About sith trooper

Ricocosta329_858_327
11 posts Member
edited June 2017
I am one of that crazy people who is leveling and gearing up this unit. Currently, i have him in G.X, 6 starts with:

22925 heal
48627 protection
103 speed
44 potency
41 tenacity
31,7 armor
2409 attack

What should I improve? I mean in which statistic must I have more in consideration deffence / offence/ tenacity/protection?

I also want to ask how his passive work: Vaiken legacy, it granst you 100% more of your total deffence directly? Like 31,78%*2 and you add 50% more when you have deffence up? Actually i dont know how it works but i am sure that it isnt in that way because you will get near to 90% damage reductuin (which of course you don have ingame).

I wanna put him in a nihilius team, with palpa dooku (good tenacity) and one more.. what do you think that will fit here ? Kylo, sun fac, b2, savage.....?

Replies

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    I am actually working on the same exact team. I switched between zSavage and Shore Trooper. Sith Trooper with Crit Immunity? Everything tickles him. Dooku and DN are well protected and Savage cleans up. EP does well with staying alive with all his shocks and or Savage ghetto cleansing everyone.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    I am one of that crazy people who is leveling and gearing up this unit. Currently, i have him in G.X, 6 starts with:

22925 heal
    48627 protection
    103 speed
    44 potency
    41 tenacity
    31,7 armor
    2409 attack

What should I improve? I mean in which statistic must I have more in consideration deffence / offence/ tenacity/protection?

I also want to ask how his passive work: Vaiken legacy, it granst you 100% more of your total deffence directly? Like 31,78%*2 and you add 50% more when you have deffence up? Actually i dont know how it works but i am sure that it isnt in that way because you will get near to 90% damage reductuin (which of course you don have ingame).

I wanna put him in a nihilius team, with palpa dooku (good tenacity) and one more.. what do you think that will fit here ? Kylo, sun fac, b2, savage.....?

EP is still bugged with Crackling Doom, and he gets killed easily, Savage can be a better option if you can have him zeta. I run a full sith team under DN, since not hitting criticals can be an advantage in the current meta. SiT is great under DN, if you can have a fast SAss or Zid that'll make a nice team, if you don't have them ready than that's up to you to decide who to use.
  • Options
    If you're running him under DN get as many 23.5% protection primaries on him as you can as they get converted to health. I run him at 7* max gear. He was a grind but well worth it, he can really take a beating.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    If you're running him under DN get as many 23.5% protection primaries on him as you can as they get converted to health. I run him at 7* max gear. He was a grind but well worth it, he can really take a beating.

While this is true (100% true). I was enjoying high defense mods on him. With his defense stacking and once he gets retribution up, he counters and heals a lot. Having him take even less damage and heal from every attack helps immensely with keeping him alive.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

While this is true (100% true). I was enjoying high defense mods on him. With his defense stacking and once he gets retribution up, he counters and heals a lot. Having him take even less damage and heal from every attack helps immensely with keeping him alive.

Yes and I recently started to use critical avoidance primary on arrow mod, instead of prot. Baze generally misses him :)...
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Boreas wrote: »

Yes and I recently started to use critical avoidance primary on arrow mod, instead of prot. Baze generally misses him :)...

Hmmm using a defense arrow myself, might try the crit avoidance see how it pans out. Thanks for the pro tip!
  • Options
    I use crit avoidance arrow and as much protection and tenacity every where I can. Also use all tenacity mods to try and keep daze and buff immunity off him. Seems to work pretty well.
  • Options
    I ran ZZDN, Zavage, Dooku, SA and ST for a good deal of time (swapped out Dooku for Thrawn). That team is really esp if you can make DN, Savage and ST as tanky as possible. Load up on 23.5% protection primaries with lots of speed secondaries.
  • Options
    @Ricocosta329_858_327
    My ST has 69k prot / 29k hp. He's extremely tanky and a very reliable farm. What you want to stack is protection; full protection. Tenacity doesn't do anything unless you have a Tenacity-based leader and defense suffers to diminishing returns. His passive is based on current defense.

Palp and Dooku are 'okay' sith choices, but not top tier. Palp has suffered the power creep turn; his hp is low and he is very squishy. Dooku's okay as well, but again, there are better options -- SA (who has better synergy with ST than either Dooku or Palp) and Zavage for example.

As far as your team goes -- sun fac is useless there. Even B2 is a bit of a stretch. That's like 3 tanks total, why?

Defense stacking for ST suffers a heavy DR curve, it's better to stack full prot.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    The way Vailen's Legacy works is a little convoluted, but makes sense. Basically if you have 31.78% Armor, it doesn't double to 63.whatever%.

The percentage you see is based on a formula that takes a raw number and expresses it as a percentage. The raw number is Armor for physical damage and Resistance for special damage. The raw number is what's doubled, and since it isn't a directly linear formula the percentage won't be the same.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ricocosta329_858_327
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    The way Vailen's Legacy works is a little convoluted, but makes sense. Basically if you have 31.78% Armor, it doesn't double to 63.whatever%.

The percentage you see is based on a formula that takes a raw number and expresses it as a percentage. The raw number is Armor for physical damage and Resistance for special damage. The raw number is what's doubled, and since it isn't a directly linear formula the percentage won't be the same.

Thanks for clarify that, but is it already applied in the basic statistics? Or is it applied when you enter in combat? @NicWester
  • Ricocosta329_858_327
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Boreas
    Sorry but I dont know why sid could be useful here, no healing or cc, not crit so not debuffs...

EP is still bugged with Crackling Doom, and he gets killed easily, Savage can be a better option if you can have him zeta. I run a full sith team under DN, since not hitting criticals can be an advantage in the current meta. SiT is great under DN, if you can have a fast SAss or Zid that'll make a nice team, if you don't have them ready than that's up to you to decide who to use.

• Options
    @Jedi_Reach_ Yes, I am stacking mods with protection as primary. But which class will you use then? I am with 4 armor and 2 tenacity, to do harder the cc against him and that will let him to counterattack. As secondary i am priorizing protection (+1800) or attack (+50) or tenacity.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Options
    @Boreas
    Sorry but I dont know why sid could be useful here, no healing or cc, not crit so not debuffs...

His basic blocks heals and can get around defense, the expose on his AOE can be brutal, he is good against Jedi, and he is fast and gains a lot of TM. You lose the chance for an extra DOT and the healing he has built in under DN but he is by no means useless.

I am currently running zzDN, Dooku, SA, Zavage, and SiT though my trooper is only 5* and G10 so far. I can't beat every team and it is certainly beatable on defense (who isn't) but it works well.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    In general, you want Protection primaries as they give more Effective Health.
    You actually want flat defense bonus like say +20 defense rather that % based defense bonus of +2% defense. This is because Sith Trooper base defense is much lower than other tanks such as Baze. If you'd like more details, use the search tool and look for Defense Calculator.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Jedi_Reach_ Yes, I am stacking mods with protection as primary. But which class will you use then? I am with 4 armor and 2 tenacity, to do harder the cc against him and that will let him to counterattack. As secondary i am priorizing protection (+1800) or attack (+50) or tenacity.
    Tenacity is useless unless you are fully stacking it and running a Tenacity-based leadership (IE: Luke) Use the health class. Offense and speed secondaries are optional. Defense (flat, not %) is also okay.