RIP The Droid Dream

So with all the new speed changes I think the droids were hit the hardest with the overhaul of the speed system. Droids might still be viable on offense but against a human player I think they won't be able to hold rank. Anyways I am going to continue building a droid team in the hope of there being a General Greivous event that will bring them back to relevancy.

Replies

• Options
    Hang on. Was HK's speed always below 100? What was it before if not?
  • Options
    I hope you are wrong, but I think you might be right. Sad day for me as I have focused on a droid team from the start. They just won't have the speed to compete with the new speed teams we will see, even with a Lobot lead.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    As soon as my fotp is 7*.(15more shards).I'm going after lobot..will be a grind..but going after all spd leaders.....ventress, ackbar, n qgj are already in the books....
  • Options
    Not dead - just need Lobot now.
  • Darthbinks
    232 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nah I just smashed a qgj led team with droids. They might be a little nerfed on defense but still a machine on offense.
  • Options
    Hang on. Was HK's speed always below 100? What was it before if not?

Unless they already made the speed changes here it appears it was always below 100.

http://www.swgohcantina.com/hk-47/

I hope Lobot saves them but he will take ages to get to 7*.
  • Options
    Darthbinks wrote: »
    Nah I just smashed a qgj led team with droids. They might be a little nerfed on defense but still a machine on offense.

Well this is promising. Glad the AI is still horrible then I guess!
  • MikeTython
    30 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm tired of lvl 70 droid teams messing up my galactic wars.

edited out profanity
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Options
    What's the next best setup? Go qui gon some Jedi and just bring 88 and 86 along? I'm finding tons of chars now go before Droid toons.
  • Darthbinks
    232 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    edited

Your just mad they are better than you
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    What's the next best setup? Go qui gon some Jedi and just bring 88 and 86 along? I'm finding tons of chars now go before Droid toons.

Lobot with them would probably be better but not many people have him so we will have to wait and see.
  • Options
    I think they will struggle against the Ackbar rebel and QGJ Jedi teams, but otherwise they should still fare well. Im unconvinced Lobot will help much at all, even with his boost they still arent fast enough to act before the DPS of the two above teams, and you lose a lot removing someone for lobot
  • Options
    Lobot will not save them unfortunately. His leader bonus is not enough considering 2 of the 4 droids are below 100 speed to start.

Also he is just a terrible character, with poor damage and low health and defense.
  • Options
    Droid team is done no doubt. Lobot won't give the crit chance that HK does so even with better speed they won't hit as hard.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sitting 4th in my server right now. Using HK, both IG, Poggle and Geo Soldier. Let's see what happen. They probably will be weaker in defense, as players target IG soon. But they still do good damage, and they are slow only in first turn, as HK TM bonus gives them a good buff. Poggle Speed Up also helps.

On the bright side, if IG88 is alive when he acts, he can AOE everybody and gain health doing so.

Droids probably need one more droid or two. Or maybe 1more Geonosian character
  • Options
    A thread on Reddit suggests there's big hope for Droids in the future.
  • Options
    Jek_Face wrote: »
    A thread on Reddit suggests there's big hope for Droids in the future.

Can you share the link
  • Options
    According to the data-mined files, QGJ's leader ability at level 8 (character level 82) applies the speed bonus to all allies, not just Jedi, but there are still a bunch of heavy hitters out there with the potential to go first.
  • Options
    I just beat a droid team they got 1 attack and the game was over and that was poggle hitting Poe for pile 2k damage. Mind you my dooku and daka got double stuns and Poe was stunned twice
  • Options
    Thing is if you use dooku and geo you can reliably take out ig88 before thier Poe taunts, once they loos him they have no fire power left besides ig86 and once Poe is dead he is the next target. Before the update if ig88 was able to use his aoe it decided the match for droids.