Personal Feedback after around 7 month into this game

First of all hello lads and gents

I started like the title says around 7 to 8 month ago and while the ride with each level kept me going and more entertained to play this game more on my phone, I need to say lately or after reaching a certain point I felt really not the need to play at all. Will try to explain how I see the current situation with me and the game in a nice tone and feedback manner, hopefully.

First steps

Started as every newcomer with trying and figuring out a way to play this game, while at some point I had more interest and watched more or less youtube videos and read some guides throughout the net. I mean we all make mistakes and while focusing on droids for the most part as my squad goal, I wanted them to be as good as possible, since I am a F2Player for the most part. I invested maybe 60 bucks but definitely not more. However for the time being droids were a mediocre choice while game seemingly changes towards counter crit punishment which droids obviously are all about.

Nonetheless I learned what I can do and what not with my team which basically was HK lead, IG88/86, K2-> later B2 and JE. GG and IG100 were not used often or rather not at all, due their bad kit or in GGs case, the long grind with a bad kit and no viability in this meta in comparison to what you need to invest. Besides the fairly low amount of variety in my squad, I enjoyed using them and had quite a lot of success with them. Best ranking I have reached was 23 before I started recording them.

While the overall grinding was quite fast in the low to mid level, it was a bit longer when you gone past 70, but still I would say it was fairly fast in that sense, that the progression itself was not exhausting.
This part or time of the game was the most enjoyable time I'd say when I look back, due the unlocking of all the modes, challenges and everything while maintaining good chances to advance in PvP and GW. In raids I have seen quite an improvement as well up to a point where I just stopped with any improvement.

Middle part

I mentioned it before and this was quite an interesting point for a game like this, which I have never had in other mobile games ( didn't had a smartphone or tablet a year ago ). Unlocking a new mode or challenge, enabling new leadership skills and so on. Some are more or less straight forward, or rather pointless as you don't see that much of an improvement and others are actually quite a turningpoint. Mostly I reckon was hitting level 80 with HK47, where you gain 50% TM instead of 33% or so, which made a huge difference in how I could perform in PvP and GW. Others where not that notable to me, as maybe their impact was lower than this leadership skill from HK.

What I noticed the higher I have gone, like 70 up to 80, that it was a lot harder in GW and even PvP at times. I have no problem with a challenge, but I had sometimes squads in GW where I had serious problems or couldn't make it all, since they countered my droids hard and my other squads or chars, where not even close to be that strong to beat them. Tried often with different compositions and sometimes even succeed with it, but lately it was more or less not the case.

Besides this, I found myself in a complex system of micromanagement and some luck, aka mods. Wasting money at first with leveling up every mod literally, I watched some youtube videos where they explained what you need to do, to get a good result or rather don't waste money. This was a challenge at first and once you figured the system out for the most part, I started to help guildmates when they had questions about it, or when they reached the point of unlocking mods. I think that the overall design from level 1 to 70/75/(80) is fairly good and enjoyable, whilst the endgame from 80 to 85 is the opposite for me at least.

Endgame part

From level 80 to 85 was or is the turning point for me, where the game has serious issues, which I am pretty sure are pointed out all over this forum. Whilst I understand that some chars, squads, factions are more or less useless for the most part during the game, I found that the limitation in what is viable, is a downside which I simply don't enjoy. There could be quite a lot variety, which I don't see in my shard.
The crucial points for me are:
  • Zeta
  • low variation in chars
  • GW balance

Zeta's are broken for the most part. Sure there are even useless Zeta's but for the most part, they are just broken with no balance at all.
Savage OPress. 17k power ( with new rating ) and I barely could beat him with a squad with 50k power, or even before with a better squad where he just wrecked them, due the endless amount of heals, buffs while you can't even debuff him.
Darth Maul Zeta, before the power change, I couldn't beat it with my best squad with 46.6k power whilst the DM squad had only 35k power at best. Totally countered, no chance with all their daze's, crit avoiding features, TM manipulating stuff. To be honest, when I see these squads, I know I lost or don't even need to try at all.
Barriss passive cleansing and her zeta are no fun either
Just a few that come to my mind.

Guess others have mentioned it, but the variation is like in LOL, a lot of chars available, but only a few are viable at all. Loads of SITH squads, next to a few Rebel squads, and just a few mixed squads or other squads. Top 50 in my shard :smile:
21 DM squads
6 DN squads
4 DV squads
1 Boba lead

7 Wedge squads
5 Rex leads
3 Jyn leads
2 QGJ leads
1 GK lead

Most of the squads have Chaze or Wedge/Biggs comb some Jyn and Cassian and R2 is quite common as well, besides the Sith chars. Chaze is just annoying to play against even with a 86% potency B2, or Wedge and Biggs with Chaze is just pure cancer. Not to mention the DM and DV leads, where all those " not tanky Sith" are actually even more tanky than everything droids can offer or probably other factions.
I am fine when people who invest money that they get a head start or better gear faster and so on, but that ain't an excuse for having no variety at all. In all those squads there are probably at best 20 different chars out of 100 or more ?

If some chars are overbuffed or all other chars are waiting for a rework or a buff, well that is up to those who know a lot more about the game and balance than I do.

GW balance was first noticeable when I was around lvl 70 where I encountered squads who just whipped me without ease. Guess that was part of the learning process but once I hit level 85, GW balance went from "yes that is a challenge" to " well time to restart, stop GW or shut down the game entirely, as those challenges are just not challenges, but pure ****.
DM leads ? No need to try
GK lead or in the squad ? No need to try
Wedge/Biggs with Chaze and all G11 ? No need to try
G11 squads with complete Zeta and everything? No need to try

Where I completed GW 99% of the time before reaching endgame, now I completed it maybe 1 or 2% of the time. Sometimes squads on node 6 are already unbeatable, or you get completely countered on the last 2 nodes. I think there is a high priority need, to fix the ratings and the squad combos and their synergy besides giving Zeta a higher rating probably. If you don't have yourself a Zeta in your team, you shouldn't encounter one just to be fair, while there still is a challenge given, which you can manage.

Conclusion

While the game was a lot of fun from low to mid and to like level 80 maybe, the game got a lot worse once you reach 85 as the meta game and the imbalance to me is unbearable. I hope that there is some balance coming up, to add some variety in the game and a bit fairer approach in GW.

Cheers Vervun

Replies

• TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, end point you are bitter you cannot use your droid who you invested a lot in, even knowing that they were on their way out of top meta teams, they have been going downhill since wigs first meta team that was introduced about 8 months ago, why you kept farming them?? God knows, what you need is not to always follow the bait, invest in what is gonna do well for you for other things, If you had been farming chirpatine, zidader, clones, resistance, you'd have so much gear from raids that arena won't matter so much ^_^
  • Vervun
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Well I am not really bitter about it, as I just brought them to G11 and not more. I am grinding other chars more or less but they are still my best squad and as a F2P it takes time to farm someone else up who is competitive enough to maintain the rank.
    The point is that there is no variety in this game at all, besides having them available there is nothing which you can use especially in the endgame where there is only rebalanced or newly released characters who are there for a reason. That is as sad as it is in LOL where there are a lot of chars, but no one use them due their tiering.

However I do like clones as well and they are missing a lot of them, same as I like Jawa or bounty hunters, and yet not a even a whole portion of them are viable even if you try to fit them in a squad where they have a high synergy, they just lack a Zeta or just other stats to have a option available which can work. I wouldn't call that bitterness for 1 faction, but a lost opportunity to make the game interesting with many options besides mods.