Darth Nihilus annihilate bug

Scorn
411 posts Member
I was playing a match today, and i had 1 turn left for cooldown on my Darth Nihilus' annihilate ability. My opponent's Nihilus annihilated a toon and suddenly, my Nihilus has a 5 turn cooldown. I've noticed this before, but thought it was a one time thing. However, this has been consistently happening to me now, and its seriously hindering my arena team. Please look into this. His cooldowns should not increase when the ending Nihilus uses his annihilate. It makes running Nihilus absolutely useless, as i'm now having to wait 13+ turns to use my annihilate unless my Nihilus annihilates first.

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    This may explain why today my Nihilis still had 4 turns left on my Annihilate after my opponent used his even though mine went first, and I used drain force. I thought it was because drain force didn't work, and it made me lose to someone I should not have lost to in arena. I figured it was just horrible RNG against me, but maybe it is indeed a bug? This sort of thing does seem to happen too often for my comfort.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    yeah, I've noticed if I use drain force and get 5/5 cooldowns, when the enemy Nihlus annihilates, my annihilate cooldown is always reset to 5. even though it should be no higher than 2. It's a very big bug, and I'm surprised it has gone unnoticed for the most part. I hope the devs see this and fix it.

@CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    We tested the scenario you mentioned and we were unable to reproduce. Whenever the enemy Nihilus used Annihilate, the cooldown for own Nihilus were not affected. Perhaps the enemy Nihilus used "Drain Force" prior to using Annihilate?
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    Even if he used Drain force, it wouldn't make our cooldowns jump from 1 or 2 to 5. Please keep testing. This does not happen 100% of the time. But there is definitely something wrong. I will try to get screenshots so that I can prove this is indeed happening.
  • Options
    If you can provide more information such as screenshot, video it would definitely help in investigating this issue. Thanks.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    I definitely will. Thanks!
  • Wrathe
    198 posts Member
    Options
    Just found this post as I'm having the exact same issue myself. I'll also try and capture it occurring.
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @EA_MindTricks Ok, it took a while to get this, but i believe i finally have proof! Here is a link to 2 battles i did against a Darth Nihilus that seemed to be annihilating befire his ability cooled down. The first battle, i think he does it the turn before the ability should be cooled down, and the second battle, 2 turns before. I've counted and recounted his turns and took into account all of his abilities, like force drain, and his basic, which cool down force drain. And it's just not adding up. Furthermore, I've had numerous guildmates go over the video, and they draw the same conclusion.

Here's the video link..

https://youtu.be/e7zr9SuU0cY

*edited for typos
  • Options
    If it is so, that means they will nerf Nihilus !!! :)
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    He is definitely doing Annihilate 1 turn early in both battles.

I have two theories:

1)Drain Force cannot increase a cooldown beyond its maximum. Since your Nihilus goes first and opposing Nihilus starts on cooldown, Annihilate is not actually increasing his cooldown to 9. It stays at 8. I will have to watch your video again to see if anyone gets their cooldowns increased immediately after using a special.

2)AI counts cooldowns incorrectly and uses abilities when '1' is showing. I only say this because tank bosses get enraged when '1' is showing on the counter, and then it goes to 0 after they take their first enraged attack. I confess that I don't pay attention to the counters on other abilities. I would also have to rewatch your video for this behavior, but if this really was happening across the board, I think it would have been widely reported by now.

So I think 1 is correct, in that you are not increasing his cooldown to 9 and it stays at 8. I wish you hadn't retreated the battles, just on the off chance he might have gotten a second Annihilate in. I may keep researching the number 2 scenario.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    He is definitely doing Annihilate 1 turn early in both battles.

I have two theories:

1)Drain Force cannot increase a cooldown beyond its maximum. Since your Nihilus goes first and opposing Nihilus starts on cooldown, Annihilate is not actually increasing his cooldown to 9. It stays at 8. I will have to watch your video again to see if anyone gets their cooldowns increased immediately after using a special.

2)AI counts cooldowns incorrectly and uses abilities when '1' is showing. I only say this because tank bosses get enraged when '1' is showing on the counter, and then it goes to 0 after they take their first enraged attack. I confess that I don't pay attention to the counters on other abilities. I would also have to rewatch your video for this behavior, but if this really was happening across the board, I think it would have been widely reported by now.

So I think 1 is correct, in that you are not increasing his cooldown to 9 and it stays at 8. I wish you hadn't retreated the battles, just on the off chance he might have gotten a second Annihilate in. I may keep researching the number 2 scenario.

I feel the second scenario is more likely. I have had Zader's Force Crush pushed to 6 after use from DN and DT, normally it is 4 so in this case scenario one does not seem correct.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"