Wiggs, they are eternal?

So these two and their bromance meta. Will we still be seeing them everywhere in the top 100 in Arena 5 years from now? What will it take to drive them out permanently? Is it possible? Before you answer, I am looking for a team that ALL players can build, not just the ones emptying trust funds.

So, what is it going to take? Or is it happening already?

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Erm.. Why would you want to completely remove any toon from arena? Wedge is only in 15% of #1 teams according to the meta report. Biggs is in like 9%. Shouldn't you be more concerned about preserving toons that are underutilized?
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Erm.. Why would you want to completely remove any toon from arena? Wedge is only in 15% of #1 teams according to the meta report. Biggs is in like 9%. Shouldn't you be more concerned about preserving toons that are underutilized?

but those are the top of the top around 300-500 they are everywhere for my shard
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

but those are the top of the top around 300-500 they are everywhere for my shard

I see your point. I think that the issue in 300-500 range is that speed still dominates everything. I haven't faced a team without an auto taunter in weeks.

Except for Jedi. But GK is pretty much an auto taunter.
  • Options
    Will the game even be here 5 years from now?? I mean its good but for a game thats a long time. :/
  • Options
    Also if it is here in 5 years I will prolly be playing it! :p
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Will the game even be here 5 years from now?? I mean its good but for a game thats a long time. :/

I hope so :'(
  • Options
    I love facing wiggs combos. They're weak now.
  • Options
    Wiggs is wack, haven't seen them in months
  • Options
    I would imagine that in the +100 ranks Wiggs will be fairly eternal.... sort of like how in the 500+ ranks in HODA Uldred / Dan stuck forever even after curse.
  • Options

I'll be surprised if it doesn't last at least 5 years, I think they're coming out with Star Wars movies till 2024. Or at least that's the plan.
  • Options

Absolutely - 5 years from now all the work will have mostly been done with the game - new movies / marketing still pushing the SW brand - just farm profits for many years.
  • Options
    To keep for 5 years need 2 things, stay profitable and contract renovation.
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Guys it will be far better for them to close the game in 2 years and publish SWGOH 2.

This way the new players won't be completely overwhelmed by the content, the older players will stop bothering the dev with things to change and the whales will be happy to pay again to unlock what they already unlocked in this game. Maybe they will offer an exclusive character if you have spent 1000$ or more in the previous game. ;*
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    So these two and their bromance meta. Will we still be seeing them everywhere in the top 100 in Arena 5 years from now? What will it take to drive them out permanently? Is it possible? Before you answer, I am looking for a team that ALL players can build, not just the ones emptying trust funds.

So, what is it going to take? Or is it happening already?

More and easier to farm pre taunt tanks nullifies wiggs very well.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    To paraphrase Tupac.. "Heroes come and go my Rebels are eternal.."
  • Options
    I don't think Rebels will be overthrown, in as much as they will be left behind. Lke all heroes. Remember when Capt. P was considered game breaking, or 5's.