making gear more accessible

xodiack
80 posts Member
i have been thinking about a way that could make the current gameplay a lot more fun without any new content.

the grind is very heavy in this game and there is no room to experiment unless you pay an insane amounts of money. i have used approx. 500 dollars in totalt and i got to gear a full empire team so that i could stop using wiggs in everything which made it a lot more fun for me in all of the game modes.

what i suggest is making gear more accessible with either guranteed drops or very reduced prices in crystal cost or even better both because then we can finaly have the resources to experiment with different teams instead of using it all just trying to follow the meta which isnt very satisfying but is kinda nescerray if you want to have any crystals at all without cashing out.

i expect a lot of you write "but cg/ea has to make money and tbh i dont think 95% knows anything when it comes to that issue because what if this generates more players or more purchases of crystals because you get more out of them??? you never know.

this is my suggestion how make us able to experiment and have more fun without adding any content and kind of make the new characters more appealing in that we dont loose 5 months of grind doing this new character

Replies

• BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    Good luck with that. Gear IS the grind in swgoh. It’s doled out slowly to constrain progression in the game. The only way to skip this hurdle is to pay.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    How about choosing the gear received from the level 85 daily reward or an option to re-roll raid rewards
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Good luck with that. Gear IS the grind in swgoh. It’s doled out slowly to constrain progression in the game. The only way to skip this hurdle is to pay.

i hear you! and thanks i hope that this game can be looked at at a more expanded universe with bigger rosters for where people are able to try out their favorite chars or ideas instead of feeling forced to chase the meta :)
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    How about choosing the gear received from the level 85 daily reward or an option to re-roll raid rewards

very good suggestions indeed trooper! :)
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I think giving players guild currency to purchase the gear they want from a revamped guild store is a great solution. Unfortunately I can’t ever see that happening... the compulsion for the game to give us challenge gear we don’t need is too strong.
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

I think giving players guild currency to purchase the gear they want from a revamped guild store is a great solution. Unfortunately I can’t ever see that happening... the compulsion for the game to give us challenge gear we don’t need is too strong.

yeah that is so true i hope they either make that gear useable by maybe making it possible to disenchant and make other gear pieces and your guild idea is great! :)
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    some good suggestions on this thread fellas.

OP, if gear was say 5 x cheaper do you think you'd have spent $500 or $100? if all you wanted was to max out one faction? would you have been happy with that, not having to use wiggs or would you have maxed 5 factions? I suspect the former and unfortunately that's the answer, as you pointed out.

It's hard for them to find a balance. Controversially I think the grind is probably about right (and I'm F2P!). Think about it, if it were that easy to max a team you'd have about 100 teams contesting for #1 on your shard every day and that wouldn't be any fun.

The only way I can compete is by making smart decisions and I get rewarded for it. If I don't, then I'm nowhere in my shard and I'm punished for it. I'm fine with that.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to do something with the thousands and thousands of low level gear I pile up that I can't use, while getting just 20 or 50 shards of some purples is a heavy grind.

Part of the issue for me is that there is nothing to do with low geared characters. Can't use them for anything. It isn't until tier 10 or t11 that we can start to use them, and it is quite a grind to get that far. So many characters in the game too...