Explain like I'm 5 what "turn 7/turn 8" means?

And why Poe's speed being reduced by 1 is a biblical tragedy?

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Well, fact is it is not a tragedy. It used to be, but no longer the case

Before, the characters added their speed to the turn meter, the blue bar. When they reached 1000, they acted. All characters with 143 to 166 speed, reach 100 in 7 "ticks" or "turns" or "rounds" or whatever you want to name it. Poe had 143 speed, which in 7 turns is 1001 (143x7), which means he was just as fast as anyone else, as the fastest, Dooku, with 161 speed, was also 7 turn.

With that in mind, droping from 161 to 160 is irrelevant. But falling from 143 to 142 meant you actually were slower.

HOWEVER.... this patch also fixed speed. Now characters act by speed, so a 160 char will always be faster than a 159 one. So really, 142 speed is not the end of the world now. But people still have the mindset pre-patch
  • Options
    Turn seven and eight don't exist anymore. Now speed is purely based on who has the higher stat.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Well it means nothing now - only thing that matters is the speed listed on the card. Before it mattered because Poe was in the fastest tier bracket. He was as fast as anyone in the game, even heroes with higher speed because speed rolls were bands for turn one. That's been changed though, so even without a change to Poe's speed specifically, his role and function in the game was going to be massively changed since the turn brackets were eliminated. They could have done nothing to Poe and still had pretty much the same impact to him specifically.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for the replies guys I now understand :-)
  • Options
    Yeah, this was a very clear and precise explanation. Thank you.
    Of all the quotes, in all the bars, in all the world, you had to walk into mine.