Fleet Arena - Computer opponent cheating?

Whatelse73
2164 posts Member
So, I've only been playing a couple weeks now, but there seems to be an issue in fleet arena recently. Maybe since the last update, I don't know.

I've experienced this issue more than once with a variety of fleet decks. I've attacked more than one 2-star capital ship deck with my 3-star capital deck ship and used the three different ones I've gotten so far.

Imperial Assault: I've been attacked by this 3 times recently and EVERY single time my fleet gets wiped out totally. I've had them all loaded with full shields and they all still got wiped. I figured it was just an ultimate so I switched to Tarkin myself with a 3-star capital ship against a 2-star. I've used it 3-4 times and knocked 1 ship out in all 4 matches combined. Since it is a 5-turn cooldown, I couldn't even get to Mace's immunity to have that going to counter it. If it truly is a nuke and wipe of the whole deck, then that should be the same for ME as well. Not just the computer opponent.

Mace immunity. I have used it myself and it can be worthwhile. However, I've gone up against 2-star capital ships of Mace and for some reason, the computer opponent is using it at 5-6 turns on 3 different occasions. I know because mine was still charging. I inspected those decks after the fact and they weren't skilled up, they had the same ships I did, but still Mace's immunity was used in half the time mine was.

I've also seen ships that don't have taunt, suddenly have taunt when there's no power used to give them taunt. That has happened more than once. The ship doesn't have the taunt ability, but suddenly that ship has a taunt on it. (Yes, I know that Mace's ship can give a taunt, but I don't see that ability used and suddenly there's a taunt. Or, the power is used on one ship and then 2 turns later a taunt appears on another ship. The cooldown for it is a lot longer than that, in the case I blinked.)

Computer opponents are also using other abilities that don't seem to respect the cooldowns on them. Tarkin's ion cannon, Mace's pink torpedo attack (can't remember what its called) will get used before my cooldowns are even done on mine. Ships in the deck are also hitting even harder than mine (really frustrating when they are much lower level, 1-star vs my 2-star, etc.) on every single attack.

Like I said, I'm not sure if it was the latest update, or just been like this for a while, but it seems to me that the computer is plain ol' cheating. Again, this isn't against "special" other ships, it is just early ships you get to start. If I see a special ship I pretty much avoid it and look for decks with the same ships as mine. (consular, tie fighters, x-wings, that geo soldier ship) But, even if we're on equal footing, my ships are getting wiped before I can even kill 2 ships of the computer opponent, let alone even 1 sometimes. I've attacked all three capitals too, Akbar, Mace and Tarkin and see common results.

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    You should read up on different abilities and valor in particular. I guarantee you the computer isnt "cheating". Also, videos would help
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Did you even level/star/gear/mod the respective Pilots and Fleet Commanders? That will affect the speed of the ships.
  • Options
    Make sure your pilots are all well geared and leveled as this seems to be what affects a ships health. Tie Fighter gives turn meter to capitol ships. Plo Kloon causes taunt on selected ally regardless of there abilities. Other than that hope for good RNG.
    Best of luck
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    Options
    About the taunting thing, are you sure you are not fighting Plo Koon when it happens? He can give any ship taunt. I don't know if the AI cheats on cooldown, but in regular non-ship matches it does cheat in some things, like on potency and tenacity, but not on cooldowns as far I can tell. I do feel it also cheats on ships in the same way, and since ship speed is an obscure thing, sometimes I cannot tell why the opponent ships, especially capital ship, are almost always faster than mine.
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Or enemy Biggs' ship will taunt when another ship gives target lock to your ship
  • Options
    Maybe you have to reflect onto yourself, about how you are lacking as a player. Because from the basic procedure of making a hypothesis, if the results are all the same even though you change the testable hypothesis, there must be something wrong with the null hypothesis, like your team composition or your strategy.
    Oh, and apart from that, there actually is a bug in Enemy fleet viewer screen. Rather than showing enemy stats, it will show a stats of your ship if you currently have that ship in possession. It's one major problem that have great impact on making strategy, being unable to know an exact order of action since you cannot know an exact speed of a certain enemy's unit.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Well, my last ship battle, Biggs, not Tie Fighter, but Biggs, with no additional evasion buff, dodged 5 times in row, I don't know about others, but for me this is definitely AI cheating.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Despite what all the tinfoil hat wearers think, there's no evidence that the computer "cheats."

As has been mentioned, pilot levels affect ships, and there is a bug where if you try to look up enemy ship stats it shows your own. So it's impossible to tell if they are more levelled than you.

Mace's ship has several abilities that can decrease cooldowns; I suggest you read up on all of those. In addition to Endurance and Plo Koon granting taunts, Sun Fac and Biggs have auto taunts.
  • Options
    Besides what others have already stated I feel ur pain. RNG in fleet battles is the biggest key factor it seems. I did one match today where I took on a player twice. 1st time he wrecked me in under a minute. 2nd time we took out equal number of ships with the computer throwing taunt around I wiped 3 ships out in 1 turn bringing us even and getting lucky with some target locks allowed me to get damage immunity up 1 last time and avoid 3 big attacks which gave me the edge I needed to pull ahead and win.

We were both using mace and had the exact same ships minus 2. He used clone phase 1 and Poe. I used ashonka and 1st order tie. The rest were Jc, tie, Biggs, x wing, and gs

I to took on less powerful opponents and got wiped as well as seeing mace use 4 moves in a row, with no other ships taking a turn. Basically u build a deck and then pray rng is in ur favor or at least steps aside and allows a fair fight.

I even pled Daddy lucifer after several very unfair matches about possible hacking and the crazy things I have seen. he told me it's impossible for a defending team to be hacked and is just the straight game the computer runs. He also said that there are to many factors that go into fleet battles for him to be able to say why the enemy team can have that kind of advantage even though they are 5 levels below and only 1 star to my full 3 star team and 4 star capital ship.

I have since managed to build a decent deck that keeps me around 30-73 rank. Generally I fall to around 73 by the time I get off work and can work my way up to the low 30s again