
  • Options
    What can mess you up with SA is if Nihilus goes first
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Zeta Maul led Sith teams are tough for my zQGJ led Jedi team, especially with Zavage (to take buff immunity/heal immunity that Anakin does or burning from R2) and Darth Sidius who evades half the time a Jedi attacks him unless R2 stuns him.
  • Options
    Ani meta team can beat zqgj
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    zMaul lead with vader zSid and DN gives you 4 aoe abilities to drop foresight, zSavage is my fifth, but sometimes i will use B2 instead of sid, both work pretty well...
  • Options
    B2 is without a doubt the ultimate counter to zQGJ. Not to mention a menace against GK, R2, zYoda.....
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Wedge, gk, Chaze, R2. Can handle almost everything

edit: ahh, you said no chaze
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    actually not only do i not have chaze... don't even have a max'd wedge. I really just didn't like Wiggs, thought they looked silly to be honest, so never max'd them. only mildly regret it, if only for ships. but i do ok still

so seems like most of the advice are for toons i don't have... oh well. maybe i'll just max my b2 and hope that last bit of tankiness will make him last long enough to do his job
  • Options
    Sith can beat them consistently if they have the mods. Or all you need is a fast SA. SA does her thing, then the Jedi and R2 get force crushed, dazed, drained, stunned, etc.

Sounds like a massage
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    M_L wrote: »
    actually not only do i not have chaze... don't even have a max'd wedge. I really just didn't like Wiggs, thought they looked silly to be honest, so never max'd them. only mildly regret it, if only for ships. but i do ok still

so seems like most of the advice are for toons i don't have... oh well. maybe i'll just max my b2 and hope that last bit of tankiness will make him last long enough to do his job

Wiggs does not work fine against zQGJ. B2 is good, Thrawn too if they have GK and of course zMaul.
  • Options
    zaul lead, zader lead and good speed zeta QGJ lead teams are one of the easier arena teams to beat.
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Options
    zQGJ lead teams are the one's I prefer fighting against. I have down to an artform.

I was using zader. First job is taking out yoda. Basic attack to ability block and once the tenacity down has gone then use crush.

Annoyingly, zQGJ's ability to grant foresight persits after death so patience and AOE's to remove this opens it up more.
  • Options
    Maul
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    I am running a cookie cutter triple cleanse.

(L)Rex, Baze, Chirrut, GK, Nihilus.

What would you do in my position to make my team stronger against a zQGJ/zBarriss while being conscious of not spending too many resources.

I was considering farming B2 and putting a Zeta on Nihilus's Unique, and running (L)GK, Baze, Chirrut, Nihilus, B2.

Do you think that would be plenty?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Xetal wrote: »

What would you do in my position to make my team stronger against a zQGJ/zBarriss while being conscious of not spending too many resources.

I was considering farming B2 and putting a Zeta on Nihilus's Unique, and running (L)GK, Baze, Chirrut, Nihilus, B2.

GK(L), Chaze, DN, Thrawn/R2. I meet sometimes those teams in GW and hate them. Really hard to kill (for me).
  • Options
    Xetal wrote: »

B2 is awesome against Jedi. Your biggest issue is DN needs to be subbed out against Jedi, he's completely a dead slot. His basic rarely procs since it's often just knocking off foresight, and his cooldown increase NEVER works, since it's likely 4/5 Jedi will have foresight and rarely ever are debuffed until it's already over.
  • Options
    Triple cleanse works fine