Do you know how to perform "Zero Damage"?

Ansroff
283 posts Member
If you don't, that's ok, but you'll want to learn. All the successful guilds use this tactic, and it's incredibly beneficial. The problem is, WAY too many people don't understand it. Don't be "that guy" in your guild. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eooI3l4T_4Y

Replies

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    What I would more be interested in is how do people get 1 dmg?
    Im my guild they did a sports out of who would get the smallest amount of dmg and one guy filed 6, another 1.
    How?
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    Options
    I can't imagine how it's possible to record 1 damage, but I'd be interested to see it. Though that kind of defeats the purpose of zero damage. I know some guilds do intentionally do small amounts of damage, but this was mainly for those who practice the 0 damage rule.
  • Options
    What's the point I mean even if every one did say 100 damage you would still be no where near finishing the raid you would still be closer so everyone still gets a chance to participate but actually do something at the same time wouldn't that make more cents ?
  • Options
    What's the point I mean even if every one did say 100 damage you would still be no where near finishing the raid you would still be closer so everyone still gets a chance to participate but actually do something at the same time wouldn't that make more cents ?

I assume it is to make sure everybody who doesn't get to participate all draw for damage, say everybody gets 0 damage and then 1 guy solo's, everybody else gets the same or equal chance to get better rewards? I cannot confirm I just thought that was the reason.

Also I wonder if you can enter with Hermit Yoda solo, to immediately flee giving 0 damage without fail?
  • Options
    I cannot understand what is the purpose of this... 1 player solo and the others all at 2nd place? This does not guarantee good gear rewards.....
  • Options
    In my guild Heroic Rancor lasts less than 20 minutes. It's very easy to miss. By having a zero point rule we guarantee prizes & progression for all. After 24 hours, 40+ zero scores are in place, and the free for all begins.

It's by far the fairest method.
  • Options
    Ansroff wrote: »
    I can't imagine how it's possible to record 1 damage, but I'd be interested to see it. Though that kind of defeats the purpose of zero damage. I know some guilds do intentionally do small amounts of damage, but this was mainly for those who practice the 0 damage rule.
    Raw wrote: »
    What I would more be interested in is how do people get 1 dmg?
    Im my guild they did a sports out of who would get the smallest amount of dmg and one guy filed 6, another 1.
    How?

No idea how. I threw Cassian for a suicide as he was like g5 or so, they killed him without him even taking a turn and he somehow scored 1.
    4WZEmYT.png
  • Options
    MathisRarg wrote: »
    In my guild Heroic Rancor lasts less than 20 minutes. It's very easy to miss. By having a zero point rule we guarantee prizes & progression for all. After 24 hours, 40+ zero scores are in place, and the free for all begins.

It's by far the fairest method.

What prizes do the guys who miss it get? If for example everybody has 0 damage and 1 guy solo's does everybody else get 41-50 rewards, or is it random?
  • Options
    If 15 ppl manage to hit it during FFA then zero scores will place anywhere from 16th to 50th. It used to be based upon your individual server date, but now it's random which is much better.
  • Options
    Totally confused. Why bother having every one with minimal rewards? How can that be fair? More fair is having lower level players get the higher rewards while the higher level whales get the lower level rewards.
  • Options
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    Totally confused. Why bother having every one with minimal rewards? How can that be fair? More fair is having lower level players get the higher rewards while the higher level whales get the lower level rewards.

ur missing the point, in many guilds alot of people can solo the entire raid, so instead of opening a raid and having that person or persons finish the raid in 10 minutes and having 30+ people completely miss the raid, there is a 0 damage rule so everyone is on the scoreboard before the FFA starts. therefore everyone gets a reward
  • Options
    Kameleonic wrote: »

Thanks Piff, great response. The zero damage is just to, "open the door", so to speak. It allows everyone AT LEAST the minimum reward. After the 24 hour zero damage window is up, people attack based on the guidelines of your guild. That's when the rewards are allocated based on performance.
  • Options
    Someone in our guild today said they "accidently did dmg with a extra attack" its like how dumb can you be just close the game if that happens and you kill straight away.... I don't know why people find Zero damage so hard to follow.
  • Options
    Usually happens when I have newbies that use someone with aoe or auto counter for their throwaway hero.
  • Options
    yeah, drives me nuts. It's not hard to post a zero damage. This shouldn't be an issue.
  • Sev
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Someone in our guild managed to do 1 damage and we couldn't even be mad. He was the mvp. We told him to request whatever gear he needed all week and we made sure to fill his request each time.
  • Options
    Oh if I had a penny for every member that cried in my guild who completely missed out on the whole thing because they didn’t post their 0 damage. I mean c’mon when I launch it you should get a notification. Or at least read my guild message telling everyone to post their 0’s that I put every time.
  • Options
    My guild has a less than 6 figures rule. In our heroic rancor raids, you are allowed to do up to 99,999 damage. One time offenders are disciplined, repeat offenders are kicked. We've even had to kick members who have been with us since the guild update simply because they can't follow instructions posted on the guild chat header. I guess we will eventually have to move to less damage rules until we get to 0
  • Options
    HK_V8R wrote: »
    My guild has a less than 6 figures rule. In our heroic rancor raids, you are allowed to do up to 99,999 damage. One time offenders are disciplined, repeat offenders are kicked. We've even had to kick members who have been with us since the guild update simply because they can't follow instructions posted on the guild chat header. I guess we will eventually have to move to less damage rules until we get to 0

Back when my guild used to do 500k max for first day then 250k max for first day it was just terrible. People would always try to work out how much % of raid equaled those numbers and try to max out their first day scores and with each phase equating to different percentages people would constantly screw up and go over.
    Doing zero runs has helped in that aspect alot, we almost never have any issues with people messing that up, usually the couple problems we have are because of people thinking the ffa time is different than it is, or forget to put it on airplane mode and drop runs early.